Wise transfers very slow

Transferred money this morning but it still has not arrived in my Thai bank account. "Wise" are saying it's a problem this end with the Thai banking system. (My bank SCB BTW)  Any other transaction I have made today with SCB has gone thru immediately. Has anyone else has a problem with slow "Wise" transfers recently? Certainly still this best to use for rates and charges but the speed of everything seems to have nosedived since they changed their name. Anyone else had similar slow transfers recently?

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

I have only used Wise a few times.My transactions have always been a day and sometimes more if weekend or bank holiday.I didn’t know some people have been getting theirs a lot quicker 

If you transfer before 8am on a week day, it usually arrives that afternoon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Wise is not the fastest, nor the cheapest. For me in Euro Azimo is better and I just checked in UK Pound, same.

https://www.monito.com/envoi-argent/royaume-uni/thailande/gbp/thb/10000

i don't think Azimo is very popular in Thailand ...... never seen one shop or sign.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

Azimo is only cheaper when you are a new customer and benefit from zero fees on the first 2 transfers and their special introductory rate.

Wise used to have an offer like that too: First transfer zero fees.

Also many companies transfer in such a way that bank costs are incurred upon arrival. Wise transfers don't usually incur bank fees on the receiving end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hmunker said:

My transactions have always been a day and sometimes more if weekend or bank holiday.I didn’t know some people have been getting theirs a lot quicker 

Reason for transfer and recipient bank both affect overall transfer time.  General living expenses and Bangkok Bank will result in almost intantaneous transfers when funded from a UK bank using the Faster Payment service.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

i don't think Azimo is very popular in Thailand ...... never seen one shop or sign.

How many have you seen for (Transfer)Wise?

• Like 2

I just did my first WISE transfer, U.S. --> Bangkok Bank, ACH push. Used Funds for long-term stay reason.

Used the web, WISE gave me an exact day (+~30-ish hours), and weirdly, time (14:09).

I monitored this transfer using the app - brilliant BTW.

Again, weirdly, I received an SMS from BBPCL at 14:09 notifying me of the transfer.

For the OP, I assume they gave you a date, maybe time too, when you initiated the transfer?

If so, have they exceeded that time commitment?

Edited by mtls2005

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I just did my first WISE transfer, U.S. --> Bangkok Bank, ACH push. Used Funds for long-term stay reason.

Used the web, WISE gave me an exact day (+~30-ish hours), and weirdly, time (14:09).

I monitored this transfer using the app - brilliant BTW.

Again, weirdly, I received an SMS from BBPCL at 14:09 notifying me of the transfer.

For the OP, I assume they gave you a date, maybe time too, when you initiated the transfer?

If so, have they exceeded that time commitment?

30 hours later the money still hasn't reached my account. previously transfers were almost instant! they have changed something since becoming "wise" but they won't admit to it.

Edited by eyup
spelling
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, eyup said:

30 hours later the money still hasn't reached my account. previously transfers were almost instant! they have changed something since becoming "wise" but they won't admit to it.

Are you saying that you still haven't received the standard email from Wise informing you that your transfer is on its merry way to Thailand? If you have received this email, though, you should actually be pointing the finger of blame in this instance at whichever partner bank Wise used at the Thai end for your transfer (Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn or TMB) and/or SCB.

Myself I initiated my latest monthly Wise transfer from the UK on Sunday afternoon, which duly ended up in my Bangkok Bank account at 14:01 yesterday (Monday). Par for the course.

Edited by OJAS

Just now, OJAS said:

Are you saying that you still haven't received the standard email from Wise informing you that your transfer is on its merry way to Thailand? If you have received it, though, you should actually be pointing the finger of blame in this instance at whichever partner bank Wise used at the Thai end for your transfer (Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn or TMB) and/or SCB.

Myself I initiated my latest monthly Wise transfer from the UK on Sunday afternoon, which duly ended up in my Bangkok Bank account at 14:01 yesterday (Monday). Par for the course.

The problem is they, received my money at 0947 thai time yesterday but did not initiate the transfer from their end until 0844 today!  I have been using "wise" since 2013 and transfers are getting progressively slower without adequate explanation from them.

9 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Are you saying that you still haven't received the standard email from Wise informing you that your transfer is on its merry way to Thailand? If you have received this email, though, you should actually be pointing the finger of blame in this instance at whichever partner bank Wise used at the Thai end for your transfer (Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn or TMB) and/or SCB.

Exactly same for me. No complaints.

7 minutes ago, eyup said:

The problem is they, received my money at 0947 thai time yesterday but did not initiate the transfer from their end until 0844 today!  I have been using "wise" since 2013 and transfers are getting progressively slower without adequate explanation from them.

Why not change your schedule so that you are not relying on an 'instant' transfer, give yourself a few days leeway so that it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eyup said:

So how long before 09:47 ICT yesterday did you initiate the transfer? In my experience Wise normally operate within a daily timeframe between 08:34 ICT and 08:54 ICT for issuing their emails confirming that transfers have been sent. Unless Wise receive your money before this timeframe starts, therefore, you will have missed their bus for sending transfers to Thailand that particular day, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So how long before 09:47 ICT yesterday did you initiate the transfer? In my experience Wise normally operate within a daily timeframe between 08:34 ICT and 08:54 ICT for issuing their emails confirming that transfers have been sent. Unless Wise receive your money before this timeframe starts, therefore, you will have missed their bus for sending transfers to Thailand that particular day, I'm afraid.

• Yesterday at 9:45 am

You set up your transfer

• Yesterday at 9:47 am

We received your GBP

• Today at 8:44 am

We paid out your THB

All Thai times!  BTW  I did not need the money instantly/urgently.  But ,my point is previously they used to be almost instantaneous. Now they aren't!  So something has changed IMVHO.

I got this email shortly after sending "wise" the funds 

We’ve just received your money. Now we can start your transfer of 2,000 GBP to THB.

We’ll pay out your money shortly. And it should be there today, August 2.

We’ll send you another email when your money’s on its way. You can always track your transfer from your account.

Edited by eyup
addition

13 minutes ago, eyup said:
  • Yesterday at 9:45 am

You set up your transfer

• Yesterday at 9:47 am

We received your GBP

• Today at 8:44 am

We paid out your THB

All Thai times!  BTW  I did not need the money instantly/urgently.  But ,my point is previously they used to be almost instantaneous. Now they aren't!  So something has changed IMVHO.

I got this email shortly after sending "wise" the funds 

We’ve just received your money. Now we can start your transfer of 2,000 GBP to THB.

We’ll pay out your money shortly. And it should be there today, August 2.

We’ll send you another email when your money’s on its way. You can always track your transfer from your account.

What "Purpose" did you use for the transfer only if you use "Funds for Long Term Stay in Thailand" then this is done as a Foreign Transfer whereas if you use something like "General Living Expenses" this will often be done as an Intra-Thai bank transfer. 

I transferred money from the UK using "Funds for Long Term Stay in Thailand" at around 1:15pm ICT & expect it will hit my account at 14:03pm ICT tomorrow (Bangkok Bank seem to always apply overseas transfers at 2PM & it always seems to hit my account at 14:03PM). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

What "Purpose" did you use for the transfer only if you use "Funds for Long Term Stay in Thailand" then this is done as a Foreign Transfer whereas if you use something like "General Living Expenses" this will often be done as an Intra-Thai bank transfer. 

I transferred money from the UK using "Funds for Long Term Stay in Thailand" at around 1:15pm ICT & expect it will hit my account at 14:03pm ICT tomorrow (Bangkok Bank seem to always apply overseas transfers at 2PM & it always seems to hit my account at 14:03PM). 

Used :funds for long term stay" as always! Like I keep saying previously the transfers  were almost instant. Not the following day! I obviously know not to do weekend transfers.