Absolutely no mention of foreigners as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

webfact

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The 150,000 Pfizer doses originally earmarked for foreign nationals only recently have been expanded to include Thai students and diplomats and other Thais needing a Pfizer vaccine to travel abroad, so the portion remaining for foreign nationals is going to be somewhat smaller than originally expected.

Specifically, young Thai students traveling abroad who are all "next in line."   Freaking amazing.  Money makes the world go round.  Mummy and Daddy are rich so just slide right in front of the line with the other low-risk kiddies with rich Thai parents and get those "American" donated shots that America won't give to their own expats citizens. 
"American pisses on its own citizens so don't feel bad about pissing on them too.  They're just - Farang." 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder when they will be available in Hua Hin?

Ok, take a deep breath.  Keep holding....keep holding....ya blue yet...keep holding..................................................................

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

There are reports on Aseannow of foreigners receiving Pfizer shots as of now.

I made an appt a while ago before Pfizer was a choice.  They will not let me change from my AZ to Pfizer despite being earlier in line.

Similar, in the beginning of the pandemic I tried to buy hand sanitizer.  The girl wouldn't sell it to me as it was outside the hours to buy alcohol.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

Some time after registration opened, Pfizer was listed as an option but only to later (new) registrees - earlier registrees have to keep to their original allotted vaccine type. MedPark do not specify 'Bangkok people' and they probably have Pfizer because they have newer, larger, more capable cold storage facilities. I wish I had registered later now but these cookies seem to crumble in a preset way.

Don’t panic, Medpark posted information in the queue today that clearly stated what vaccines would be administered to patients based upon age/health conditions.

The notice stated Pfizer for all over 60, those with the listed diseases and pregnant women.

• Like 2

I've done nothing  except for conversing with a lady that waved me down weeks ago and asked if I wanted to get vaccinated.  Also the good doc told a friend at the hospital it would be changed from Sinovac to Pfizer  because I'm an American.

I seem to rarely  have problems here in Thailand the last couple of decades.  Odd, how some are so unlucky.  Shot is still 5 days away so maybe I will be rescheduled or I get Sinovac.  Not really concerned.

• Like 1

Gotta wonder about their Pfizer apportionment, since clearly they cannot shoot Pfizer vaccine into every foreigner. Have they allowed stock for those who live outside greater Bangkok?  Would living in greater Bangkok give one a better chance of a Pfizer dose?

8 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I've done nothing  except for conversing with a lady that waved me down weeks ago and asked if I wanted to get vaccinated.  Also the good doc told a friend at the hospital it would be changed from Sinovac to Pfizer  because I'm an American.

I seem to rarely  have problems here in Thailand the last couple of decades.  Odd, how some are so unlucky.  Shot is still 5 days away so maybe I will be rescheduled or I get Sinovac.  Not really concerned.

Like you, my encounters with Thai people have been overwhelmingly positive. As for those farangs who fare otherwise, I'm reminded of Mort Sahl's comment about a politically controversial actress. He said, "It's possible to dislike her for herself."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:
7 hours ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

Some time after registration opened, Pfizer was listed as an option but only to later (new) registrees - earlier registrees have to keep to their original allotted vaccine type. MedPark do not specify 'Bangkok people' and they probably have Pfizer because they have newer, larger, more capable cold storage facilities. I wish I had registered later now but these cookies seem to crumble in a preset way.

Edited 6 hours ago by nauseus

I miss wrote that ,I asked about Bangkok people getting the jab ,thinking about the Expatvac registration, if  this registration  process is the same as the Expatvac one ,working on areas ,I am 140 km north of Bangkok ,if the time comes for the Expatvac and my centre for the jab is Bangkok, which it could be ,not so many foreigners in this area, I can not see them moving all their equipment ,and god knows how many people ,for just a few foreigners,  it will not be easy to get they and the wife will not be happy either .

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t panic, Medpark posted information in the queue today that clearly stated what vaccines would be administered to patients based upon age/health conditions.

The notice stated Pfizer for all over 60, those with the listed diseases and pregnant women.

Where did I panic? Oh it's Chomper being dramatic again. Hope you've stayed safe.

The information is only for people newly registered, like I said.

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My God, I am Thai and not able to get an appointment, while moaning foreigners are getting jabbed, yet continually complain about everything. 

Lost your ID card or just not well connected ?????

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I miss wrote that ,I asked about Bangkok people getting the jab ,thinking about the Expatvac registration, if  this registration  process is the same as the Expatvac one ,working on areas ,I am 140 km north of Bangkok ,if the time comes for the Expatvac and my centre for the jab is Bangkok, which it could be ,not so many foreigners in this area, I can not see them moving all their equipment ,and god knows how many people ,for just a few foreigners,  it will not be easy to get they and the wife will not be happy either .

Easier for you to go to Bangkok then.

26 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Gotta wonder about their Pfizer apportionment, since clearly they cannot shoot Pfizer vaccine into every foreigner. Have they allowed stock for those who live outside greater Bangkok?  Would living in greater Bangkok give one a better chance of a Pfizer dose?

I travelled to BKK from up near the border with Laos.

If the vaccine won’t come to the expat....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Where did I panic? Oh it's Chomper being dramatic again. Hope you've stayed safe.

The information is only for people newly registered, like I said.

Forgive me, I posted my experience and what I and hundreds of others saw with our own eyes.

Your pessimistic guesses in contradiction with the reality at the hospital are noted.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Forgive me, I posted my experience and what I and hundreds of others saw with our own eyes.

Your pessimistic guesses in contradiction with the reality at the hospital are noted.

The Pfizer didn't help much did it? You need to read back a few pages. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Students going abroad would be next in line. 

Way to set your prioritise. Rich Thai kids get them first. Even although they will 100% be able to get a vaccine in the country where they arrive in the first week. 

10 hours ago, blackcab said:

Pfizer vaccinations for foreigners started at 8am today at MedPark hospital in Bangkok.

I can confirm that hundreds of foreigners have arrived at MedPark to be vaccinated with Pfizer and the process is ongoing as I type this.

Foreigners with workpermit or not? How did you sign up? 

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My God, I am Thai and not able to get an appointment, while moaning foreigners are getting jabbed, yet continually complain about everything. 

How are you not able to get an appointment? Are you unable to register for a jab? Or you un-able to walk to a centre? 
Foreigners are getting consistently skipped (as I have experienced here in Phuket). You are acting as if more foreigners are getting jabbed while you are being skipped?

Edited by Eibot
What a muppet

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Way to set your prioritise. Rich Thai kids get them first. Even although they will 100% be able to get a vaccine in the country where they arrive in the first week. 

Will they?  Will said country allow unvaccinated Thais to enter the country?

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Will they?  Will said country allow unvaccinated Thais to enter the country?

I don't know of any country denying people because of their vaccination status. If that ever happens in the future, you'll have your anti-vaxxers protesting in their underwear on a square near you ????

3 minutes ago, Eibot said:

I don't know of any country denying people because of their vaccination status. If that ever happens in the future, you'll have your anti-vaxxers protesting in their underwear on a square near you ????

https://apnews.com/article/europe-lifestyle-travel-coronavirus-pandemic-coronavirus-vaccine-065facb71658bc3dfb819990f27a9b11

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

How are you not able to get an appointment? Are you unable to register for a jab? Or you un-able to walk to a centre? 
Foreigners are getting consistently skipped (as I have experienced here in Phuket). You are acting as if more foreigners are getting jabbed while you are being skipped?

There is no registration where I live, Khon Kaen, unless over 60.

Foreigners under 60 have ways to register though. 

5 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Frankly, I don't think we expats should expect it. This 1.5mil jabs equals 750,000 doses. All these should go to every healthcare worker, right down to the cleaners, cooks & drivers.

Forget students studying abroad. Let them get jabbed overseas.

Not correct. The healthcare workers already got 2 jabs of Sinovac, so they only need a single jab of Pfizer as booster. That would take up around 700,000 doses.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thailand said:

Interesting to see if the Expatvac in the provinces wil provide Pfizer , if anything, although have yet to see confirmation of appointments from anyone yet?

I don't mind to travel to other province or even Bkk.

No thanks for the Sinovac, for me, that was the plan to dump on isaan.

But surprised ( actually being here ling enough not to be) no email, no mention in news, no proposed hospital, no timeline.

The last news read last week a sub 50k foreigners registered, ie less then the 75k ( 150k/ 2 shots) supposed total allocation....

If a week nothing will come up, then I will put this down as another time being conned here.

Now that the big heads pushing for amnesty law, even reporting as fake news would be useless...