Absolutely no mention of foreigners as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

webfact

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

Pfizer vaccinations for foreigners started at 8am today at MedPark hospital in Bangkok.

I can confirm that hundreds of foreigners have arrived at MedPark to be vaccinated with Pfizer and the process is ongoing as I type this.

Nice to see that Bangkok is the center of the universe again.

There are other places.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

thailandintervac website had sign-ups for vaccinations with appointment given out immediately.

Early sign-ups only get Astrazeneca but later sign-ups had a choice of Pfizer or Az.

Anyone could register (over 60 or with health concerns) , myself and a few mates in Pattaya have bookings for vaccination.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

Medpark was one of only a few hospitals that offered Pfizer via the Thailandintervac.com website once the expatvac.com website closed in early August. Khon Kaen and Chonburi (Sri Ratcha) were the only two provincial hospitals* on that site. Khon Kaen was offering Astra Zeneca at best and can't remember re Sri Ratcha. That site may still be open AFAIK t'was open when I last looked yesterday or day before.

I booked Pfizer at Bumrungrad but then thought better of it and booked Khon Kaen to avoid potential 14 day isolation on return to Sisaket. Bumrungrad have not honoured their promise of an e-mail (or SMS? can't remeber)  confirmation within 3 days - now Day 5 and another friend had blown out of Bumrungrad 4 days ago for that reason and booked pfizer at Bangkok Hospital instead.

thailandintervac seems to have disappeared from many expats purview since expatvac was launched. I only noticed it again after watching an NBT (national press agency, government linked) video of the CDC press briefing in English on or around 4-August. It was not actively marketed in its post expatvac format!

Note that thialandintervac is jabbed for free even though delivered by private hospitals.

*Correct me if I'm wrong someone about these being the only 2 provincials. Even those two were not there in the July incarnation of thailandintervac. Readers may remember how much us provincials railed against that feature back then.

1 hour ago, club said:

Complete Ignorance on the part of the useless US Embassy for believing anything Thai officials told them 

It's called diplomacy.

I don't believe any promises were asked for/given in regard to the Pfizer donations.   Only a general request to treat foreign nationals fairly as they would Thai nationals.  You can not stand over each nurse with a hammer.  Threats from 10,000 miles away are not helpful, but there has been announcements of future vaccine donations.  Disregard for foreign nationals with the present batch might indirectly effect future gifts?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Last week it was stated that part of the 1.5 million donation from the States - reported as part of 150,000 doses - would go to needy foreigners. 

No mention of this was made in the Daily News story. 

That's good news, then, no change in those circumstances.   

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I said it before if i have to choose between two evils i rather not choose at all so i support neither. I will never ever support Thaksin nor will I ever again support the junta.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

My God, I am Thai and not able to get an appointment, while moaning foreigners are getting jabbed, yet continually complain about everything. 

Blame your government.

Jeez, Thailand can't vacvinate every Thai with donated quality vaccines.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Two points for those who can think:

- Governments everywhere in the world attempt to pass different messages to different audiences. And particularly so when panic & hysteria make everything that moves politically sensitive. No surprise then that the Thai government spokesperson talks in Thai to Thai people about the wonders of Pfizer without mentioning Falangs;

- So people are to get what they ordered when they ordered it, and not what they prefer. Does it occur to those screaming down the line that the logistics of getting vaccines out to millions of people all over the country are already hugely complicated by time, transport & storage constraints without the end-users having the option to chop 'n change. The people doing this job - scores of thousands of them - are under massive pressure from start to finish of the whole process, just as in every other country in the world. Get real!  Remember to say Thank You when you receive your dose.

I'm giving my place in line up so that an elderly, at risk Thai can have my shot.  I don't need thanks.

However what's more likely is that some Hi-So 18 year old enrolled at Harvard will get my shot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I have zero confidence in the Thais. What, they'll jab a few thousand foreigners, take photos and call it good. How many doses will go missing and sold on the black market? 

I'm not complaining, I don't ever expect much in the way of fairness from Thai officials. At the end of the day they will find a way to screw this up.

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

There are reports on Aseannow of foreigners receiving Pfizer shots as of now.

I made an appt a while ago before Pfizer was a choice.  They will not let me change from my AZ to Pfizer despite being earlier in line.

i spoke with a young Brit today on a elite visa.  he has been promised the Pfizer vaccine due to his visa status.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I have zero confidence in the Thais. What, they'll jab a few thousand foreigners, take photos and call it good. How many doses will go missing and sold on the black market? 

So be it.  If Pfizer vacs wind up at a private hospital for additional cost. (black market), many will open their wallets—‘cause it’s a whole lot cheaper than a round trip ticket on the next available flight outta here, not to mention quarantine plus three weeks in the home country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArcticFox said:

I'm giving my place in line up so that an elderly, at risk Thai can have my shot.  I don't need thanks.

However what's more likely is that some Hi-So 18 year old enrolled at Harvard will get my shot.

Or even not enrolled, just produces the paper satisfying them - allowing the jab (maybe something like a google search printed out?)

• Like 1

There's plenty mention of the Pfizer vaccines on the two government websites for foreign nationals to pre-register for vaccinations:

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Screenshot_4.jpg.fa90bb94fc5865f898c1d5349f9154c0.jpg

And, the MFA has been saying they're expecting the first found of appointment notifications for expats who registered via their separate newer site -- https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ -- to start going out this week, with Pfizer vaccines on the menu, at least for those in Bangkok and some other areas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Interesting to see if the Expatvac in the provinces wil provide Pfizer , if anything, although have yet to see confirmation of appointments from anyone yet?

72 with a pre existing and checking my mail box every hour 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's plenty mention of the Pfizer vaccines on the two government websites for foreign nationals to pre-register for vaccinations:

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Screenshot_4.jpg.fa90bb94fc5865f898c1d5349f9154c0.jpg

And, the MFA has been saying they're expecting the first found of appointment notifications for expats who registered via their separate newer site -- https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ -- to start going out this week, with Pfizer vaccines on the menu, at least for those in Bangkok and some other areas.

I wonder if in Khonkaen they have a cold freezer, very cold.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Last week it was stated that part of the 1.5 million donation from the States - reported as part of 150,000 doses - would go to needy foreigners

Yeah okay... it's already been sorted where it's going to go, Thai style.

• Like 1