Got my third Pfizer jab today

gargamon

I am in the US and have gotten 2 Pfizer doses. If we reach a point again where there are more vaccines than people who want them I am going to request this before I go back to Thailand. Assuming Thailand gets out of the lockdowns + rising caseload quagmire in the next 6 months.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 6:33 PM, john thom said:

Sooooooooo  I take it you're not in Thailand, but back in the U.S.?

Costco was a give away … Meanwhile, half a world away in Chiang Mai, Thailand this American sits at age 74 with heart issues, successfully registered on the Thai website recommended by the US Consulate in Chiang Mai awaiting a first shot from the Pfizer donation of vaccines by the US.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, wasabi said:

I am in the US and have gotten 2 Pfizer doses. If we reach a point again where there are more vaccines than people who want them I am going to request this before I go back to Thailand. Assuming Thailand gets out of the lockdowns + rising caseload quagmire in the next 6 months.

Why would you assume anything in or of Thailand, they dont have a clue what there doing

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

Costco was a give away … Meanwhile, half a world away in Chiang Mai, Thailand this American sits at age 74 with heart issues, successfully registered on the Thai website recommended by the US Consulate in Chiang Mai awaiting a first shot from the Pfizer donation of vaccines by the US.

Absolute crime what our government did to our citizens in Thailand.   We have PLENTY of vaccine here, with half the morons refusing to take it.   Yet, our government won't take care of our taxpaying citizens who helped pay for Warp Speed!!   It would take absolutely nothing to get everyone there fully vaccinated within a couple of months.

My wife and I were delayed coming back last year due to Covid.   We've both been Moderna vaxxed since March.  We are in the raging Florida hotspot, so happy to have them.  Neighbor got Moderna back in Feb.   Got Delta 3 weeks ago.  84 years old.....said he felt like he had a cold.  Guy has a heart valve, knee and hip replacements.....probably other things.   Saw him down at the pool today, looking chipper.   Absolutely slays me that if we had happened to return to Thailand, the US would abandon us.   Nuts.

Edited by madisongy

Why 3?  There is no research that I have seen that supports that you need 2 and a booster third so close together. There is some speculation around the medicos that a third, booster shot may be needed in western winter, or late next year,  What will you do then OP, have 4? 

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I am in bkk. But like you waited and waited

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

I am in bkk.

Like you i waited and waited after registration,then I heard the auto confirmation email service had crashed, So I just fronted up,no appointment and received my 1st Pfizer jab all under 1.5 hours with a 2nd appointment made for 3 weeks.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

I would wait for six months for my third shot.

That is my plan, get my 3rd shot prior to coming back to LOS in late November.. With all the Covid hotspots happening in Thailand now… I am not bragging or showing off… I just want to make sure I am equipped to stay safe and healthy…. my wife and Her family are all locked down at our home in HH… She could come here and get her vaccines… But would have to quarantine upon her return to LOS… We have already reserved and paid for the whole family to get Moderna in Q4… Best option for them at this point…. 

Makes us all here in Thailand say "SVB- smug vaccinated b" through gritted teeth. Doesn't matter how many jabs you get you can still spread the virus and continue to be a SVB! T shirts and Compulsory masks should be worn with 'SVB' clearly emblazoned on the front so everyone can steer clear!

6 hours ago, Skypirate said:

Did first jab Moderna Jan 14.

Second Moderna 11 Feb.

Did two week Quarn in BKK starting 14 Feb.

did 89 days with Wife and then left for six months work.

Got 3rd Moderna jab on 6 August.

Plan back Land of Fake Smiles in October for the Winter.

Have official Vaccine card that indicates three Moderna Jabs.

Did not cost anything.

Nobody questioned me about previous jabs.

Signs everywhere here adverting free Covid Jabs...no cost.

Conversely, Wife had to "pull a few strings" and drop a few BHT to get the SinoVac jab.

Do I feel guilty?   Hell yes.  

This is a global pandemic, not a local virus.  How do we bypass all the political <deleted> and get the Vaccine out to everyone without the upper crust of society's "skimming the take".  You can pull the "Thai-ism' string and get the upper crust vaccinated, but the virus will still be mutating and propagating within the unvaccinated.

"WE" as the self-elated, superior creature on this sphere do more to destroy ourselves than further mankind.

I am going to try and get a third dose Wed. . But it will be a triple sinovac.No one wants the sinovac where I live. I don't believe it is safe to mix them.  oh.... It is the Land of Smirks,  The land of smiles (fake) is long gone.

7 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

I  just    pray for the day other countries impose on Thais resident in those countries, the same rules, restrictions and limitations  as  farangs here have to suffer from.       In my   home country   Thais,  and any other  foreign person is  entitled to  free public hospital treatment,  full citizenship  after   some two years, or alternatively,  permanent residency visa after  two years,no  restrictions  at all,,  disability and  sick benefits if  unable to work, with no  time limits as to residency,, and age pension  after qualifying  period,  ei..  after 35 years  residence  a full pension, and  pro rata  for less  time,,, and that does not mean  living in  my country  full time, extended  holidays/ visits to ones  own country does not  count as   time lost.  Of course   employment in any occupation one   chooses and is  suitable for is OK, as is    ownership of land...    I see  Thais swanning around  driving expensive   cars, owning large homes,  getting free education for their kids  , I dont blame  them individually,  but I  curse the stupidity of my government, no matter  what party their  from. As for  inoculations for the  virus, its free, and its not chinese dishwater either.

Despite all the great benefits that your home country offers, you have chosen to come and live in Thailand, overcoming all the hurdles and hardships. 

Op would have been one of the few adult Male so called 'Men' survivors of the Titanic by sounds of it...

Why the world on the whole is sometimes a crappy place full of selfish people... Im alrite Jack - way to Go! Well done, you must be proud you got a Third jab ment for people at high risk what a Guy!!

Bet ya got shedloads of Toilet Rolls horded and Tin foodstuffs for ammegeddon too right!