New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

On 8/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, jacko45k said:

Opening soon..... any good odds it is not open by 11.15?

I've already registered using the site. Warning, maybe I'm stupid but I had difficulty filling in date of birth, it's done by calendar, click on to the date given, August 2021, and click the years back to year of birth then chose month and then day in the calendar, I made a right mess of it 3 times before I figured it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Now one little question, Seeing the government ordered these millions of Pfizer vaccines can I register for them and get my jabs at my public hospital as there are no private hospitals in my area? Or is this site just for Chinese vaccines?

I could not find details of the specific vaccine being offered, someone told me it was AZ... hearsay. I have no idea what the closest hospital to to your location might be.... also if public or private.... I have no idea which hospital would be used even for my location. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I've had my first - got through on the original intervac site - so I can't use this.  What I would like is to be able to see the appointment for my second online somewhere, then I would be happier that it's actually going to happen.

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

I had the same problem with two files, so solution is to select both files (hold down ctrl key) and drag and drop both at same time.

Yes, I saw that posted by another, but too late now. (Files were not in the same folder).

Edited by jacko45k

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In view of what you write, trying later may be too late ????

I still expect vaccinations for foreigners here to get listed on Ebay and I am prepared to bid high! ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

At 9PM Aug 1, 16,935 registered w/ expatvac, 13,884 are under 60 yrs old, and only 3,051 are 60 and over. Of those registered, 64 are pregnant and 946 are in 7-health conditions grps. Many more are being processed and pending required docs. TQ on behalf of MFA Expatvac Team.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fair number of duplicate or even triplicate applications in that lot!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I've already registered using the site. Warning, maybe I'm stupid but I had difficulty filling in date of birth, it's done by calendar, click on to the date given, August 2021, and click the years back to year of birth then chose month and then day in the calendar, I made a right mess of it 3 times before I figured it out.

Yes I had a similar experience and messed about for a while....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fair number of duplicate or even triplicate applications in that lot!

Correct, I now have 3 more emails with the link to the registration form, all of which which I will ignore so they should expire.

I think not a good Idea to register more than once.

Now if they are correct it puts me in the top 5% priority group. Over 60 and underlying conditions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I still expect vaccinations for foreigners here to get listed on Ebay and I am prepared to bid high! ????

This is the third time I've registered in different places, including my local hospital. And then nothing. I'm over 60. My wife, who registered at the same time and is not over 60, was contacted and offered Sinovac, which she refused. Under the rules, and IF foreigners are being treated equally, I should have been contacted first. Maybe they just didn't want to inflict the Chinese junk on me, which is possible.

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Have to admit to doing 2.

Had problems with the two photos and sent it off with only one.

Figured it out and did another registration with both photos.

( both on iPhone).

But of course will only accept one confirmation email and the other will be cancelled if not replied to in 24 hrs.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Yes I had a similar experience and messed about for a while....

Me too. If it was simple, if it was done the same way that every other registration in the known universe is done, it wouldn't be Thailand, would it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I highly recommend doing this, for any ex-pat over 60, who has not had a jab yet

correct    !   .........   the MedPark hospital vaccines is for expats over 60 .....  as it is stated.   thanks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

but I sent off two with the wrong date, one with year 1924 and another with year 2021 before I got it right.

i think you'll  get VIP treatment  when you arrive because your 97 yrs  old 

but the other .... well maybe you get a dummy on arrival ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, steven100 said:

i think you'll  get VIP treatment  when you arrive because your 97 yrs  old 

but the other .... well maybe you get a dummy on arrival ....

either that or I get the cops at my door for taking the urine.

• Haha 2

Successfully registered …. But do not want either of the two Chinese vaccines ….

==============

“Your registration for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination is successful.
Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area.

Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c”

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Correct, I now have 3 more emails with the link to the registration form, all of which which I will ignore so they should expire.

I think not a good Idea to register more than once.

Now if they are correct it puts me in the top 5% priority group. Over 60 and underlying conditions.

With regard to the MedPark site (not for me as it's in Bangkok), where is their Pfizer stock coming from?

As far as I recall the only Pfizer in the country is the USA donation being distributed on the new expatvac site, unless they have been able to grab some.

Could be another if it's too good to be true it probably is? I hope not.

Or perhaps as they seem very professional they have been asked to supplement this effort.. Their eligibility criteria matched the expatvac if you read past the confusing information.

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

With regard to the MedPark site (not for me as it's in Bangkok), where is their Pfizer stock coming from?

As far as I recall the only Pfizer in the country is the USA donation being distributed on the new expatvac site, unless they have been able to grab some.

Could be another if it's too good to be true it probably is? I hope not.

Or perhaps as they seem very professional they have been asked to supplement this effort.. Their eligibility criteria matched the expatvac if you read past the confusing information.

The Pfizer that is currently being distributed is all coming from an allotment of 500,000 doses donated by the US.  This includes the vaccines being offered by MedPark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1