Why not J&J?

bkk6060

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

The study, called the Sisonke, involved over 477,000 health care workers who received the single-shot COVID-19 vaccine between February and May of this year. Workers were exposed to both the Beta and Delta variants of COVID-19 as they spread throughout the country.

https://www.politico.eu/article/johnson-johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-delta-variant/

477000 people, it's more effective and representative than 1000  tested in a laboratory 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Letseng said:

1 J&J jab isn't a lot of protection.

It really is tough with all the stuff going out, like many things in life one day it is good the next it is bad, just look at the Moderna stock the other day?  It is now being reported that the Pfizer only has 50% against the Delta?  a report a few months back Pfizer might be good for a year or two today one said all we got is six months? 

Being human, although these vaccine were push through in record time I have more confidences in companies from the West, Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, even AZ,  I'll keep my distant with any produced by China.????

On 8/10/2021 at 10:37 PM, FridgeMagnet1 said:

They ordered 5 million doses 

The actual headlines, from ~ 2 months ago:

"Government Approves Order to 5 million J&J"

"Government Hopes to Ink Deal with J&J"

Haven't heard much since then.

~ 13 million people have received J&J in the U.S.

AFAIK, no U.S. government agencies are currently recommending a booster for J&J.

I think Canada shelved their use of J&J and will donate all their stocks.

J&J is obviously thrilled about the Sisonke pre-print re: Delta Breakthroughs, given that there was increasing doubt about this vaccine's efficacy against Delta. 

A few weeks ago my wife mentioned that Anutin was asked about JnJ at a press conference/interview.  He replied that JnJ has stopped taking their calls.

If true then Anutin et al might have flaked and angered the people at JnJ to the point that they don't want to deal with the Thai government anymore.  It takes a lot of resources to apply and shepherd an application through the approval process.  You would expect that after jumping through all the approval hoops and ultimately getting approved that the government would then be eager to place an order.  But we know that the Thai government has NOT been interested in ordering Western vaccines.  I can imagine the run around that JnJ officials must have gotten from the Thai government.  And with so many nations in need and lined up ready to purchase it would make sense to not waste time on Thailand.

Anutin said Now I want to announce missing people. Johnson & Johnson vaccine that we are preparing to sign a Term Sheet contract, but can't contact the company. Jensen-See Exchange Co., Ltd. Is this our fault? Because we have accelerated. However, it is expected that vaccine manufacturers may have problems. We also have information from the National Vaccine Institute on this matter. A medical committee warned us that we had to listen because we wouldn't take people as lab rats. (Translated from Thai using Google Translate)

https://thestandard.co/anutin-cannot-contact-johnson-and-johnson-and-bought-20-million-doses-of-pfizer/

CDC (U.S.) as part of a broader Booster announcement/plan...

“We also anticipate booster shots will likely be needed for people who received the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccine. Administration of the J&J vaccine did not begin in the U.S. until March 2021, and we expect more data on J&J in the next few weeks. With those data in hand, we will keep the public informed with a timely plan for J&J booster shots as well.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0818-covid-19-booster-shots.html

Yesterday's Nouvel Obs (24 Aug 2021) says that the Haute Authorité de Santé (HAS - France's FDA) now recommends the following:

- 2 doses of J&J because 1 shot is insufficiently effective against Delta

- more generally, all over-65s should have 3 shots of whatever takes their fancy.