Understanding AliExpress

ExpatOilWorker

22 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Follow up to the above, l just got an email informing me of a delivery progress report.

42DF8817-7E38-4ECF-A670-1B7F9592D96E.thumb.jpeg.020a684fb131fc8145146150ebefb534.jpeg

this is much more detailed than Lazada ever is.

Not sure about that, below is my Lazada delivery today. The problem with AliExpress is once it leaves China it's radio silence, package disappears, may resurface, probably not

Screenshot_2021-11-17-13-38-43-823_com.lazada.android.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Follow up to the above, l just got an email informing me of a delivery progress report.

42DF8817-7E38-4ECF-A670-1B7F9592D96E.thumb.jpeg.020a684fb131fc8145146150ebefb534.jpeg

this is much more detailed than Lazada ever is.

I agree with scuba, trouble starts when it is handed over to Thai Post. Sometimes it vanish into thin air and AliExpress will claim you can just pick it up at your local post office and pocket your money.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not sure about that, below is my Lazada delivery today. The problem with AliExpress is once it leaves China it's radio silence, package disappears, may resurface, probably not

Not my experience, here are 2 older deliveries by different carriers with tracking from China through to me.

BDDF0180-878A-45AF-8257-FA9C2FA3B8D1.thumb.jpeg.6e120c890c8323bd4e83eaee0b868b49.jpeg
0817CE98-03FE-4850-B5A6-4A90F51563D1.thumb.jpeg.c299ca6852cf0ff66e3ebc3d554e9bf2.jpeg

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I agree with scuba, trouble starts when it is handed over to Thai Post. Sometimes it vanish into thin air and AliExpress will claim you can just pick it up at your local post office and pocket your money.

Never had any problems with items once handed over to Thai Post, they are fast and reliable in my experience.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Not my experience, here are 2 older deliveries by different carriers with tracking from China through to me.

BDDF0180-878A-45AF-8257-FA9C2FA3B8D1.thumb.jpeg.6e120c890c8323bd4e83eaee0b868b49.jpeg
0817CE98-03FE-4850-B5A6-4A90F51563D1.thumb.jpeg.c299ca6852cf0ff66e3ebc3d554e9bf2.jpeg

bigger value items such as your fridge are probably different, different postal service usually. i have before received something from AliExpress in 7 days, but many things have never arrived hence why you have to wait for 90 days to request a refund, previously 60 days

I ordered and paid for two sets of Led headlight bulbs on Ali after 5 days the seller contacted me to tell me could I pay X amount extra as postage had gone up...I declined as in the meantime a new seller on Lazada (also from China) had the identical items listed there and cheaper....arrived here in 8 days and COD.....had to wait a couple of weeks for my refund from Ali to be returned....minus 40 baht for,,,currency fluctuations,,,,Aliexpress never again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

bigger value items such as your fridge are probably different, different postal service usually. i have before received something from AliExpress in 7 days, but many things have never arrived hence why you have to wait for 90 days to request a refund, previously 60 days

It wasn’t a big value item, it was a fridge ozone generator, so under 500 Baht 

8 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It wasn’t a big value item, it was a fridge ozone generator, so under 500 Baht 

My item that came in 7 days was around the same price, different postage used. Anyway just a matter of time when you have delivery issues, you've been lucky so far

On 11/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, fdsa said:

- welcome to Shopee! (note that I'm not saying "Lazada" because it's the same shíthole as Aliexpress - same owner, same codebase, same broken search engine)

they have greatly enhanced their logistics so I usually get shipments from China in ~10 days.

No experience with lazada/Aliexpress but bought a few items on Shopee that came from China, either local Thai sellers did not have the product or -in the case of an airbrush- the same item from China was more than 50% cheaper than from the local sellers. Surprisingly I received the items (from two sellers) in 10-12 days. The items seem to go to a warehouse/clearing house in Thailand and are then shipped via the usual local couriers (Shopee Express. J&T, Ninjavan,.....). No problems with customs (note that these were not very valuable items, all <1,000 Baht).  Tracking is available, right from the moment of pick-up in China. Most items seem to go via Shanghai.