New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

16 minutes ago, PMEL said:

I registered on August 2nd.  Received a "Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful"  email notification immediately after.  My question is has anyone actually received a follow up registration notice to get that first jab? If not does anyone know when that process will start?

Starting after the 10/11th August. However, those who live in Greater Bangkok may receive appointments earlier for Bang Sue Station.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Starting around the 10/11th August. However, those who live in Greater Bangkok may receive appointments earlier for Bang Sue Station.

Thanks Chris. I live in Sisaket.  I would be happy to just wait longer; however, they have just made it mandatory to be vaccinated to play golf on the military courses in Ubon.  

• Like 1

I am really confused why we signed up on Sunday on the expatvac.consular.go.th site, when now the thailandintervac.com site is being updated with links to hospitals to sign up with them. Afaik they are both MFA managed sites.

Clicking on a couple of the links on the thailandintervac,

Bumrungrad gives prompt to select your preference of vaccine, Pfizer, AZ or any.

Samitivej Sukhumvit says they have Pfizer, AZ and Sinovac but you do not get to choose.

MedPark doesn't say, but some ppl who have signed up say they got to choose. 

Then there's this tweet from US Embassy from yesterday.

Charge d’Affaires Heath and other diplomatic heads held productive talks today with Director-General for Consular Affairs, Chatchai Viriyavejakul, of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to encourage greater access to Covid-19 vaccines by foreign nationals.

Something doesn't feel right to me, or as we were led to believe.

30 minutes ago, nottin said:

I am really confused why we signed up on Sunday on the expatvac.consular.go.th site, when now the thailandintervac.com site is being updated with links to hospitals to sign up with them. Afaik they are both MFA managed sites.

Clicking on a couple of the links on the thailandintervac,

Bumrungrad gives prompt to select your preference of vaccine, Pfizer, AZ or any.

Samitivej Sukhumvit says they have Pfizer, AZ and Sinovac but you do not get to choose.

MedPark doesn't say, but some ppl who have signed up say they got to choose. 

Then there's this tweet from US Embassy from yesterday.

Charge d’Affaires Heath and other diplomatic heads held productive talks today with Director-General for Consular Affairs, Chatchai Viriyavejakul, of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to encourage greater access to Covid-19 vaccines by foreign nationals.

Something doesn't feel right to me, or as we were led to believe.

No they are not! thailandintervac is run by the MOPH.

If you live in the provinces or are under 60, then go for expatvac. If you live in Greater Bangkok or a couple of other places and are over 60, then go for thailandintervac or expatvac.

Edited by Chris.B

18 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

MFA’s Presser today. I explained about the vaccines for foreign residents again in English in the latter part. Hope it makes sense. #vaccinatethailand

Go to https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1153177365194550

English language at 28 minutes approximately.

Thanks Chris,

interesting to note that the appointment date and location will be conveyed to the registered expats via SMS and not email ( if that makes any difference to anyone ).

16 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

MFA’s Presser today. I explained about the vaccines for foreign residents again in English in the latter part. Hope it makes sense. #vaccinatethailand

Khun Tanee says (at 31 mins 20 secs) registrants will be notified by SMS by the MOPH or the Vaccine Centre with details of your appointment! This SMS must be replied to within 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks Chris,

interesting to note that the appointment date and location will be conveyed to the registered expats via SMS and not email ( if that makes any difference to anyone ).

Yes, that is a big change! I hope everyone double checks the phone number they submitted.

13 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I don’t know how that could be made any more straightforward and clear!!

????

Edited by Kanada
  • Like 1

Replying to
Thanks for the update in English. Can you confirm that ALL expatvac registrations nation wide will receive Pfizer for both doses or is that limited to Bangkok and dark red provinces?

I cannot confirm the type of vaccines to be administered to which area. It’s up to MOPH. But I know that Pfizer will be distributed widely and we also have other vaccines such as AstraZeneca and others.

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:
I cannot confirm the type of vaccines to be administered to which area. It’s up to MOPH. But I know that Pfizer will be distributed widely and we also have other vaccines such as AstraZeneca and others.

That sounds ominous! ☹️ I hope they are not going to try and palm Sinovac off on us. ????

Not after Britain and America donated AstraZeneca and Pfizer.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 8:52 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks Chris,

This was copied from their response AFTER I registered.  

Registration SUCCESS

Please constantly check your email. Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PMEL said:

This was copied from their response AFTER I registered.  

Registration SUCCESS

Please constantly check your email. Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Yes, and of course I got the same.

But if you watched the video to which I was replying then you would see that he clearly states the appointment slot would be sent by SMS contradicting the email message.

He also then followed that with a Tweet:

SMS or email I understand that responding agencies in each area may be different. Please look at both channels.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, and of course I got the same.

But if you watched the video to which I was replying then you would see that he clearly states the appointment slot would be sent by SMS contradicting the email message.

He also then followed that with a Tweet:

SMS or email I understand that responding agencies in each area may be different. Please look at both channels.”

Obviously someone told him about the "email" message that was sent out to everyone post video. There is an assumption being made that every expat in Thailand knows what SMS/Twitter means; especially, those over 70.  If we weren't in Thailand I'd be asking why would you change methods of communication? Then if you were going to change why wouldn't you communicate that to everyone who you sent that "Registration Success" email to (via email)?  It's a pretty big assumption that everyone who registered watches videos of Thai political speeches.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

OMG (as my grand daughter would say) do you people “ever stop” trying to one up each other and show how intelligent you are??!

Trust me it’s not working!

No wonder these people don’t want to deal with you!!

***You got your email saying you are registered …now sit back and wait!

who cares whether they message us or email us with appt. date!?!

Im 71 years old and as more than able to read a text if they choose that method of communication!

If I don’t want their appointment or vaccine when I get the message I’ll turn it down or heaven forbid I’ll just say nothing and it will be cancelled as they have said!

Move on already…go for a walk or plant a flower (and you don’t have to tell us all about that either)!!

FYI, young'un I care; because, I do want that appointment date.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanada said:

You’re no different than anyone else…we all want our appointment date

I think you missed the point of the original message.  I don't want to miss a notification; because, someone decided to change horses midstream.  Having said that, I'd appreciate if you would reply to this post if/when you get notified (and method of notification).  I'll do the same. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, Chris.B said:

Twitter 2 hours ago

Thank you so much for your updates,i had register via expatvac for vaccination on Aug 1 please let me know when can i receive email for vaccination date.thank you

I cannot give you an exact date MOPH or a vaccine center will email you. I Some foreign residents will be called by Bang Sue later this week. The Pfizer vaccines will NOT be available before August 10 or 11. MOPH is undergoing testing and regular preparation process.

That's a bit of a strange answer re the Pfizer vaccines donated by the U.S., considering that the government as of today had already given thousands of doses of Pfizer already, presumably mostly to medical personnel as booster shots, including 2,000+ just yesterday in Bangkok.

They don't seem to be waiting/testing for them, having started publicly reporting giving Pfizer vaccinations at least as of Aug. 5.  Heck, even the Thai Army guy (now said to be a medic) out in the boonies was in the news today for having received his Pfizer vaccine.

"Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) has announced that more than 57,000 medical professionals, who had previously received two jabs of the Sinovac vaccine, were given a dose of Pfizer vaccine to boost their immunity between August 4th and 7th."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158190886042050

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK