Phuket tourist murder: Suspect has admitted everything, police chief thanks private sector for 200K donation

webfact

27 minutes ago, sapson said:

100k for his family, 100k for coffee fund and he does the agreed jail time before a quiet out of the press pardon and release.

They would normally struggle to find their boot laces within a week let alone solve a murder in a few days.

Superb police work instills such confidence along with the Phuket governors request for locals to stop murdering tourists.

Aren't most murders solved in few days if they are ever solved?  So they solve a murder and they are fools - strange. 

• Like 2

Can I say that this is absolute injustice on behalf of the accused. Where has been allowed to present his version of the events?

TOTAL THAI <deleted>. The rest of the would is watching at your absolutely lack if IQ. Thai Police need to be subjected to test. eg accepted 200,00 baht and more roses !!!!  How intelligent ||| 

This guy is a fall guy but all you do gooders don't understand that.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PadPrikKhing said:

It still smells bad to me simply because giving rewards to police could easily create an incentive for them to "solve the case" even if it were not actually solved—meaning the money could serve as a financial incentive to railroad someone in order to close the case quickly and keep the "reward" money. And I mean for police officers everywhere, not just Thailand. If they did this in the US, for example, I can visualize all kinds of false convictions set up by corrupt cops happening. For the same reason, you have to be careful about giving rewards to witnesses for information leading to arrests.

It's sad that they feel a need to donate money to the cops to get more action.  I know TIT and you have to pay to get some play.  Mercenaries are what they get. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PadPrikKhing said:

It still smells bad to me simply because giving rewards to police could easily create an incentive for them to "solve the case" even if it were not actually solved—meaning the money could serve as a financial incentive to railroad someone in order to close the case quickly and keep the "reward" money. And I mean for police officers everywhere, not just Thailand. If they did this in the US, for example, I can visualize all kinds of false convictions set up by corrupt cops happening. For the same reason, you have to be careful about giving rewards to witnesses for information leading to arrests.

Well stated and done without being a righteous fool.  I wonder if the money was given to an officer or the medical staff and the department.  The latter is less likely to promote bad convictions.

9 minutes ago, DaveC said:

If the Police acted with integrity, why did they take the 200,000 baht, Maybe to pay someone else ??

You really think they would give away 200k? Your conspiracies are not gaining any credibility.