Absolutely no mention of foreigners as Pfizer vaccine rollout begins

webfact

There are reports on Aseannow of foreigners receiving Pfizer shots as of now.

I made an appt a while ago before Pfizer was a choice.  They will not let me change from my AZ to Pfizer despite being earlier in line.

Edited by DrPhibes
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Pfizer vaccinations for foreigners started at 8am today at MedPark hospital in Bangkok.

I can confirm that hundreds of foreigners have arrived at MedPark to be vaccinated with Pfizer and the process is ongoing as I type this.

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

• Like 2

Definitely trying to calm public fears I think.

No mention that it was donated also while praising the government for it.

Impossible with the internet though.  Everyone can see the foibles of this corrupt and inept government trudging along in a fog of unaccountability.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WISteve said:

The lady is a little behind the times.  The US FDA has ammounced that the Pfizer vaccine can be kept at normal reefer temps after being thawed out and has a 30 day shelf life at that temp.

30 day shelf life isn't long enough to ensure they won't expire before everyone who got the first, will get their second if they thaw them out now since it's 4 weeks between doses. Very likely that Thailand will not be receiving any more Pfizer vaccine this year now that countries are starting to do 3rd shot boosters.

31 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

There are reports on Aseannow of foreigners receiving Pfizer shots as of now.

I made an appt a while ago before Pfizer was a choice.  They will not let me change from my AZ to Pfizer despite being earlier in line.

Same here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask, how these foreigners know that this vaccine was available at this hospital ,they must have pre-registered ,are they all Bangkok people .Thanks   

Some time after registration opened, Pfizer was listed as an option but only to later (new) registrees - earlier registrees have to keep to their original allotted vaccine type. MedPark do not specify 'Bangkok people' and they probably have Pfizer because they have newer, larger, more capable cold storage facilities. I wish I had registered later now but these cookies seem to crumble in a preset way.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2