Phuket Market Closed on COVID Infections

snoop1130

Untitlปปฟฟed-2-1.jpg

PHUKET, Aug 5 (TNA) – The Phuket municipal office closed a local market for seven days due to COVID-19 infections among migrant workers.

The municipal office closed the Satharana 1 (Ban San) market on Ranong Road in Muang district from Aug 5 to 11 after migrant workers had tested positive for the virus.

During the market closure, health workers will be testing vendors for COVID-19 and disinfecting the market to contain the disease and boost confidence among vendors and buyers.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-752777

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I did not realize that local markets were so full of migrant workers. I assumed the people I have been buying my fruit from were Thais. Maybe this is the reason no one understands me when I try to speak Thai.

How good is your Thai?  ????

• Haha 2

On 8/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, biervoormij said:

I did not realize that local markets were so full of migrant workers. I assumed the people I have been buying my fruit from were Thais. Maybe this is the reason no one understands me when I try to speak Thai.

The guys carrying the heavy stuff and the girs cleaning are usually migrant workers. The usually fat chick with the fancy cell phone taking your money is Thai, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deli said:
On 8/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, biervoormij said:

The guys carrying the heavy stuff and the girs cleaning are usually migrant workers. The usually fat chick with the fancy cell phone taking your money is Thai, though.

Girls from Isaan working in Phuket are migrant workers...  Migrant doesn't necessarily mean foreign.  It just means from somewhere else.   Like farmers from up north, selling their produce at the Phuket markets, and camping pretty much out of their trucks.  I imagine there's a lot of Thai migrants following the tourist money to Phuket.

Edited by impulse