Absolutely no mention of foreigners as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

webfact

5 hours ago, atpeace said:

Some Farangs are even lower on the scale.  I've been treated with respect 99%  of the time here.    Rich and poor Thais for the most part are cool but aren't perfect.  I have my bad moments but have the luxury of resolving my issues in private.  Many have it a little harder than us retired folks.

I think your statement is a more of an indicator of your specific challenges.  Not being a jerk but how is it every person I know that was respected back in there home country and respects others is almost never treated poorly.  Not including the sour shop owner or a person just having an awful day.  Some look at every interaction as a battle.  My encounters are pleasant or not so pleasant encounters.

I am talking about government and vaccination of expats only.

Edited by Bezdomny
  • Like 1

So, nothing really changes.

You can get vaccinated under the new registration scheme -  as long as you are in Bangkok or surrounds.

The far Provinces are for use as a dumping ground for patients overflowing from the city, but there is no vax available there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You can get vaccinated under the new registration scheme -  as long as you are in Bangkok or surrounds.

The far Provinces are for use as a dumping ground for patients overflowing from the city, but there is no vax available there.

Patience, Dear Boy, patience. Just wait, like the peasants. They're used to it. And, if you live in rural Thailand, you can be too. Your turn will come.

3 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Patience, Dear Boy, patience. Just wait, like the peasants. They're used to it. And, if you live in rural Thailand, you can be too. Your turn will come.

I'm relatively new to life in the far north, I think patience will only develop long after my turn has come and gone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, club said:

150,000 is not 20% its 10% of 1.5 mil.  2 jabs for each person makes it 75, 000 jabs. Now they want to vaccinate Thai students that travel. Now your looking at maybe 50,000 out of 3 million expats and those will go to people over 60 with underlining conditions. As it should . By the way. The US never made any agreement of 20 %. That was a Thai general that said that

won't it go to those registered on the website?

a lot of over 60s and/or those with underlying health conditions have already had the vaccine

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

I'm in nowhere Isaan and like I said earlier, I was approached and Thais helped me register. This was  3 weeks ago for a shot Aug 15.   I'm new to area - locked down here 6 months ago.

Just called me 3 hours ago and told me I could come today!!!

Not sure about all the details and I think they were a little unsure about what vaccine I would get.  It seems like I could wait for Pfiser on the 15th or come today.  Without any reservation, told the lady I would see her in a couple hours.  I really don't care what jab.  I've done my research with open eyes and other than the J&J which I don't completely understand, all are very effective after the second jab IMO.

My habit of not complaining with rare exceptions has served me well in Thailand and America.  Maybe this is why others help me when the sh@#!t hits the fan or when Thais think they might be able to make my life a little easier.  Most Thais, American, Germans, Brits  will lend a hand if it isn't too inconvenient and you don't act like an arrogant jerk.  

all are very effective after the second jab IMO? You obviously dont know why Healthcare workers are getting Pfizer or AZ  boosters. After 2 jabs of Sinovac     https://www.businessinsider.com/thailand-sinovac-astrazeneca-boosters-600-infected-2021-7 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

9 hours 40 minutes to go and counting.

A few days ago a minister or ministry official said that something would be announced to foreigners re their applications under the expatvac.com scheme on 10 or 11 -August. I assume nothing has been heard given the silence on the Thai News thread. Another promise to the weary falang about to be broken? We'll see.

13 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

won't it go to those registered on the website?

a lot of over 60s and/or those with underlying health conditions have already had the vaccine

I would think after you vaccinate the people over 60 with underlying heath conditions that are registered. Then I suspect they would vaccinate the elderly without underlying conditions

Just now, club said:

I would think after you vaccinate the people over 60 with underlying heath conditions that are registered. Then I suspect they would vaccinate the elderly without underlying conditions

In the dark red zone maybe. In the other parts of the country (50% of the Thai nation by population and increasingly exposed as the great repatriation wave continues) not a lot - more like very few and even less got the Astra Zeneca that the vulnerable were led to believe would be alloted!

3 hours ago, Eibot said:

There is no need to register. You're Thai and already in the database. I will bet my life savings that you will get a vaccine earlier than foreigners of your age. 

As stated earlier, foreigners my age have already registered. Thais are told "no vaccine, wait a couple of months" 

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As stated earlier, foreigners my age have already registered. Thais are told "no vaccine, wait a couple of months" 

As stated earlier you are already registered because you're a Thai national. We'll see who gets it first. My wife's whole family in Kalasin got theirs already (all Thai). 

1 minute ago, Eibot said:

As stated earlier you are already registered because you're a Thai national. We'll see who gets it first. My wife's whole family in Kalasin got theirs already (all Thai). 

They are lucky, I know no Thais in Khon Kaen who are healthy and under 60 who have got it. 

22 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Why do you choose to live in such a country?

I don't care who gets the donated vaccines as long as they are given to the people and not stolen by criminal politicians.

What goes on here in Thailand is not much different than the US. Politicians are crooks and thieves. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t panic, Medpark posted information in the queue today that clearly stated what vaccines would be administered to patients based upon age/health conditions.

The notice stated Pfizer for all over 60, those with the listed diseases and pregnant women.

I'll be 60 in 2029. Looking forward to my jabs...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, club said:

all are very effective after the second jab IMO? You obviously dont know why Healthcare workers are getting Pfizer or AZ  boosters. After 2 jabs of Sinovac     https://www.businessinsider.com/thailand-sinovac-astrazeneca-boosters-600-infected-2021-7 

Yes, aware of the data in the article.    After the second jab the odds of death are miniscule for an extremely healthy 54  year old " IMO ".  My idea of minimal risk are probably much different so by no means am I stating you are wrong.

Rough Odds using data from article: 

odds of being infected x odds of dying.  .1 (5x reported cases Thailand)x 1/618 ( death/infected hospital workers) = .00016   

My odds are comparably much lower than this.  I have a BMI of 20, low blood pressure, resting HR of 35, and regrettably no longer consume alcohol.  I exercise daily 1-2.5 hours.  

In a study of 100,000 people in S Korea  that just came out a few days ago confirms what many are saying.  Very active people are 60-75% less likely to die.  I would put myself in this group so below are my numbers.

.00016 x .4 = .000064 ( again - this assumes zero protection of being infected after Sinovac 2 jabs )

Regardless of my specific odds, 1 death out of 600 hospital workers,  shows Sinovac is preventing death comparable to the other vaccines.  Maybe I'm missing something.

S Korean Exercise impact on Covid-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0ZA8pZYs4

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't care who gets the donated vaccines as long as they are given to the people and not stolen by criminal politicians.

What goes on here in Thailand is not much different than the US. Politicians are crooks and thieves. 

Hmmmm...... I contacted MedPark to see if my Thai GF could get AZ since she would be with me this Friday when I get my Pfizer. MedParks' reply, seems to me they are doing right by the expat community doling out arguably the best xaccine on the planet at this time. No Gov is perfect but in this case their word is good

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from MedPark Hospital

For Thai nationality, right now MedPark is fully booked since June to October. We don’t have any additional bookings for Thai nationality due to fully booking.

Best regards,

Patient Access Officer

Phone: +66 2 023 3333

Email:   [email protected]

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'll be 60 in 2029. Looking forward to my jabs...

Understand something, vaccinating all the 60+ and those with underlying factors will reduce deaths by 90% and drastically reduce hospital care. What other priority makes more sense?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

Yes, aware of the data in the article.    After the second jab the odds of death are miniscule for an extremely healthy 54  year old " IMO ".  My idea of minimal risk are probably much different so by no means am I stating you are wrong.

Rough Odds using data from article: 

odds of being infected x odds of dying.  .1 (5x reported cases Thailand)x 1/618 ( death/infected hospital workers) = .00016   

My odds are comparably much lower than this.  I have a BMI of 20, low blood pressure, resting HR of 35, and regrettably no longer consume alcohol.  I exercise daily 1-2.5 hours.  

In a study of 100,000 people in S Korea  that just came out a few days ago confirms what many are saying.  Very active people are 60-75% less likely to die.  I would put myself in this group so below are my numbers.

.00016 x .4 = .000064 ( again - this assumes zero protection of being infected after Sinovac 2 jabs )

Regardless of my specific odds, 1 death out of 600 hospital workers,  shows Sinovac is preventing death comparable to the other vaccines.  Maybe I'm missing something.

S Korean Exercise impact on Covid-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0ZA8pZYs4

Resting Heart of 35. That's incredible. Never heard of it that low. How old are you?

Just now, club said:

Resting Heart of 35. That's incredible. Never heard of it that low. How old are you?

54 yo.  6 years ago when I was on the bike 15 hours a week it regularly dipped below 30.   It is uncommon but many endurance athletes are in the 30's.  I would estimate 5 beats can be attributed to focus and really isn't a resting HR.  If you are bored with nothing to do meditate to your heart beat and you will be surprised how much you can control it in a months time.   Stopped doing this years ago for some reason and really haven't tested it in a while.  It was 44 after lunch and a long run at the hospital the other day so 35 sounds about right.

14 minutes ago, atpeace said:

54 yo.  6 years ago when I was on the bike 15 hours a week it regularly dipped below 30.   It is uncommon but many endurance athletes are in the 30's.  I would estimate 5 beats can be attributed to focus and really isn't a resting HR.  If you are bored with nothing to do meditate to your heart beat and you will be surprised how much you can control it in a months time.   Stopped doing this years ago for some reason and really haven't tested it in a while.  It was 44 after lunch and a long run at the hospital the other day so 35 sounds about right.

That's great , I also cut my alcohol intake down and bought a treadmill 4 weeks ago. Run 3 miles a day and i have already seen a difference in BP. A month ago it was normally 144 over 90 average. Its now down to 125 over 75. I feel much better every day. I am 64. Like to get HR down a little more

• Like 2