Pattaya: September plan to reopen resort to tourism is OFF - Koh Larn sealed off after 6 infections

webfact

1 hour ago, PadPrikKhing said:

could very easily be accomplished remotely by having the tenant walk around the place with a laptop running Zoom or another web-conference app and show it to you in real time! You don't need to fly back for that.

Boomers don’t know how to use technology. Same with bosses. If they can’t SEE you working how do they know you’re working!?

14 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

At last ! Some sanity prevails.

Without those Vaccines and a whole lot more, the resulting mayhem would have been the complete demise of Pattaya

What is a "complete demise of Pattaya"? I thought Pattaya was already as demised as it could possibly be. It can get worse?

17 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Boomers don’t know how to use technology. Same with bosses. If they can’t SEE you working how do they know you’re working!?

You know what's funny... I'm a "boomer" myself, so you're painting with a mighty wide brush there. Maybe he's a little more "boomed" than I am. I'll tell you this much, I'm old enough though that I will do almost anything to avoid that 22 hours sitting in a cramped airplane seat if at all possible. That would include learning to use Zoom if I didn't know how.

Edited by PadPrikKhing

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Koh Larn was open but I bet no one came......So I guess to save face they decided to close again..... If you remember Koh Larn has repeatedly said to be covid free over and over and over......But now they pop up?? 

True.

But since fully vaccinated can also get infected, for the time covid-free is nothing but a temporary illusion, be that Ko Larn or any place in the world.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Bingo! And there you have, in a few words, exactly why the pandemic will drag on indefinitely. The UK is a prime example of what can happen when the vast majority - around 80% of people - are fully vaccinated. Just about everything opened up, and although some expected 200,000 cases a day to follow that hasn't happened. Far from it. And at the same time there have been several news items recently of families reporting that one or more of their members had expressed regret in the days before they died that they had not been vaccinated. Still, everyone has the right to play Russian Roulette with their life if they want to.

The French government have made laws to prohibit there citizens from playing Russian Roulette with covid . I speculate Thailand will make similar laws . Especially for foreigners . 

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

Israel is imposing restrictions again as Covid is getting out of control there. It's beginning to make me wonder if the world will ever get back to anything remotely like what we used to think of as normal. Thailand should be making a Plan B, whereby the summer months in the northern hemisphere, where most tourists originate, will become the new High Season, and the winter months, when Covid and flu will likely be at their worst, will be the Low Season and mainly for people who are able to spend a few months on holiday, so that travel restrictions and possible quarantine for 7 to 10 days aren't too disruptive to their visit. Hopefully, it would never be needed, but they really should look at the alternatives and not keep all their eggs in the one proverbial basket.

TiT there is no plan B it doesn't exist in their DNA.

19 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

But what happened? This time the coin fell down in the box already 20 days before. Have they changed the decision makers or employed new spin doctors?

Phuket & Samui happened, bubble and seal my backside....

Pattaya is as leaky as the borders, no hope of containing anything.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Untested? Really? What planet are you on? But yes, for you it might not be the path to take. You, though, are not the norm. Most people do not suffer from blood clots, nor do 99.999999+% of the people vaccinated. I like the odds for 'normal' people.

Well that makes the decision easy. You get vaxed then. <deleted> about the rest and what others should do. 

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
17 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Not every one wants a vax...

Bingo! And there you have, in a few words, exactly why the pandemic will drag on indefinitely. The UK is a prime example of what can happen when the vast majority - around 80% of people - are fully vaccinated. Just about everything opened up, and although some expected 200,000 cases a day to follow that hasn't happened. Far from it. And at the same time there have been several news items recently of families reporting that one or more of their members had expressed regret in the days before they died that they had not been vaccinated. Still, everyone has the right to play Russian Roulette with their life if they want to.

I also read months ago that 43% of anti-vaxers in the UK had changed their mind. So I wonder now what % have changed their mind.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

covid has caused misery, desperation,  sickness, starvation and many other problems worldwide. 

And the world can thank China's  WUHAN lab for it all.    

and you will all go on buying Chinese made products, Thai's are too stupid to realize or blame China,  and what will happen in one / two / three years from now .........    nothing.  

"covid has caused misery, desperation,  sickness, starvation and many other problems worldwide. 

And the world can thank China's  WUHAN lab for it all."

You have got this bit right, but don't forget the unelected "there won't be a coup" PM who is responsible for withholding vaccines which has caused the deaths of many people.   

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"covid has caused misery, desperation,  sickness, starvation and many other problems worldwide. 

And the world can thank China's  WUHAN lab for it all."

You have got this bit right, but don't forget the unelected "there won't be a coup" PM who is responsible for withholding vaccines which has caused the deaths of many people.   

I was merely pointing out that nothing will change, and you all will continue on buying Chinese junk. 

11 hours ago, Jaybott said:

United States

CNN fires three employees who came to office unvaccinated - memo

Ahhh yes.  CNN, That Bastion of Conservatism.  There's plenty of goofballs in the entire political spectrum.  No party holds a monopoly on them. The above clip is from Reuters, just Google, "CNN fires" and it'll pop up.

Excellent. Smart move. Go after the stubborn goofballs. The ones unwilling to give one iota back to their nation, and the ones who will never do anything "they do not want to do". 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Sadly you do not seem to realize that the virus mutates, and in some cases may mutate to more resistant variants inside Vaccinated people.  It is kind of like antibiotic resistant bacterial diseases that mutate into Super bus.  So continually pointing to people that do not have been vaccinated is irrational

And doing nothing at all is far more irrational. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I was merely pointing out that nothing will change, and you all will continue on buying Chinese junk. 

After what the Chinese have done to the world, every country should boycott their goods. Just before the Cvirus, I bought a Chinese smartphone, and it's the best one I ever bought, I do agree with you about Chinese goods though, ie saddlebags for my motorbike, and the zips burst after just a few months.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

After what the Chinese have done to the world, every country should boycott their goods. Just before the Cvirus, I bought a Chinese smartphone, and it's the best one I ever bought, I do agree with you about Chinese goods though, ie saddlebags for my motorbike, and the zips burst after just a few months.

People just don't realize how VAST VAST HUGE China's manufacturing is......Most things on Lazada come from China.....Until manufacturing moves the world needs China...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Having once been a boss if somebody gets through their allotted tasks correctly in the specified time you can take it that they have been working. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

You dont get it do you….vaccinated means your body can better defend it self if you get covid.  Less of a virus load means less complications and less likely to die or be hospitalized.  In the USA , 90% of those in hospital from covid did not, for whatever reason, get vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58162318

More than 75% of UK adults have now received two Covid jabs, the government has said.

A total of 39,688,566 people have now received both doses, while another 7 million have only had a single dose, according to the latest figures.

Boris Johnson described the milestone in the vaccine rollout as a "huge national achievement".

But Oxford Vaccine Group director Prof Sir Andrew Pollard has warned that herd immunity is "not a possibility".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-58157207

An unvaccinated father-of-three who spent four days on a ventilator fighting Covid-19 has said he has "no doubt" a vaccine would have helped him.

Gerald Prentice, 40, was discharged from Antrim Area Hospital last week.

He said he is not an "anti-vaxxer" but had wanted to obtain more information.

Northern Ireland's chief scientific adviser has said about 80% of Covid-19 patients aged under 60 in hospitals have not been vaccinated.

Prof Ian Young is encouraging the public to get a jab for Covid-19 as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

And doing nothing at all is far more irrational. 

You keep hopping on that like a broken record.  It is quite possible that doing nothing will in the long run prove to have been better as some countries and cities have done;  There are and will be casualties and results from all actions or non actions

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Sadly you do not seem to realize that the virus mutates, and in some cases may mutate to more resistant variants inside Vaccinated people.  It is kind of like antibiotic resistant bacterial diseases that mutate into Super bus.  So continually pointing to people that do not have been vaccinated is irrational

Do you have any links or proof of what you say?

6 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

You would not digest or agree with it, but here is one link quoting De. Gupta the guy on TV all the time

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/03/18/sanjay-gupta-getting-vaccinated-just-lead-mutations-variants-virus-know-n380955

An interesting link and it seems as though Dr Sanjay Gupta is advocating vaccination and wearing of masks after vaccination for a while.

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

.Until manufacturing moves the world needs China...

So Trump was right about something then ?  

bring the manufacturing home..in my opinion the "west" was foolish to hand one country so much control over almost every aspect of manufacturing 

lost jobs and lost intellectual properties, its probably too late now anyway.