Where do you live?

Lucky Bones

3 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I live in a country that’s decided to make sure not a single person can enjoy themselves, exercise ir do anything productive, because a less than 1% portion of the population is affected by a virus.

Truley bizzarre answer, I too live in Thailand, NongPrue infact. and life since the Covids has arrived has been great and I enjoy every second of every day.

I'll be knocking off work early today (because I can) and going to spend the afternoon in my home workshop to hopefully finishing plumbing the airbag suspension I have bee installing in my fun ride.... of course that will be after a beer with my lunch that I will have poolside.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I live in Thailand.

The 4 questions many expats seem hesitant to answer:

What is your name?

Where are you from?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

those are typically the same questions women from online dating ask

I have been asked hundreds of time by now.. its usually the ones that didn't read the profile with half the answers

first questions they already had the answer for:

what is your name?

where you come from?

how long you live in Thailand?

then

wow, how can you do?

can you speak Thai?
what do you do in Thailand? I tell them I just live here

what do you do? (pushing for how you provide for yourself)

why you choose Thailand?

can you eat spicy?

you like somtam?

I usually ask them if they work for Immigration halfway through.. because they ask more questions than Immigration does

they usually get annoyed and stop talking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

I live in a country that’s decided to make sure not a single person can enjoy themselves, exercise ir do anything productive, because a less than 1% portion of the population is affected by a virus.

You are free to re-decide! We wont blame you.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I live in Thailand.

What is your name?

Where are you from?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

Crikey - just like computer dating 20 years ago where the first question would be ... ASL?

(Age/Sex/Location)  ????

7 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Yawn, yawn................................................ you're getting very boring now.

• Like 1

Going to the Darkside is certainly a different experience from life on Pattaya Beach Road.  Before the lockdown, my partner and I would sometimes be one of only a few diners in a restaurant--especially at Marina.   When we started spending more time on the Darkside, we were surprised that we would sometimes have to wait for a table at a restaurant that had become our favorite.   Things seem to still be fairly bustling on the Darkside compared to beachside. 

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I live in Thailand.

What is your name?

Where are you from?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

And yet, if you are in The Kingdom of Thailand you should recognize that asking were you are from (country of origin), what you did for a living, how old are you, where you live, perhaps even how much you earn is all part and parcel of placing you approximately on the social scale. TIT and this is part of the culture ... jai, yen, yen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

and, of that 1% affected, there is a 99.97% recovery rate...

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:16 AM, bkk6060 said:

I live in Thailand.

What is your name?

Where are you from?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

In Hong Kong expats on meeting each other ask the same things, plus "how much do you earn?" 

Edited by Freddy42OZ