Pattaya: September plan to reopen resort to tourism is OFF - Koh Larn sealed off after 6 infections

webfact

2 hours ago, rott said:

if somebody gets through their allotted tasks correctly in the specified time

And if they get through the task before the allotted time  they can take a break right ?  or maybe they need less time to do the task or need more task to fill the time ?

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The vaccine is very similar to the Sars vaccine which had years of testing. So, the "untested crowd" carries little weight. It is a lame argument, meant to deflect responsibility. 

I do not want to get vaccinated, but I am going to do it. I consider it a small sacrifice. 

I think you will find that the original SARS vaccine was not mRNA based and also failed. As vaxxed or not along with most things about covid have become politicized, it can be good to fine info that predates all pf this.  For example an interesting short article in Nature regarding development of the original SARS vaccine:

https://www.nature.com/articles/news050110-3

Its a 2005 article and has interesting points.  One of particular interest is:

"In the case of SARS, it remains unclear how antibodies might be helping some viral strains into cells."

Yes, it has been found that the antibodies from the vaccines can actually make an infection worse.  This was later called ADE (antibody dependent enhancement) and is the reason why there has never been a successful corona virus vaccine.  And is why there is a lot of concern surrounding the lightly tested current batch of vaccines.

The man credited with inventing the mRNA delivery system, Dr. Robert Malone, is greatly concerned about this and this.

Google him. He has been doing the rounds on tv on talk shows recently.  His segment with Tucker Carlson was of course banned by Youtube.  After all, what would the inventor of the vaccine delivery system know about it?  He believes the numbers popping up amongst vaccinated people and the push from Pfizer for a 3rd (and not fully studied) jab, along with the drop off of vaccine efficacy, are indicators of ADE.

He makes his case simply here on his twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/rwmalonemd/status/1421829458449797120?lang=en

In his opinion, vaccines will not lead us to herd immunity:

https://www.citizensjournal.us/mrna-expert-speaks-out-on-the-covid-crisis/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_6ddd5a92a9083b2c6aa95930e54b3c1647d5ab90-1628675399-0-gqNtZGzNAk2jcnBszQjO

This is an opinion today being echoed by Prof Andrew Pollard, who led the Oxford vaccine team:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/10/delta-variant-has-wrecked-hopes-herd-immunity-warn-scientists/

Behind a paywall, but he says:

"We don't have anything that will stop transmission, so I think we are in a situation where herd immunity is not a possibility and I suspect the virus will throw up a new variant that is even better at infecting vaccinated individuals."

It is healthy to debate the vaccines. There are clear reasons for people to doubt the efficacy and safety of them.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, DjSilver said:

This is just ridiculous. We foreigners doesn't care about the covid spread in Thailand at the moment. It is still 10 times from international standard so that means it can be more than 220k new cases every day and most foreigners wouldn't be worried or care. It is the ridiculous restrictions in Thailand that makes foreigners don't want to go to Thailand. So skip mandatory face masks, open malls, parks, restaurants and gyms and we will come.

You are simply deluded.

On 8/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, RichardColeman said:

Entering is not the issue for me - leaving and re-entering every 9 months (personal issues) is mindblowing daft in paperwork, pcr's  and ASQ ! Hence I will be stuck outside until these daft regs are removed - or unless I win the lottery

Don't expect to be back anytime soon then if I were you, just a thought, you said for personal reasons, medical ?? If so, surely the money spent on flights ( ASQ) if applicable and everything else could go towards medical stuff here, as for your tenant, surely just employ a rental agent to keep an eye on the place every now & then. 

21 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

shows how pointless these "tests" are.

Tourists and visitors had to show a test since weeks when wanting to enter Koh Larn as far as I'm aware. Just as in "sandzone" Phuket, which also had their share of cases since.

When will Thailand take an example of open-minded states like Sweden, Denmark, several US counties like Texas etc. and OPEN UP??

This virus won't go away - now we know that even better after having seen in Israel, Gibraltar, the UK etc. that even in very highly vaccinated countries it always comes back.

"Lockdowns"  and the destruction of the economy will not end as long as politicians don't face this reality.

Another delusional ................... I'm not allowed to say.

On 8/10/2021 at 1:41 PM, Espanol said:

Why someone who doesn't smoke, drink, eat meat or sugar should have to pay for your treatment of cancer and diabetes?

Well, I believe that those choices affect the individual person, while Covid-19 antivaxxer actions affect Doctors, Nurses, EMT's, Hospital Staff, hotels, restaurants and I will go so far as to say the entire economy. As for Smoking, the tobacco companies should be held responsible, as for Cancer, many causes.  My father died after smoking 5 packs of Camels/unfiltered cigarettes for 70 some odd years.  Wound up not getting treated for Crohn's disease and dying from malnutrition, he also worked with asbestos. 

So, no vaccine to help society, no insurance help.  Same as in US as hurt on job while on drugs.  Reap what you sow. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

An unvaccinated father-of-three who spent four days on a ventilator fighting Covid-19 has said he has "no doubt" a vaccine would have helped him.

Gerald Prentice, 40, was discharged from Antrim Area Hospital last week.

There have been a few reports on UK News of relatively fit and not so old people who have refused vaccination getting sick, and even dying. A clear effort to persuade those in denial I expect.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 12:41 AM, Espanol said:

Why someone who doesn't smoke, drink, eat meat or sugar should have to pay for your treatment of cancer and diabetes?

Firstly tobacco and alcohol consumers don't risk infection hundreds of other people by their choices.

Secondly they contribute to the cost of thier care by the taxes they pay on such products. Anti-vaxers contribute nothing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sandy Bottom said:

Well, I believe that those choices affect the individual person, while Covid-19 antivaxxer actions affect Doctors, Nurses, EMT's, Hospital Staff, hotels, restaurants and I will go so far as to say the entire economy. As for Smoking, the tobacco companies should be held responsible, as for Cancer, many causes.  My father died after smoking 5 packs of Camels/unfiltered cigarettes for 70 some odd years.  Wound up not getting treated for Crohn's disease and dying from malnutrition, he also worked with asbestos. 

So, no vaccine to help society, no insurance help.  Same as in US as hurt on job while on drugs.  Reap what you sow. 

5 packs a day?........It seems almost impossible that there is enough time in a day to smoke 5 packs....

• Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, RichardColeman said:

I've been stuck outside Thailand away form the wife for 16 months, BUT if they shut Thailand down until Jan 1 and inject what they can and open up without hoops 100% then I'm ok with the delay, at least we can plan.

It's the not knowing anything definite that's doing everyone's heads in !

Being "stuck" outside of Thailand is a choice...I personally know 4 people with retirement, family, or marriage ties to Thailand that have returned during the pandemic.

• Like 1