Disabled Englishman Loses Atm Withdrawal Cash......

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 26th 2007

10,000 Baht stolen from English Man at ATM Machine.

A story now that is related to the bar crackdown currently going on here in Pattaya.

On Friday Night the girlfriend of Mr. Nigel Willard aged 45 from England was arrested by Police at a Karaoke Bar in Soi Chayapoon in Central Pattaya.

The woman manages the bar which was found to have an expired license. Mr. Willard went to an ATM machine only 100 meters away from Pattaya Police Station on Pattaya Beach to withdraw 10,000 Baht to cover a bond which he was intending to pay to secure her release from Prison pending a court appearance.

Mr. Willard whose mobility is restricted was about to take the cash from the machine when, what he described as a Ladyboy, approached from behind and snatched the money from the machine and then fled on a motorbike in the direction of South Pattaya.

Descriptions of the suspected thief and the motorbike, a Black Yamaha Meo, were given to Police, who are now attempting to track down the transsexual.

Libya 115 says:

I live 100 yards from Soi Chayapoon and I know the TMB ATM there well. I can also report a suspicious character creeping up beside me during an ATM withdrawal. I pressed the cancel button and made a withdrawal inside Royal Garden Mall, ground floor TMB ATM later that day instead.

Edited by libya 115

Libya, the news article says the TMB ATM was on beach road? 100m South of the Police Station. I think maybe the one in front of that construction site. Doesn't matter, I was wondering how long it was going to take them to start bashing elderly people at the ATM and running off with the cash. They should have cameras at all of these ATM's. If people are lurking at these machines, waiting for appropriately defenseless farangs to steal from, the police volunteers should be discouraging this. Sad. :o

When I first glanced at this topic headline. I thought "Strewth, how unlucky can you get?"

I thought it read "Disabled Englishman Loses Arm Withdrawing Cash............"

Going on the report it would seem he's about to lose an ARM and a LEG. :o

Edited by tropo

I went to an ATM machine to withdraw some money on pattayaklang a few years back. I withdrew my money and put it in my bag. I got onto my motorcycle and proceeded to drive to behind big c, the pot shop. (this is about one mile away or maybe a little more) as i got off my bike, my bag was snatched like lightening, 3 young boys on an old bike speeded off into the night with my bag and 38.000 bt in cash.

I presume they must have followed me and been watching, i was not alone i was with two other people - be careful everyone.

I draw out the least i need from now on, and i try not to go to quiet ATM machines. i also bought a new bag which would be very hard for someone to snatch from me. they wont get me again.

I reported it to the police but never heard anything from them, i was just glad i could phone my bank to stop my Visa card, and also glad i was not carrying my passport.

Also with regards to wearing gold jewellery now in pattaya - i have a few baht of gold stashed away for a rainy day, never will i wear any of it again, it seems some of these young thai gangs may murder you for a 50 satangs necklace - jeez.