Looking Back, Now..….What Was Your Favorite and Happiest Year in Thailand?

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The Star Six gogo show often ended with a naked girl in a shower booth on the stage. Apart from that show, I didn't go to the gogos much, wasn't really my scene. I much preferred the bars and a slim young lady squeezed against me trying to convince me to take her home with me.

Erm. The point of gogos was the slim young ladies squeezing against us trying to convince us to take her home with us, except they were generally less covered by clothing than in a bar.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Britman was discussing soapies far as I know. He claimed the gogo had a soapy show.

ping phayom was a hotel with a soapie massage in the back.   not many farangs knew where it was

star six was a gogo of sorts....   had a little show a few times in the evening as he described

sayuri was the soapie that most farangs knew about........ not bad a longgggg time ago, with slender ladies.       last time i went was probably 10 years ago .     i walked out after viewing the heavies available

edit:  "soapie"  common name for "op oap nuat"      massage parlor with "full service"

Edited by rumak

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The Star Six gogo show often ended with a naked girl in a shower booth on the stage. Apart from that show, I didn't go to the gogos much, wasn't really my scene. I much preferred the bars and a slim young lady squeezed against me trying to convince me to take her home with me.

Which was often 1/2 the fun at the bar!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The time before everybody had a mobile phone.

And then obviously the time before everybody used the internet.

I remember my holidays in Thailand. 3 weeks without any contact with "home". Wonderful!

Yep, staying in consisted of renting a pirated VHS tape.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Super Baby in Bkk had a shower show every night and wasn't confined to just one girl. Super Baby had the best looking girls in Pattaya, but sadly closed long ago.

Lollipop in Nana had a great goldfish bowl nearly up to the ceiling with naked chicks swimming around. (so my mate told me)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sungod said:

Lollipop in Nana had a great goldfish bowl nearly up to the ceiling with naked chicks swimming around. (so my mate told me)

I seem to remember that gogo, though I don't remember the name. I don't think it was that good a gogo though, as I don't remember going in there again.

The Hollywood Royale was the best in Nana ( long since changed owners and name. No where near as good in the version I went into the last time I visited Nana ) and the next best was Playskool next door, but that may have also been renamed.

The G Spot ( above Obsessions ) was also an excellent gogo and I'm pretty sure that has been renamed.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I seem to remember that gogo, though I don't remember the name. I don't think it was that good a gogo though, as I don't remember going in there again.

The Hollywood Royale was the best in Nana ( long since changed owners and name. No where near as good in the version I went into the last time I visited Nana ) and the next best was Playskool next door, but that may have also been renamed.

The G Spot ( above Obsessions ) was also an excellent gogo and I'm pretty sure that has been renamed.

Believe me, when it was good it was very good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sungod said:

Believe me, when it was good it was very good.

Indeed. Hollywood Royale was so much fun that I often spent the entire night in there ( it was one of 2 Nana gogos that stayed open till after dawn ) and was too tired to bother with a takeaway.

They got a lot of expat businessmen in there in the good old days before the financial crisis, as the shows were legendary. Purachai ended all that and it's never been as good since.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed. Hollywood Royale was so much fun that I often spent the entire night in there ( it was one of 2 Nana gogos that stayed open till after dawn ) and was too tired to bother with a takeaway.

They got a lot of expat businessmen in there in the good old days before the financial crisis, as the shows were legendary. Purachai ended all that and it's never been as good since.

I think Hollywood took over the 3rd floor guesthouse I used to stay in............

Edited by sungod

On 8/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I was on a Pattaya baht bus ( 10 baht fixed price ) and an Indian tourist was going to try and bargain it down!

Watching and listening to these guys and gals that think they can always get a better deal is one of the things I like most to do.  It is also the only reason I like Tourists.

As to my best year Dec 2010 - the rest of 2011.  Even with the flood

Just met a great gal

Found out that there was a surgery that could remove all my back pain

Had the surgery then found Koh Samed and all the great foods and places to go including the Tex mex restaurant that used to be at Patpong. 

2006 when I met my wife here, ever year just gets better, the life here is simple, stress less and effortless, the current government can get under ones skin every now and again if you allow them too.

It certainly is different to what it was back home, but a big factor of being happy here is living in a big house with no neighbors butted up along side you, behind you and across the road, although they are within 20 metres, as for radars, speed traps, red light cameras, wearing of seat belts, ridiculous fines and loss of points, yeh, nah, country life is the way to go.

If you see a police speed trap up the road you should flash your brights at  the COP to let him know you saw the trap. - Malicious Advice Mallard -  quickmeme

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 8/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Go and have a look when drinking restrictions are lifted , they are still working in bars 

That reminds me about the disco in the Nana hotel. I think the last time I was there was maybe 10 years ago. At the entrance of the disco they had pictures which seems to be at least 10 or 20 years old. And looking at the pictures and the old women in the disco at that time there were some matches. I didn't try again years later and I have no idea if that disco and those old women still exist (at least pre-Covid).

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me about the disco in the Nana hotel. I think the last time I was there was maybe 10 years ago. At the entrance of the disco they had pictures which seems to be at least 10 or 20 years old. And looking at the pictures and the old women in the disco at that time there were some matches. I didn't try again years later and I have no idea if that disco and those old women still exist (at least pre-Covid).

After about ten beers, the ladies in the pictures look just like the ladies working there 

Came to Thailand in 2010; started in Rayong.   One morning that year my Thai partner and I decided to drive to Pattaya, which we hadn't been to before since we arrived from the US.  I can't remember what roads we used but at one point I think we were by Lake Mabprachan, or perhaps another reservoir.  I do remember seeing a permanent metal street sign that said something like, 'Caution.  Accident Ahead'--which I thought was amusing.   

It was a beautiful day and we ended up having brunch at an open air restaurant on Dongtan Beach.  It was great people-watching while we ate and we both loved the laid back atmosphere, the mix of expats and locals,  and just the whole vibe.  We decided then and there that we needed to move to Pattaya. 

Every year has been good.  2017 perhaps stands out as my four sisters came to visit.  We're both trying to keep a positive attitude and are looking forward to being able to socialize more with friends and to travel internationally again.  This year we decided to challenged ourselves by taking on a whole house renovation, something we had never done before.  Starting our sixth month, it has, indeed, been a challenge--but mostly a fun one.  I think it's important to keep busy and engaged--especially as one gets older.

It's not about Thailand or the pandemic, it's about getting old(er) anywhere.

In my early years, I set out to discover Thai hotsprings--a world passion of mine. I visited 76 provinces & catalogued more than 200. All before the days of GPS, of course. My directions were, "Step over the fallen tree, 30 paces past the noodle stand. Watch out for snakes!"

• Like 1

Fell in love with Thailand in 98, moved here in 2000 and must admit my first 15 years were the best, but still not complaining. If you can just learn the Mai pen rai attitude you’ll be just fine. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

After about ten beers, the ladies in the pictures look just like the ladies working there 

But after 10 beers they normally look better. What I saw on the pictures were young ladies in a disco. What I saw inside the disco was very different - and not in a good way.