Why not J&J?

bkk6060

My only guess is they don't want competition against there underperforming Astra Zeneca plant.

The fact is they've only ordered 20 million pfeizer doses.  Enough for 10 million people.

Its continues to be ugly and unfortuituos vaccine rollout.  A lesson on how not to manage a pandemic.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

My only guess is they don't want competition against there underperforming Astra Zeneca plant.

The fact is they've only ordered 20 million pfeizer doses.  Enough for 10 million people.

Its continues to be ugly and unfortuituos vaccine rollout.  A lesson on how not to manage a pandemic.

That is a really stupid and typically paranoid guess.

it’s simply that J&J have production issues and haven’t sent any vaccines, yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

The link of the OP seems to say that Janssen vaccine is good against Delta , I hope no need of a second injection 

I am one of the French people vaccinated with it, 5 weeks ago, and no side effects, fever, etc .... nothing  at all

Today Lao just started vaccinating people with J&J.

This government needs to start doing something!

Its frustrating as hell watching Anutin and Prayutt basically do nothing.

Thai people have paid there taxes.

Get them there vaccines.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

That is a really stupid and typically paranoid guess.

it’s simply that J&J have production issues and haven’t sent any vaccines, yet.

You don't know!

Laos just got one million doses two days ago.

You need WiFi to keep up with the news.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, bkk6060 said:

Haven't heard much about it only one shot and looks like

a possible good option now.  Not used much in the US I would think they have extra doses for sale.

Thailand has 5 million J&J doses on order for later arrival. J&J is a vector-based vaccine, just like AZ, so similar side effects have been observed - some countries have banned both AZ and J&J for same reason - only major difference is that J&J is a one-jab vaccine, and it's also slightly less efficient than AZ, which has an overall efficiency of 70 percent, where J&J for some variants is down to 66 percent.

Source link BioSpace "UPDATED Comparing COVID-19 Vaccines: Timelines, Types and Prices" HERE.

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Havn't send or havn't been ordered . 

I can't find anything about ordering.  Just ok'd by the FDA.

If anything was signed I'm sure there would be big headlines with Anutin smiling in admiration of his accomplishment somewhere.

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thailand has 5 million J&J doses on order for later arrival

I can't see any thing on the web confirming an order.

"Paisarn Dunkum, secretary general of the regulator, says private companies and hospitals who wish to administer approved Covid-19 vaccines should register with the Department of Disease Control. He also points out that so far, no doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have been ordered."

Thaiger

March 26, 2021

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

When?

I just read that Laos got 1 million JandJ last week.

Any news on the pfeizer?

I can't find anything confirming an order on the web.

This government talks a lot while these contracts gather dust on the GPO' s table while they nogotiate kickbacks.

That was the main hurdle with Moderna.  It could have been here last week.

Edited by MrJ2U

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I can't see any thing on the web confirming an order.

"Paisarn Dunkum, secretary general of the regulator, says private companies and hospitals who wish to administer approved Covid-19 vaccines should register with the Department of Disease Control. He also points out that so far, no doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have been ordered."

Thaiger

March 26, 2021

My source is from 7th June in a newspaper, which I'm not allowed to mention, quote directly or link to in this forum, but it states that both 10 million doses Moderne vaccine - for Private Hospitals, to be delivered in three lots late this year, and next year (2022) - and 20 million doses Pfizer, and 5 million doses J&J have been ordered, not specifying a delivery date for the last two brands...????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, khunPer said:

My source is from 7th June in a newspaper, which I'm not allowed to mention, quote directly or link to in this forum, but it states that both 10 million doses Moderne vaccine - for Private Hospitals, to be delivered in three lots late this year, and next year (2022) - and 20 million doses Pfizer, and 5 million doses J&J have been ordered, not specifying a delivery date for the last two brands...????

Okay, fair enough.

Couldn't find anything but FDA approval.

I had it last week at Hua Hin BKK Hospital as part of the second vaccination round launched by the French embassy for its citizens living in Thailand. I must admit that this was probably the first time in my life when I felt lucky to be French, as a lot of non-French expats living in Hua Hin are currently making it to Bangkok hoping to get a Sinovac or Astra Z shot. While the first round was limited to 55+ yo French citizens, the second round was opened to any French citizen over 18 years of age. Everything went super smooth. Got an email from the French embassy on the 18th of July inviting me to register for vaccination with the JJ vaccine. All I had to do was to click a link, register and got an appointment on the 4th of August.

Once at the hospital, everything was quite well organized. Over 50 French citizens turned up to get their shot, but the whole process took me less than an hour, and everything was free of charge, of course. Haven't felt any symptom, so far... Well done, French embassy!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Letseng said:

1 J&J jab isn't a lot of protection.

J&J shot effective against Delta variant in large South Africa study

Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine is 71 percent effective at preventing hospitalizations and 96 percent effective at preventing death from the Delta variant, according to preliminary data from a massive South African study.

The study, called the Sisonke, involved over 477,000 health care workers who received the single-shot COVID-19 vaccine between February and May of this year. Workers were exposed to both the Beta and Delta variants of COVID-19 as they spread throughout the country.

https://www.politico.eu/article/johnson-johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-delta-variant/

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, placeholder said:

J&J shot effective against Delta variant in large South Africa study

Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine is 71 percent effective at preventing hospitalizations and 96 percent effective at preventing death from the Delta variant, according to preliminary data from a massive South African study.

The study, called the Sisonke, involved over 477,000 health care workers who received the single-shot COVID-19 vaccine between February and May of this year. Workers were exposed to both the Beta and Delta variants of COVID-19 as they spread throughout the country.

https://www.politico.eu/article/johnson-johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-delta-variant/

Yes, and there are indications protection lasts longer than the mRNA vaccines. 

• Like 1