Wise transfers very slow

I was reading this thread last night and noticed the reported variations of transfer times. I have in the past had transfers from Australia happen nearly instantly and others that took over 24 hours. I initiated a transfer last night at 2130 local time, 0030 Australian eastern time and my iPad immediately pinged with Wise response saying money received , will be paid out in next minute, shortly after this message another saying taking a bit longer to process, no worry from me. Before going to bed I checked and found funds in SCB and looking at emails they informed me at 2210 funds sent. Looking at my overall transfers with Wise I have had no problems and will continue to use them.

• Like 2

@eyup

When I transferred during weekdays, it usually only took one day to receive it. I've never encountered longer than one day.

When I transferred during weekend, it took 2 or 3 days which is considered long but still acceptable.

You can't expect same day transfer as they need to do a lot of checking and cross border communication

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Using Wise usually transferred same day but around 5 months ago they told me it would be 3 days. My guess there was a bank holiday somewhere. I have seen some transfer companies that are cheaper but when looking up ratings and reading some customer complains, I use Wise!

• Like 1

I ordered yesterday late afternoon (Thai time) and it arrived in my bank 14:01Hrs today. 

I'm from the UK and it always seems to arrive next day, unless I order on a Friday, when it arrives on the following Monday.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 10:02 PM, JAS21 said:

I ordered yesterday late afternoon (Thai time) and it arrived in my bank 14:01Hrs today. 

I'm from the UK and it always seems to arrive next day, unless I order on a Friday, when it arrives on the following Monday.

if you order before 9.30 UK time it will arrive the same day 2pm

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chivas said:

Not trolling at all but I've always thought it utter lunacy that people are so desperate for money to arrive that a few hours makes any difference.

As Brits we're 6000 miles from home if people are that short frankly then they should be back at home in the first place

OP here .  I  wasn't desperate for the money nor am I "short"   FYFI.  I am worth about a million quid and have over a million baht in my Thai bank. I "trickle feed" my Thai bank account to hedge against possible currency fluctuations. In this modern electronic age being 6000 miles away should not make any difference IMVHO .If you read my posts on this thread, you will notice that previously , transfers have been almost instant!! I am commenting that they have slowed down considerably recently. To the point ,that you wonder if your money will actually arrive! Which is an understandable concern surely.  "Wise" rcvd my transfer/money  at 0947/02 Aug but did not initiate the transfer until 0844/ 03 August I rcvd the money eventually at 1430/03 Aug . 

• Like 2

Most of you are commenting about your experiences with other banks.  The OP was talking specifically about SCB.

If you want to send the money in seconds, change bank to Kbank.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:02 PM, JAS21 said:

The only time it hurts me is usually during Songkran when the banks are closed for 5 or 6 days.

18 hours ago, anchadian said:

Most of you are commenting about your experiences with other banks.  The OP was talking specifically about SCB.

If you want to send the money in seconds, change bank to Kbank.  

The problem with transferring to KBank with Wise is that it does not show up on your bankbook or bank statement as an FTT, as it does with Kbank.

Sure, you can get the proof from KBank but then you need to copy their proof, and in my case I need 2 copies each time, one for KPP Immi and another copy for region 5 Immi in Chiang Mai.

Luckily I have a pick up truck to cart all the paperwork around in.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ikke1959 said:

Never a problem... I transfer from the Netherlands to Bangkok Bank almost immediately on my account here...less than 3  minutes.. But not on Friday afternoon than it will be Monday

With which reason for the transfer please?

On 8/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, billd766 said:

The only time it hurts me is usually during Songkran when the banks are closed for 5 or 6 days.

One suggests for the relief of hurt a dose of forethought and planning to make a transfer before or after the event.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Transfer just now £2000gpb to Scb ..."should arrive in seconds"   make the transfer £2500  "should arrive on the 11th"

OP here . Indeed Keith, and that was what. happened to me  which is why I started the thread. Ref userabc can I suggest you read all the previous comments before making your IMHO  smug/pompous post?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, eyup said:

OP here . Indeed Keith, and that was what. happened to me  which is why I started the thread. Ref userabc can I suggest you read all the previous comments before making your IMHO  smug/pompous post?

No pompousness or smugness implied, sorry if any feelings were injured.

It was just a comment made in jest.

4 minutes ago, userabcd said:

No pompousness or smugness implied, sorry if any feelings were injured.

It was just a comment made in jest.

If I want jokes I will follow the bad joke topic. Have a look at my post from Thursday? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Humour is often not acceptably on here, or often not even understood, sarcasm in humour, in my view the highest form of wit, is even less understood. 

Humour, AND bad spelling!    LOL

• Confused 1

On 8/2/2021 at 7:32 PM, Victornoir said:

Wise is not the fastest, nor the cheapest. For me in Euro Azimo is better and I just checked in UK Pound, same.

https://www.monito.com/envoi-argent/royaume-uni/thailande/gbp/thb/10000

Is Pay pal still in business ? If so I do not understand why after viewing your link . 

Take a closer look at Monito . Thank you

On 8/5/2021 at 12:05 PM, eyup said:

OP here .  I  wasn't desperate for the money nor am I "short"   FYFI.  I am worth about a million quid and have over a million baht in my Thai bank. I "trickle feed" my Thai bank account to hedge against possible currency fluctuations. In this modern electronic age being 6000 miles away should not make any difference IMVHO .If you read my posts on this thread, you will notice that previously , transfers have been almost instant!! I am commenting that they have slowed down considerably recently. To the point ,that you wonder if your money will actually arrive! Which is an understandable concern surely.  "Wise" rcvd my transfer/money  at 0947/02 Aug but did not initiate the transfer until 0844/ 03 August I rcvd the money eventually at 1430/03 Aug . 

No they havent slowed considerably lol

See my last post and notwithstanding that only once since Transferwise actually started did a transfer take 4 hours longer than was anticipated. Just once

All the rest in seconds and all 7 this year

4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

"Wise" rcvd my transfer/money  at 0947/02 Aug but did not initiate the transfer until 0844/ 03 August I rcvd the money eventually at 1430/03 Aug . 

So that's not considerably slower than you experienced?  The above is the actual factual timeline of the the recent transfer. Previously, I bought and paid for a car in a few hours transfer amount was 380,000 baht!

Edited by eyup
addition