Apple TV 4K now available.

sometimewoodworker

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

I have the easiest method. Leave the fireTV to automatically connect to the UK server with its surfshark app then watch 30 mins worth of news, then turn it off ????

Just a point I saw. The first 2 years of surfshark are around ฿2,000 ($2.49) but after that it’s more expensive expensive at $59.78, per year so about double.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The single device, fireTV, to a country Apple TV to another was one of the possibilities.

Another involves having devices connecting to their own dedicated router and those/that router running the VPN so a router can have 1 or more devices on its IP pool, so more than a single router. That is the more complex version and requires much more understanding of of the technology, introduces quite a few chances to make fun mistakes and needs multiple routers, something I might do as I have a few most just acting as AirPlay nodes, but not something to recommend to most users.

In short the only foolproof simple way is 1 device to 1 county, however you connect.

Yup that was possible too .. have you seen a mango router? I have one in the toy box, I think I paid about about 400B, it’s a little sluggish but they run tor and vpn.

With regard to prices, for they have already started offering me a deal if I pay now for a 3rd year .. Its a pretty cut throat business, I’m sure I might be able find a deal closer to the time, perhaps with UK smartDNS.

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

Yup that was possible too .. have you seen a mango router? I have one in the toy box, I think I paid about about 400B, it’s a little sluggish but they run tor and vpn.

No idea about the mango. I have several AirPort routers I bought second hand for Airplay destinations so could use one of those