Defective Induction Hob Big C Returns

jaffas21

Hi guys i've got a defective induction hob,  i got it in april and the packaging states it has a three year warranty. I bought it from the Big C  the brand is smart home.

I was cooking and it gave a pop and it stopped working. (I have the reciept and box)

My question is about returns, the company is in BKK  and arent responsive to my query even though I tried to translate to Thai as well

Will Big C replace this item after 4 months such as Argos would in the UK .. or does this need to be dealt with by Smarthome and if so .. has anyone managed to deal with them successfully before. Obviously Big C is the better option.

thanks guys

17 minutes ago, tonray said:

Very unlikely they will exchange it after 3 months unless it was new in the box. These consumer units are really not worth fixing...sad to say you take your chances. 

If you used email...forget it...Thai companies almost never respond to email. You need to call and ask

https://www.smart-home.co.th/contact

I can just see how that will go. I never call or answer the phone in Thailand its generally always confusing,  thanks .. Theres little need for them to speak English with such a small english speaking customer base ... I guess its my fault for having such abysmal Thai

Edited by jaffas21