Wise transfers very slow

2 minutes ago, eyup said:

So that's not considerably slower than you experienced?  The above is the actual factual timeline of the the recent transfer. Previously, I bought and paid for a car in a few hours transfer amount was 380,000 baht!

No idea what you've done there but what you've quoted wasn't me

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

No idea what you've done there but what you've quoted wasn't me

No it was my reply to your post about your money arriving in seconds, quoting from an earlier post of mine. You will see from the actual, factual  timeline I have quoted, that my money took considerably longer. Which was the whole original point of the subject.

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Mostly I use costs of living or support family

It is if you put 'for long term stay in Thailand' and then shows as an FTT that it takes longer. But of course, the money is used for costs of living and family support (and beer! )

As said before, a bit of forward planning negates this problem if it is one for you. 

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Humour, AND bad spelling!    LOL

Not in England my friend.  

From Google:

When to Use Humour

Humour is an alternative spelling of the same word. It is the predominant spelling in British English; American writers are more likely to use humor.
Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, stigar said:

I get my wise visacard and just tranfer from my foreign account to my wise account..takes 2 sec and use wise visacard to take out money anytime.

I thought the Wise debit card was a MasterCard (mine is) & though the 1st 2 transactions are free (up to £200/Euro per month), after that it costs 0.50p/Euro + 1.75% in fees so it can get expensive using it as your main debit card. 

Still very handy to have for emergencies though.  

Edit: Found the Wise Debit Card ATM Fees... 

• If your card was issued in Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore**: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as the total amount is under 350 AUD/NZD/SGD. But after that, we’ll charge you 1.50 AUD/NZD/SGD per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 350 AUD/NZD/SGD in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.

• If your card was issued in Japan**: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as the total amount is under 30,000 JPY. But after that, we’ll charge you 70 JPY per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 30,000 JPY in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.

• If your card was issued in the US: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as the total amount is under 100 USD. But after that, we’ll charge you 1.50 USD per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 100 USD in one month, we’ll charge you 2% on top of that.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, stigar said:

I get my wise visacard and just tranfer from my foreign account to my wise account..takes 2 sec and use wise visacard to take out money anytime.

That's great if you do not need the money for Immigration purposes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought the Wise debit card was a MasterCard (mine is) & though the 1st 2 transactions are free (up to £200/Euro per month), after that it costs 0.50p/Euro + 1.75% in fees so it can get expensive using it as your main debit card. 

Still very handy to have for emergencies though.  

Edit: Found the Wise Debit Card ATM Fees... 

• If your card was issued in Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore**: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as the total amount is under 350 AUD/NZD/SGD. But after that, we’ll charge you 1.50 AUD/NZD/SGD per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 350 AUD/NZD/SGD in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.

• If your card was issued in Japan**: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as the total amount is under 30,000 JPY. But after that, we’ll charge you 70 JPY per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 30,000 JPY in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.

• If your card was issued in the US: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as the total amount is under 100 USD. But after that, we’ll charge you 1.50 USD per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 100 USD in one month, we’ll charge you 2% on top of that.

Ur rigth.I use it for emergency.Anyway its easy to do like this if need fast money.My card was issued in norway.I try it allready and it works perfect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stigar said:

Im over 50 so i just need to prove my income.

Please explain. I was referring to the necessity to show that your monthly income comes from outside Thailand in order to extend your permission to stay.

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please explain. I was referring to the necessity to show that your monthly income comes from outside Thailand in order to extend your permission to stay.

Yes..thats true.I prove this everytime.I just transfer the minumum ammount to my thai bank every month.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, userabcd said:

One suggests for the relief of hurt a dose of forethought and planning to make a transfer before or after the event.

Unfortunately my pension providers are all in the UK and they work to UK public holidays.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, itsari said:

Is Pay pal still in business ? If so I do not understand why after viewing your link . 

Take a closer look at Monito . Thank you

What is the best rate to transfer money out of Thailand?