Baht could sink even further, analyst warns

webfact

On 8/5/2021 at 7:59 AM, RichardColeman said:

The value of your fixed assets only decrease if your intention is to sell them and move back to the UK, Otherwise it makes no difference to you whatsoever, in fact if your fixed assets are housing, you could probably increase your property value as the pound increases. 

My intention is just that . My circumstances have changed partially due to covid but also for other reasons. I want to cash out my  Bangkok properties and return the assets to the UK or USA. If the Pound rise and I sell and  transfer from Baht to Pounds that is  a decrease rather than an increase. Or am I missing something? My intention is to also change my visa status from an o based on retirement and use shorter visa for shorter stays of 2 to 3 months duration . That will also free up the 1.6m Baht my wife and I have in a bank for the visa . That will give us a bit of spending too!

On 8/8/2021 at 12:18 PM, Moo 2 said:

My wife (Thai) said she would vote for Prayut at the next elections if he raises the bar to 33 Baht for 1 Aussie $.  Is that blackmail or just desperation?

Got 46 yesterday with my UK pension, Amen. ????????

On 8/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, spidermike007 said:

The economy is in a shambles, tourism will not return for years, exports are way down, homelessness is exploding, the unemployment rate might be as high as 40%, and foreign investors are now scared of anything related to Thailand. 

The tourism sector is severely impacted, but I don't think the economy as a whole is that bad. I've never seen so much building activity in my area, but if Trading Economics data is correct, exports are doing fine.

image.png.e48c8cbe539ab1f74fc93a38a2944543.png

The GDP is not that great, but it's not a catastrophe either.

image.png.93c3120ce95fd5eab44551e0d1316daf.png

Edited by SymS
typo
  • Like 1