Thai Airway direct Phuket to London flight

Agusts

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Not quite. It took me 3.5 days to change my wife's KLM flight - which can be problematic when you have to book Covid tests etc.. They don't answer the phone at the moment, it rings 4 times, says they are busy, the wait time is more than 30 minutes, please call back later - then they disconnect you. They also say they can be contacted via social media which - that's no better.

Despite what they say about flexibility and making changes online - I got an error message saying the problem was at their end everytime I tried to change it.  When I eventually got though to them via whatsapp, they said 'not all types of change could be done online'. My wife's change was a simple date change - I don't see anything complicated about that.

Four days ago we changed 4 tickets on the phone without any hassle.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:10 AM, bojo said:

Not possible in UK............................... Tried that over the last 15 months. It now states online that the lines are suspended and you have to email....Replies forthcoming after several weeks or hours, mostly the former...................................................

I had my THAI Airways flight cancelled by email 5 times from April to October 2020. I then called them to postpone that flight to April 2021 and to rebook another for which I'm still holding confirmed tickets. Each time I called them they answered immediately. I was on hold typically for 5 minutes and only once back in April 2020 was it about 30 minutes. This was to their main Bangkok reservations number which costs just a few pennies per minute if called from the UK using Skype. Oh and I cancelled a flight too for which I raised a chargeback with credit card and received a refund to my account within 2 hours.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 11:53 PM, MrJ2U said:

Skyscanner is a handy app for flight information.

That maybe the case however as flights can be dropped or added hourly, the most reliable way is to deal direct with the airline. Then you'll get an email much sooner than via a 3rd party agent. Also, by going direct to the airline (and using a credit card) you'll be better protected in case of any problems. Agents will usually try to blame the airline and vice versa and make it very difficult to get refunded or changed (let alone seat assignment, special meals, mileage credits, upgrades and other items that a carrier may offer).

• Like 1

I flew Phuket/US/Phuket on Qatar. I changed the flight date and the destination (HKT for the sandbox instead of BKK) a total of 6 times. No charge for any change. I have also received 2 full refunds for flights on Qatar in the past 4 months and both times my credit card was credited in under 6 days.

I would avoid Thai for two reasons: 1) they only fly weekly so there are more issues if there is a cancellation, 2) they are still in bankruptcy meaning my money is less safe with them. 

• Thanks 1