Thailand’s Department of Health advises people wear face masks during sex

webfact

Well I admit this is absurd.  That said, it’s not a one off.  Canada’s (normally a sensible country) chief public health officer recommended the wearing of masks during sex, back in September last year.  She closed this profoundly sage advice with “The lowest risk sexual activity during Covid-19 involves yourself alone”. There you have it, the solution to loneliness and isolation.  

53 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I can't see it in the 9 pages of posts, but has anyone made the 'cluster' joke yet?

No, but it has been heavily implied. It’s pretty much a given these days that any article involving the current administration's recommendations having to do with covid and other important matters are classic cluster ————.

• Haha 2

I saw this coming from day 1 of this debacle.  My prediction 18 months ago was that there would be no "seeing the light" revelation from the compliant masses until the WHO issued a Sex Permission Passport, and it's not far away. If WHO believe they can stop cows farting, I'm pretty confident they can successfully argue that sex is detrimental to one's health.

I was hoping world governments would get involved  in the manufacturing of beer to control Sars-cov-2.  The inevitable cockup would lead to instantaneous mass red-pilling.

14 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I imagine that Thailand has the same range of intellectual ability as anywhere else.

The difference is: 1) appointments such as the one held by this clown are invariably made by patronage and/ or purchase. Ability and talent quite simply don't come in to it; 2) they are all driven by ego, which leads to these sort of crass announcement simply because they get the all important "5 minutes on the telly".

As for the"PISA" educational tables and similar ratings, I suspect that they are flawed because the data provided to such rating organisations is controlled by the same cultural dynamic.

Put bluntly a very bright dark skinned 16 year old from Issan whose parents are " unconnected" will not be included in the data, however clever, but the 16 year old Facebook addicted child of " the right family" who is attending an expensive private school will be.

This will inevitably skew the results - the rating agencies can only work with the data they are given.

This " patronage/purchase" approach to filling important roles has long been Thailand's Achilles heel, and goodness me, hasn't the Covid crisis exposed it, in just about every area!

Although I don’t disagree with your patronage argument which is is a very real problem in Thailand it simply exacerbates an existing issue of the very poor education in Thailand. PISA is not ,as you suspect, skewed and is highly respected internationally for its representation. Anecdotal evidence from many here encountering particularly the most notable poor mathematical skills support that. I’m not sure if this link works but is a damning assessment.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/584201/low-iq-levels-a-wake-up-call-for-thailand

7 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Well I admit this is absurd.  That said, it’s not a one off.  Canada’s (normally a sensible country) chief public health officer recommended the wearing of masks during sex, back in September last year.  She closed this profoundly sage advice with “The lowest risk sexual activity during Covid-19 involves yourself alone”. There you have it, the solution to loneliness and isolation.  

If Canada's chief public health officer is similar to many others in her position, she is massively overweight and ugly...she, as well as the others, is lucky to have herself as a safe-sex partner. And sex with herself still sucks...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, WingFat said:

If Canada's chief public health officer is similar to many others in her position, she is massively overweight and ugly...she, as well as the others, is lucky to have herself as a safe-sex partner. And sex with herself still sucks...

She speaks highly of you and your trimmed youthful performances I am sure.

Perhaps her brain is more important than her looks?

Why do some men feel free to comment on the perceived "beauty" and form of women, but somehow find if women do the same as men they become "ball tearing bitches"??

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WingFat said:

Skinny and ugly