Thailand reports daily record of 235 new coronavirus deaths

webfact

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't find any need to mention what my family and I have done in the previous year and a half to help our local communites. I find it a bit distastefull. A little like giving to charity and advertizing the fact. However you carry on.

Thank you. I intend to. Keeps me grounded. More should try it. 

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't find any need to mention what my family and I have done in the previous year and a half to help our local communites. I find it a bit distastefull. A little like giving to charity and advertizing the fact. However you carry on.

I am actually of two minds on this one. 

I don't mention what I do with regards to charity because ... to be quite honest it always feels I could do more than I do...  I have have no issue recognizing others (including family) generosity when I feel they have gone above average.

However if mentioning it publicly (as long as you keep the person you have helped private) encourages at least one other person to also be more generous, then it has had a possible effect on society and I have no issue with issuing a challenge in a way.   I shy away from being too public about anything personal, but then that is who I am.

• Like 1

Just now, bkkcanuck8 said:

I don't mention what I do with regards to charity because ... to be quite honest it always feels I could do more than I do...  I have have no issue recognizing others (including family) generosity when I feel they have gone above average.

However if mentioning it publicly (as long as you keep the person you have helped private) encourages at least one other person to also be more generous, then it has had a possible effect on society and I have no issue with issuing a challenge in a way.   I shy away from being too public about anything personal, but then that is who I am.

There is a difference between mentioning it publicly for a charitable reason vs for bragging rights.

7 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Yes i tend to agree. 

In fact it was one of the regular posters on here who inspired me to help. He regularly mentions how he goes out with his girlfriend and hands out on the street during his walks near his home. 

Never found what he posted about this ‘distasteful’ or looking for ‘bragging rights’ but each to their own. 

Edited by Kadilo

COVID recoveries outnumber new cases in Thailand for second day running

2021-04-23T031457Z_1_LYNXMPEH3M03R_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Wednesday (August 11) reported 21,038 new COVID-19 cases and 207 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1227114-covid-recoveries-outnumber-new-cases-in-thailand-for-second-day-running/

//CLOSED//

/Admin/