Thai hospital tycoon who promised Pfizer vaccine says deal now unlikely

snoop1130

Not only Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has ran aground, it looks like the early promise of Moderna is hitting the brick wall. GPO is supposed to made an announcement regarding the purchase agreement with Moderna this week and seem very unlikely this will happen. So for those who have registered with THG like me will likely not get their shots. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2142847/vaccine-payments-must-come-first-says-gpo

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The vaccine is not available in abundance at the moment; there is a shortage of vaccine. If you want to vaccinate the entire population of a country so quickly and effectively as possible, it makes sense to have a superordinate body that coordinates the distribution according to priorities and to urgency from people. Here this superordinate body seems to have done poorly. Unfortunately.

You didn't get my point.

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

This fact was known to many of us with no connection whatsoever to the medical profession. How could you not have known this or do you think you are special and the rules don’t apply?

(Rhetorical question alert)

More nuanced than you think I reckon. Of course he knew it had to go through a Government Agency. He's just hinting that it was the Government Agency that performed differently to what he expected, or more likely the Government Agency changed its intentions or broke promises. Could've been something to do with the fact that he criticised government over the delays in the original purchase of Moderna Round 1 and revenge has been wrought.

10 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

More nuanced than you think I reckon. Of course he knew it had to go through a Government Agency. He's just hinting that it was the Government Agency that performed differently to what he expected, or more likely the Government Agency changed its intentions or broke promises. Could've been something to do with the fact that he criticised government over the delays in the original purchase of Moderna Round 1 and revenge has been wrought.

Possibly but at the time he made the announcement he was getting Pfizer jabs, I commented then he wouldn’t and did do for the reasons he himself has stated here. 

On 8/4/2021 at 7:49 PM, scorecard said:

Why am I thinking he's pulled out because going through a gov't agency to buy the vaccines cancels/massively reduces his 'commission'?

So forget it.

5 Aug 21  now suspected of / being investigated for stock manipulation. 

• Like 2