Over 57,000 Thai Medical Professionals Are Given Pfizer Booster Jabs

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) has announced that more than 57,000 medical professionals, who had previously received two jabs of the Sinovac vaccine, were given a dose of Pfizer vaccine to boost their immunity between 4 - 7 August.

How long has this delivery of Pfizer been in Thailand?

Only 57,000 given so far?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sapson said:

Why? a Pfizer booster jab to all front line medical staff should be an absolute priority against the Delta strain, guess the envelope filling conditions for Sinovac procurement didnt allow for returns.

Haven't more orders been made recently? Surprising but I believe I read of it here. ,

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

While almost all of Thailand population, many in dire health situation, goes without even one shot those lucky medics get 3 of them.. I can't see anything wrong with that, can you...

When the first two shots are pretty much useless against Delta a booster of Pfizer was a logical thing to do.

Frontline medical staff treating suspected or confirmed covid patients are more likely to be infected so nobody should have a problem with this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

those 700k allocated to medics should be given immediately, before it will be pinched by generals.

That's not an issue, that others vax are already at hospitals - for medics it's suppose to be only pfizer, nothing else.

Lame excuses for corruption 

Anything that is left lying around for awhile will be deemed as fair game. get the Vaccines administered as a priority.

There are still 643,000 Doses at least to be given to the Medical Professionals.

And I for one , do not begrudge any of it to them.

They are hard working dedicated people who are putting themselves into harms way on a Daily basis, and need all the protection they can get.

The other Vaccines at the hospitals can be given to anybody at all who is in need such as the Old and Vulnerable.

• Like 1