Pattaya: September plan to reopen resort to tourism is OFF - Koh Larn sealed off after 6 infections

webfact

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

The plan was to open up on September 1st. The TAT has now abandoned this idea

But what happened? This time the coin fell down in the box already 20 days before. Have they changed the decision makers or employed new spin doctors?

• Like 2

Israel is imposing restrictions again as Covid is getting out of control there. It's beginning to make me wonder if the world will ever get back to anything remotely like what we used to think of as normal. Thailand should be making a Plan B, whereby the summer months in the northern hemisphere, where most tourists originate, will become the new High Season, and the winter months, when Covid and flu will likely be at their worst, will be the Low Season and mainly for people who are able to spend a few months on holiday, so that travel restrictions and possible quarantine for 7 to 10 days aren't too disruptive to their visit. Hopefully, it would never be needed, but they really should look at the alternatives and not keep all their eggs in the one proverbial basket.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ehs818 said:

And I guess that not everyone wants to live. OK, don't trust science.  Instead you can choose to believe the partisan idiots on TV that don't hold medical degrees. Your life, your choice. Enjoy the MAGA day!

Who said me...I was talking about others...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

At last ! Some sanity prevails.

Without those Vaccines and a whole lot more, the resulting mayhem would have been the complete demise of Pattaya

you mean it's not complete yet? I think it's more likely to be a Phoenix rising from the ashes some way down the line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I've been stuck outside Thailand away form the wife for 16 months, BUT if they shut Thailand down until Jan 1 and inject what they can and open up without hoops 100% then I'm ok with the delay, at least we can plan.

It's the not knowing anything definite that's doing everyone's heads in !

Sorry for your situation,I was away for 9 months (although planned 7 anyway),but forget ‘planning' the way you imply it. There is no beginning,middle and end to this pandemic as the variants have illustrated, especially not for Thailand as their competences also do. The ability to plan for and deal with complex ,varying circumstances is simply way beyond them. They got lucky initially and mistook that for competence- vaccination was the nearest thing to a solution and they were delinquent- still are. Resign yourself to further uncertainty or once vaccinated grasp the nettle and return,but given boosters are looking likely that will not be without risk. 

• Like 1