U.S. CDC urges avoiding travel to Thailand over COVID-19

webfact

It was only a matter of time and when it would happen Time is of the essence to get tbe vaccines administered to those who want it, or maybe put some teeth in the restrictions already on the books.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's strange at the moment that Israel is on the list considering the very high number of people already vaccinated.

Why is that?

A very obvious new wave of infections that started at the end of June, and yesterday reported 5900 new cases. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Perhaps you should take your own advice. Of course it's never 100% and no one has ever claimed such

There we go then... thanks for making my point. 

You might read this not from Hindustan.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warned on Monday against travel to Israel, France, Thailand, Iceland and several other countries because of a rising number of COVID-19 cases in those nations.

Ouchhhhh !

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

To stay safe, people should just travel within there known circles and always be safe, especially right now as the Delta and who knows what new variant may be skulking about.

To stay safe is impossible, just look at Thai roads. Sooner or later you have to weigh up the risks. I'm fully vaccinated and doing the sandbox thing. I have put off things and kept away from people but now judge travel is safe enough for us to get back to normal. Until a vaccine resistant strain comes along there is very low risk to us or our hosts. The anti vaxers have done their best to keep us locked up but we are now free and they are the ones who get left out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The CDC says unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to those countries.

does this sentence apply to both level 4 and level 3 rated countries ?  it appears in the last discussion on Level 3 High but maybe they are saying unvaccinated travelers should avoid travel to level 4 and level 3.  does not apply to vaccinated travelers ? 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If you think the vaccinations prevents infections, I suggest you read up on the topic. 

Plus the immunity level given depends on the vaccine !!!!

No point boasting nearly 70% have been given something that in reality is doesn't work and is useless.

• Like 1