Slow vaccine roll-out forcing Swedes in Thailand to go home

snoop1130

On 8/7/2021 at 7:50 AM, Gottfrid said:

It´s a little bit hard to do. There is no city called Sisakate in Thailand. We do have a Sisaket, though, and if a person lives there one should know the name of ones home city.

Besides that, it is not as easy as @AgentSmithis posting. A person that lives in Bangkok will have no problem to get jabs. However, some cities out in the country not even got their vaccine stations set up yet.

Here's how, listen carefully

1- apply online

2- receive confirmation, time and place 

3- go get jabbed ( likely BKK )

or

4-Fly back to Sweden

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I think Denmark has a tax agreement with Thailand too. That means you could pay as little as 10% or probably 0 if you apply that. This is not something that happens automatically, and you'd have to fight with your tax authorities.

In Sweden you would pay 25% in tax on pension if living abroad, or try and fight to get the Thai taxation applied. This would mean sending all the pension to Thailand, and , of course tax authorities don't like it so one would have to fight them....

You would think that Swedish pensioners would know that, but if they prefer to pay full tax in Sweden for nothing, I would say, let them!

I have been an expat since 1983 and haven't paid any taxes since then.... now they make me pay <50SEK on my meager pension. But, 600SEK a year is not worth the battle with tax authorities.

The worst part is, like you say, that you lose the medical benefits, despite paying the full tax. That's what the tax money is supposed to go to. Great governments we have in Scandinavia. Stealing from those who have the least....

At this time I'm seriously considering getting an address in Sweden, lie to the Tax authorities, just to get the medical benefits, and being able to renew my Swedish driving license. Don't really care if they tax my pension to 30%.

No,I would not pay 25 % in tax.That is a tax called SINK,(special income tax).That is good for people with high income,but for people with low income,it is better to choose "ordinary" tax,in my case less than 10 %.As you say,not much to fight about....It also means,that I can have my pension put in my account in sweden,and choose if/when I want it send to Thailand,depending on the exchange rate.

37 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I think Denmark has a tax agreement with Thailand too. That means you could pay as little as 10% or probably 0 if you apply that. This is not something that happens automatically, and you'd have to fight with your tax authorities.

In Sweden you would pay 25% in tax on pension if living abroad, or try and fight to get the Thai taxation applied. This would mean sending all the pension to Thailand, and , of course tax authorities don't like it so one would have to fight them....

You would think that Swedish pensioners would know that, but if they prefer to pay full tax in Sweden for nothing, I would say, let them!

I have been an expat since 1983 and haven't paid any taxes since then.... now they make me pay <50SEK on my meager pension. But, 600SEK a year is not worth the battle with tax authorities.

The worst part is, like you say, that you lose the medical benefits, despite paying the full tax. That's what the tax money is supposed to go to. Great governments we have in Scandinavia. Stealing from those who have the least....

At this time I'm seriously considering getting an address in Sweden, lie to the Tax authorities, just to get the medical benefits, and being able to renew my Swedish driving license. Don't really care if they tax my pension to 30%.

Stay on point people, What does getting jabbed in Thailand have to do with taxes in the EU?

59 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I have to pay 37%, IF Thailand take let say 5% i still need to pay 32% to Denmark, That the way it work.
There is no way around, This i all ready being through with the Boss of Danish Tax office.
To find out what was real, And what was what people think was real.
As what i being told be others Danish people in Thailand, was all wrong about how Double tax agreement works.

It is not like many thinks it is, That if Thailand take some % in tax, I dont have to pay in Denmark.
Or that one can choose to pay Tax in one country only.
Sadly that not the way double tax agreement works.

The double tax agreement between Denmark and Thailand is so both countrys can take tax.
But again, The end of the day i can max pay 37%. (That might change over time if Tax go up / down in Denmark)

No need to discuss it, As i know i am 100% correct, As i when through it again this year.
To be sure nothing have change when a Danish friend was call into the Thai Tax office about Tax.

I dont mind it, That the Tax we pay and it help people at home.
So i am more then fine paying my Tax and helping out, It is not a problem at all.
I know it was the way before i move, So i have no problem with it.

Kindly.

Edited by JJ Madcow
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

I have to pay 37%, IF Thailand take let say 5% i still need to pay 32% to Denmark, That the way it work.
There is no way around, This i all ready being through with the Boss of Danish Tax office.
To find out what was real, And what was what people think was real.
As what i being told be others Danish people in Thailand, was all wrong about how Double tax agreement works.

It is not like many thinks it is, That if Thailand take some % in tax, I dont have to pay in Denmark.
Or that one can choose to pay Tax in one country only.
Sadly that not the way double tax agreement works.

The double tax agreement between Denmark and Thailand is so both countrys can take tax.
But again, The end of the day i can max pay 37%. (That might change over time if Tax go up / down in Denmark)

No need to discuss it, As i know i am 100% correct, As i when through it again this year.
To be sure nothing have change when a Danish friend was call into the Thai Tax office about Tax.

I dont mind it, That the Tax we pay and it help people at home.
So i am more then fine paying my Tax and helping out, It is not a problem at all.
I know it was the way before i move, So i have no problem with it.

Kindly.

Not true according to the Swedish and Thai double taxation document that I've read on here: https://www4.skatteverket.se/download/18.22f626eb14fb326a4b6de08/1441888254184/360-764+utgåva+1+Thailand.pdf

But then again, YMMV, depending on the country.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, AgentSmith said:

Can someone hold these people's hands and show them the way to all the vaccination programs active in Thailand now for falang over 60? Thailandintervac.com mentions 7 hospitals where they can register and then there's Bang Sue station. I'm below 60 and even I was able to enroll in an official program at Vimut and got my first Astra jab last week. It's really not that difficult.

What vaccination programs are these?

Maybe you can let us know.

58 minutes ago, Bosse137 said:

No,I would not pay 25 % in tax.That is a tax called SINK,(special income tax).That is good for people with high income,but for people with low income,it is better to choose "ordinary" tax,in my case less than 10 %.As you say,not much to fight about....It also means,that I can have my pension put in my account in sweden,and choose if/when I want it send to Thailand,depending on the exchange rate.

If you're only paying 10% it's OK, dunno what special agreement that comes with.... nothing on the skatteverket.se....

I thought the minimum was in the range of 30%+ as ordinary tax...

For me it doesn't matter, the government already stole 60% of my pension to give to those in "need".

Edited by SpaceKadet
Added context

5 minutes ago, fishtank said:

What vaccination programs are these?

Maybe you can let us know.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, you can come to have the vaccine injection on 13th August 2021 during 13.30 – 14.00 hrs.

You are unable to make any changes of your appointment. If you do not show-up on your appointment, it will be automatically cancelled.

Please present the email along with your original passport upon arrival.

However, if you don’t have the original passport available, please bring the copy one and the documents you’ve mentioned along.

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant.

As per your age, you will be one of the above criteria to get Pfizer, please inform the staff when you come and get the vaccine.

If you drive your own car, you can park your car at The ParQ (next to the hospital) for 3 hours with free of charge. You can then walk to the hospital by using the connection and you will see the Gate No. 4. Please contact Gate No. 4 for vaccination.

Here is the map of our hospital for your reference: https://goo.gl/maps/ut1EeDraKdSNVD4W6

Note: If you need the proof of vaccine, please inform the staff upon arrival and please ask for the appointment date/time of the 2nd dose before leaving the hospital.

Best regards,

Patient Access Officer

Phone: +66 2023 3333

Email:   [email protected]

There are newer sites with more locations and choice of vaccine. Govs got it going now, that's why they are so confident. Once the over 60 group is immune which make up 90% of deaths Covid is pretty much history. Lots of cases like the flu but 90% fewer deaths

I am reminded of the Black Adder series. Ok ,Ok ,Baldrick preferred turnips ! But he always had a cunning plan.

Running the  gauntlet of international travel compared to careful travel to BKK to obtain a vaccination? Hobson's choice  or?

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

If you're only paying 10% it's OK, dunno what special agreement that comes with.... nothing on the skatteverket.se....

I thought the minimum was in the range of 30%+ as ordinary tax...

For me it doesn't matter, the government already stole 60% of my pension to give to those in "need".

Well,there is no "special agreement" that comes with it..I pay Exactly the same amount/% as everyone else in Sweden, with the same income,does! Just check the "skattetabellen" and you will find,that the more "final income" you have,the higher % you have to pay.That is the reason,that the SINK tax favours the rich;they get lower tax,living abroad.The poor get nothing,surprise,surprise...But,that´s life...

3 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Same in The Netherlands. My folks live in Thailand. My father flew to Thailand 11 years ago just for the week to get his Thai tax ID card and to sign a rental agreement. He then flew back home, got everything translated and legalized, and with all that and his brand new retirement visa was able to prove he had tax obligations in Thailand from then on. Ever since he has been paying almost 0 tax over his state and private pensions instead of the 30-40% he was paying before then. Through tax agreements many countries of origin want to prevent their citizens from being taxed double but this indeed does not happen automatically. You have to show them you're paying taxes abroad. In the mean time Thai tax authorities indeed never bothered to ask about his income so he is indeed paying nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosse137 said:

Well,there is no "special agreement" that comes with it..I pay Exactly the same amount/% as everyone else in Sweden, with the same income,does! Just check the "skattetabellen" and you will find,that the more "final income" you have,the higher % you have to pay.That is the reason,that the SINK tax favours the rich;they get lower tax,living abroad.The poor get nothing,surprise,surprise...But,that´s life...

Thailand and Sweden do have a tax agreement. Thailand has a similar agreement with many countries. No need to pay any taxes when you live in LOS.

The existing taxes to which the Convention shall apply are :

a)         In Thailand :

(i)         the income tax; and
(ii)        the petroleum income tax; (hereinafter referred to as "Thai tax")

b)         In Sweden :

(i)         the  State  income  tax, including the sailors' tax and the coupon tax;
(ii)        the tax on the undistributed profits of companies and the tax on distribution in connection with reduction of share capital or the winding up of a company;
(iii)       the tax on public entertainers;
(iv)       the profit sharing tax; and
(v)        the communal income tax (hereinafter referred to as "Swedish tax").

Edited by AgentSmith

4 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

I don't understand the problem. My first application made June 30th and I just received this email confirmation. Key is not waiting to long to apply.

Understand this then. Signed up with provincial scheduling, in person early May, Wall of CM a month later, plus two hospitals. after that. Tried but missed out in the scrum for sign up for Octobers moderna rollout, BTW.

I ended up getting a shot a week back when sister of my Girlfriends called up and told me were accepting walk in foreigners out at Raja park. I suspect that these people "you do not understand" had my experience, plus live in different areas than you do so are not in a preferential vaccine rollout zone. Most importantly did not have a G's sister, who works for the local jongwat health call them up. Oh, and I keep looking at me e mail and line apps to see when they would have contacted me - NOTHING yet. That is right nothing. Now in this last week you can get vaccinated in our area, sure sinovac but  ... at least it has been well publicized, yet all the sign ups I did?! Nada. Jesus wept.

Hope you understand better now.