New vaccination website launched tomorrow

21 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

It does say Foreign Residents, as in formal resident status foreigners?

Any idea what time that opens?

11:00 tomorrow 

“According to Khun @NatapanuN, the new vaccination registration site to be launched on Sunday will be for “expats of all ages in all provinces who still have not been vaccinated to date”. To be clear here, if you’ve already had one shot, you cannot use this to get your 2nd shot.”

6 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

“According to Khun @NatapanuN, the new vaccination registration site to be launched on Sunday will be for “expats of all ages in all provinces who still have not been vaccinated to date”. To be clear here, if you’ve already had one shot, you cannot use this to get your 2nd shot.”

Will be up early tomorrow!  But will walk away from Sinovac.

Edited by DrPhibes
content
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Are you waiting for Pfizer to stop being infected against the Delta?   Or stop being seriously ill ?  

Well you know of the Israeli view on the effectiveness of Pfizervs the Delta, in preventing virus infection, I hope ?  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Not good.

Fortunately all of the vaccines (Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, etc .... )  after 2 jabs seem to have good efficacy in preventing serious illness and death against the delta.

Regardless of which vaccine you go for, my recommendation is to try to stay fit/healthy, and eat healthy.  Isolating a bit also in these pandemic times also likely a good approach.  Best wishes in good health in what ever your approach. 

I haven't heard much about Sinovac against the Delta variant.

I know there mixing it with Astra Zeneca because hundreds of front line workers were catching COVID-19 and many were sick enough to be hospitalized, some in ICU.

Can't afford that since there rapidly runner out of beds and the remaining medical personnel are exhausted.

My experience living up in the North East is that many Thais aren't going to take Sinovac.

Astra Zeneca will be an easier sell.

Opinions may differ in different parts.

21 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I haven't heard much about Sinovac against the Delta variant.

I know there mixing it with Astra Zeneca because hundreds of front line workers were catching COVID-19 and many were sick enough to be hospitalized, some in ICU.

Can't afford that since there rapidly runner out of beds and the remaining medical personnel are exhausted.

My experience living up in the North East is that many Thais aren't going to take Sinovac.

Astra Zeneca will be an easier sell.

Opinions may differ in different parts.

Hahahaha

You don’t “sell” people vaccines. What complete and utter rubbish 

People are desperate to get any vaccine, Thais don’t think like paranoid Americans  

Edited by FridgeMagnet1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

so, are you now really working for the foreign ministry public relation team?

is it just part time?

you are so one dimensional, all you write are vaccinations. Non of your 100 posts on forum are about anything else.

why you are so pushy and aggressive on all your posts?

that's bad PR work. Easy to spot you

I’ve been accused of being a ‘wumao’ and now a Thai PR guy. (But a very bad one in your estimation)

Expats here are definitely not paranoid in any way 

i hope that when I’m 74, I too think everyone is a spy. That’s a healthy way to lived, no 

Edited by FridgeMagnet1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pravda said:

I'm not desperate enough to get a ineffective Chinese vaccine while waiting like a cattle in the waiting petri dish line. 

Thread reported to mods. 

This thread has been reported to mods because it gives the link the the official website (well the latest one) for vaccine registration? 

1 hour ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Why does is not say 11am tomorrow on the link? The announcement and accompanying cartoons appear to have been authored by a child.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

I’ve been accused of being a ‘wumao’ and now a Thai PR guy. (But a very bad one in your estimation)

Expats here are definitely not paranoid in any way 

i hope that when I’m 74, I too think everyone is a spy. That’s a healthy way to lived, no 

it's you who is paranoid about vaccination in thailand. Healthy person has wide interests and balanced views. Certainly healthy person is social and doesn't look down on the other people around him. 

That's why non of your posts can be trusted. By writing "Khun" about your pal from the foreign ministry indicates, you are associated to him

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, champers said:

How,what,where and when are pretty important.

Thats not explained either.  Hopefully it has some information tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210731-223709.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

1 hour ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Hahahaha

You don’t “sell” people vaccines. What complete and utter rubbish 

People are desperate to get any vaccine, Thais don’t think like paranoid Americans  

Sinopharm is 888 baht.

Thailand is one of the only countries that sells some vaccines to its populace, unfortunately.

Edited by MrJ2U

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Will be up early tomorrow!  But will walk away from Sinovac.

If you don't want Sinovac, just exchange it with other people who do want it at the vaccination site.

Edited by EricTh

Hmmm.  Just off the top of my head it seems that Thailand may have more vaccine websites than it does vaccines.   Is this another for a specific spot on a certain day??

I'd rather see an announcement that a certain section of the population can now receive their vaccine and here is the list of  (X) number of places where one can receive it in each province.

6 minutes ago, ourdon said:

Hmmm.  Just off the top of my head it seems that Thailand may have more vaccine websites than it does vaccines.   Is this another for a specific spot on a certain day??

I'd rather see an announcement that a certain section of the population can now receive their vaccine and here is the list of  (X) number of places where one can receive it in each province.

Ok, I know you would rather see an announcement that perfectly fits your needs. But that’s now how life works.

if you want a vaccine, this is how you get it. 

As always, the question is do you want a vaccine, or moan about not getting one?

"Its a government program so it will be Sinovac and AZ"

clearly, it's an insider information, because you pal from ministry of foreign affairs does't mention it in any of his multiple and detailed posts.

Yes, there is 150 000 pfizer, which suppose to go also for foreigners. Who has stolen it? As an isnider, can you shed some light on it? Surely, the foreign ministry should know more, than generals are feeding in the press statements.

"moan away lads. Tell us all why you won’t take Sinovac and whatever other grumble you have"

Why you have to tease people into negative comments? If you had any respect for the foreign community in thailand you would simply inform about this new opportunity to get registered.

why you have to repeat "moan" in so many of your posts? 

instead of replying to questions, you simply deflate and call them moaners, difficult people. Often with ageism undertones. Or anti-americanism - that trait often seen in thai foreign policy workers, it's in their nationalistic blood to classify people according to country they were born

Edited by internationalism

20 minutes ago, internationalism said:

"Its a government program so it will be Sinovac and AZ"

clearly, it's an insider information, because you pal from ministry of foreign affairs does't mention it in any of his multiple and detailed posts.

Yes, there is 150 000 pfizer, which suppose to go also for foreigners. Who has stolen it? As an isnider, can you shed some light on it? Surely, the foreign ministry should know more, than generals are feeding in the press statements.

"moan away lads. Tell us all why you won’t take Sinovac and whatever other grumble you have"

Why you have to tease people into negative comments? If you had any respect for the foreign community in thailand you would simply inform about this new opportunity to get registered.

why you have to repeat "moan" in so many of your posts? 

instead of replying to questions, you simply deflate and call them moaners, difficult people. Often with ageism undertones. Or anti-americanism - that trait often seen in thai foreign policy workers, it's in their nationalistic blood to classify people according to country they were born

I hope you have been drinking for a few hours before posting that?

Recommend re-reading that tomorrow and ask why exactly an agent of the ministry affairs (or the Communist Party of China) would be messing about on the ThaiVisa forum at half 1 in the morning?

PS, this forum does not represent the foreign community in Thailand any more than any other group of people.