Absolutely no mention of foreigners as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

webfact

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My God, I am Thai and not able to get an appointment, while moaning foreigners are getting jabbed, yet continually complain about everything. 

I suspect the moaning foreigners are making little if any effort to get jabbed, I certainly aren’t aware of any foreigners who have been jabbed moaning, before or after their injection.

I trust you’ll understand that when the US Government donated 1,500,000 doses of Pfizer to Thailand with the agreement 20% would be allocated to foreigners in Thailand some of those foreigners might get a vaccination.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, club said:

Complete Ignorance on the part of the useless US Embassy for believing anything Thai officials told them 

Pretty arrogant to believe that any of us is qualified to lecture the embassy staff on Thai politics.  They're playing chess, and you're kibitzing a game of checkers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Pretty arrogant to believe that any of us is qualified to lecture the embassy staff on Thai politics.  They're playing chess, and you're kibitzing a game of checkers.

They have never done anything for me. Don't trust either one of them. Makes me skeptical not arrogant. What have they done for you? We American are entitled to our opinion whether you like it or not

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect the moaning foreigners are making little if any effort to get jabbed, I certainly aren’t aware of any foreigners who have been jabbed moaning, before or after their injection.

I trust you’ll understand that when the US Government donated 1,500,000 doses of Pfizer to Thailand with the agreement 20% would be allocated to foreigners in Thailand some of those foreigners might get a vaccination.

150,000 is not 20% its 10% of 1.5 mil.  2 jabs for each person makes it 75, 000 jabs. Now they want to vaccinate Thai students that travel. Now your looking at maybe 50,000 out of 3 million expats and those will go to people over 60 with underlining conditions. As it should . By the way. The US never made any agreement of 20 %. That was a Thai general that said that

I'm waiting for Sylvester McMonkey McBean,

to rock up with his star-tling vaccination machine.

I'm not in a rush to go to the beaches,

like all my fellow expatriate Sneetches.

The Frankfurter Parties are way over rated,

so I'll wait till the queues have somewhat abated.

Astra Zenica, Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnsons times two,

not sure what I want, not sure what I'll do.

At the end of the day it's all a bit pointless,

Mother Nature rules the world, and man, is she dauntless.

When all this blows over, she's the one that will win,

and we'll realize what hysterical Sneetches we've been.

Apologies to the good Doctor.

• Like 1

I have a mate driving up to Bangkok this week for his pfizer shot at Medpark, would do the same but I am unable to travel that distance in a car so will be waiting till I can get a vaccine shot here in Surat Thani, already booked in for moderna at a private hospital as well as the latest govt one(as long as its not the chines one) they launched last week, will see which comes first

Edited by seajae

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Donated 3 mil not 1.5 mil.  First batch was 1.5 and second might be here now but not sure.

29 minutes ago, seajae said:

I have a mate driving up to Bangkok this week for his pfizer shot at Medpark, would do the same but I am unable to travel that distance in a car so will be waiting till I can get a vaccine shot here in Surat Thani, already booked in for moderna at a private hospital as well as the latest govt one(as long as its not the chines one) they launched last week, will see which comes first

2022 for Moderna

7 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Yes it will be interesting to hear from people out in the Provinces getting the vaccine seems to be all about Bangkok just now 

Will await with vested interest ????

I'm in nowhere Isaan and like I said earlier, I was approached and Thais helped me register. This was  3 weeks ago for a shot Aug 15.   I'm new to area - locked down here 6 months ago.

Just called me 3 hours ago and told me I could come today!!!

Not sure about all the details and I think they were a little unsure about what vaccine I would get.  It seems like I could wait for Pfiser on the 15th or come today.  Without any reservation, told the lady I would see her in a couple hours.  I really don't care what jab.  I've done my research with open eyes and other than the J&J which I don't completely understand, all are very effective after the second jab IMO.

My habit of not complaining with rare exceptions has served me well in Thailand and America.  Maybe this is why others help me when the sh@#!t hits the fan or when Thais think they might be able to make my life a little easier.  Most Thais, American, Germans, Brits  will lend a hand if it isn't too inconvenient and you don't act like an arrogant jerk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, JonnyF said:

In my experience, a verbal commitment from a Thai organization isn't worth the paper it isn't written on.

Since when does a verbal commitment require paper?

• Haha 2

Just now, Eibot said:

Comon. At least read the article before you sent it...

f you’re vaccinated, come to France. But only if you got one of the four EU-approved vaccines: Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. That works for Americans — as long as they can produce official proof of vaccination — but not for large swaths of the world like China and Russia where other vaccines are used.

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There is no registration where I live, Khon Kaen, unless over 60.

Foreigners under 60 have ways to register though. 

There is no need to register. You're Thai and already in the database. I will bet my life savings that you will get a vaccine earlier than foreigners of your age. 

53 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Yes it will be interesting to hear from people out in the Provinces getting the vaccine seems to be all about Bangkok just now 

Will await with vested interest ????

Maybe all the shipping ports are in Bangkok, i'm not sure though.

15 minutes ago, Bezdomny said:

Dont lie to yourself, if you live in TH long enough you would already know that farangs are 5 spots behind soi dog on hierarchy  scale.

Some Farangs are even lower on the scale.  I've been treated with respect 99%  of the time here.    Rich and poor Thais for the most part are cool but aren't perfect.  I have my bad moments but have the luxury of resolving my issues in private.  Many have it a little harder than us retired folks.

I think your statement is a more of an indicator of your specific challenges.  Not being a jerk but how is it every person I know that was respected back in there home country and respects others is almost never treated poorly.  Not including the sour shop owner or a person just having an awful day.  Some look at every interaction as a battle.  My encounters are pleasant or not so pleasant encounters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eibot said:

There is no need to register. You're Thai and already in the database. I will bet my life savings that you will get a vaccine earlier than foreigners of your age. 

he has 45 minutes to beat me. appointment 1 pm

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

f you’re vaccinated, come to France. But only if you got one of the four EU-approved vaccines: Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. That works for Americans — as long as they can produce official proof of vaccination — but not for large swaths of the world like China and Russia where other vaccines are used.

Students that are going to study in (let's say) France, are they tourist? 

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You clearly don't understand what a personal comment is. I neither construed nor alleged anything about your thoughts or feelings based on what you wrote. Simply commented on what you actually wrote which was this: 

"You are also free to keep your opinions to yourself about my personal feelings and better judgement!!! "

You shouldn't expect to be exempted from comments about what you actually write.

Clearly reading comprehension is not in your wheel house along with the inability to read between the lines.

Capture.JPG