Post to NSW Australia- Can any Aussies help here?

Scouse123

Can any Aussies be of assistance here who are in the know?

July 5th I sent some documents registered post with tracking to New South Wales in Australia and the same day I sent some to the UK.

The UK package arrived 10 days ago. My documents to Australia are registered as having left Suvarnabhumi on July 7th ' Outward OE ' that is what Thailand Post tracking is saying,and since then nothing. I sent both sets of documents at the same time and the same post office using the same method.

I am in a bit of a panic, they are important documents and I have contacted by email the firm I sent them to in Australia, but no answer from them as yet.

Is there a problem sending post to Australia at the moment or a big backlog?

Have you used the tracking in Auspost ? Have you tried contacting Auspost customer care by email, they usually answer within 48 hrs.

I have sent items with no apparent issue to several AU areas. Although Auspost do have a warning of possible delays to some areas.

Postal services all over the world are in a huge delay from many countries owing to fewer planes flying right now, not sure what happened to cargo planes though, so what used to take a week to or 10 days now takes a month or 2 to arrive and i'm one of those who waited for that long for a postal items to arrive...

• Like 1

NSW, Sydney has been in partial lockdown for 7 weeks now before a statewide lockdown this weekend commenced.

Australia Post also have "staggered" delivery service depending on the price paid for the article posted. I would however be checking with the Thai end as well as Australia Post.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Have you used the tracking in Auspost ? Have you tried contacting Auspost customer care by email, they usually answer within 48 hrs.

I have sent items with no apparent issue to several AU areas. Although Auspost do have a warning of possible delays to some areas.

Hi,

Just looked at Auspost and it wouldn't accept my code, I expected that bit!,  and when I checked the guidelines it stated that Auspost could not track international registered post.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

NSW, Sydney has been in partial lockdown for 7 weeks now before a statewide lockdown this weekend commenced.

Australia Post also have "staggered" delivery service depending on the price paid for the article posted. I would however be checking with the Thai end as well as Australia Post.

Thanks,

I will go to Thailand post office tomorrow.

As I say it was been stuck on the following message since 15.20pm on July 7th saying:-

SUVARNABHUMI Departure from MAIL CENTRE Outward OE

3 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I had a letter from a government department.probably sent from Canberra . It took 6 weeks to reach me.  It was posted in June

Thanks, so mine could just be held up as I am now 5 weeks.

• Like 1

I'm in Sydney, lots of restrictions on flights, workers, local travel to attend work and more. A case of wait and hope in a pandemic. Pity scanning documents didn't work as I used this when stuck in Thailand to get paperwork to Australia when postal delays. Wait a week, look for alternatives.

46 minutes ago, malt25 said:

If it were me I'd be calling Aust. post. I realize an expensive call but if docs are that important might be worth the call.

I have already been online to Aus post but it says it cannot track international registered post. That is why today I am going to Thailand post to see if they can help.

Also, I am awaiting a response from the company I sent the documents to to see if they have arrived, because it makes sense to me, that if Aus post can't track the post, they won't know if it has arrived or not.

Thanks anyway,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haveasay said:

I'm in Sydney, lots of restrictions on flights, workers, local travel to attend work and more. A case of wait and hope in a pandemic. Pity scanning documents didn't work as I used this when stuck in Thailand to get paperwork to Australia when postal delays. Wait a week, look for alternatives.

Hi,

I already scanned the documents and sent them to Australia in advance as a back up, but they stated they want original copies.

aussie post do not log in overseas tracking numbers and havent for a few years, it was a cost savings thing they did to boost profits and give the head honcho running it a huge bonus. I send items regularly to Australia and they can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months plus to arrive, aussie post has become a real garbage postal service after being one of the best in the world. Even if you try checking through local post offices in Australia they still cant tell you where they are with any certainty, they can just sit in the post office for weeks even after saying they have found them as I have found out a few times, not much you can really do about it unfortunately

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, ezzra said:

Postal services all over the world are in a huge delay from many countries owing to fewer planes flying right now, not sure what happened to cargo planes though, so what used to take a week to or 10 days now takes a month or 2 to arrive and i'm one of those who waited for that long for a postal items to arrive...

Not necessarily always the case, 5 days RM from UK to a Bangkok address two weeks ago, 11 days USPS Portland to Bangkok three days ago.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:48 PM, Scouse123 said:

Thanks,

I will go to Thailand post office tomorrow.

As I say it was been stuck on the following message since 15.20pm on July 7th saying:-

SUVARNABHUMI Departure from MAIL CENTRE Outward OE

That means that it has left Thailand and TP will probably just suggest that you check with the Australian authorities now that it is out of their jurisdiction.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That means that it has left Thailand and TP will probably just suggest that you check with the Australian authorities now that it is out of their jurisdiction.

I  finally got an email response from the company after sending an email, they say they have received the documents even though on the Thailand post website it just says Outward OE.

Never mind, at least they have now confirmed receiving them.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2021 at 10:21 AM, malt25 said:

If it were me I'd be calling Aust. post. I realize an expensive call but if docs are that important might be worth the call.

You don't need to make expensive calls...I was on the phone with Bankwest a few weeks ago and paid $1.06 AUD for 25 minutes call with Skype.

I use Skype cards to load my account, they sell them in Woolies and Coles from time to time with 50% off,  and the credit once loaded does not expire. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I  finally got an email response from the company after sending an email, they say they have received the documents even though on the Thailand post website it just says Outward OE.

Good, panic over, then!   

I'm sure that to provide information on their tracking site, once items have left Thailand (Outward OE), Thailand Post would be reliant on co-operation and tracking information from Australia Post.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gearbox said:

You don't need to make expensive calls...I was on the phone with Bankwest a few weeks ago and paid $1.06 AUD for 25 minutes call with Skype.

By not using the international "001", Dtac (004) and TrueMoveH both offer reduced rates to Australian numbers, B7 per minute with Dtac, at the moment also.

I was going to send a document to NSW yesterday, then thought that might be a long delay so emailed my daughter after scanning the document and attaching it as a pdf file and said to her fax it to this number please and then send it to this address, thanks.

She confirmed that she faxed it and sent it, suffice to say, helps if you have someone there, also understand that some might want the originals but with months of potential delays, scanning, uploading and emailing to someone there to fax and then send sounds like common sense in today's times (pandemic).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was going to send a document to NSW yesterday, then thought that might be a long delay so emailed my daughter after scanning the document and attaching it as a pdf file and said to her fax it to this number please and then send it to this address, thanks.

She confirmed that she faxed it and sent it, suffice to say, helps if you have someone there, also understand that some might want the originals but with months of potential delays, scanning, uploading and emailing to someone there to fax and then send sounds like common sense in today's times (pandemic).

I am on your side with this. As I said earlier I had already sent them the documents by email after scanning them.

I don't mind telling you I was actually dealing with the company Kordamentha accountants in NSW, and they are absolute sticklers for what they required, how they wanted it sent otherwise they won't send me the money I am due.

The documents included certified copies of my passport, driving licence, yellow book and recent bank statement. So, they insisted on certified copies being sent by snail mail and they don't seem to care about the difficulties that involves dealing with the postal system to Australia in a pandemic.

Common sense??, that's the problem in dealing with officialdom, it's not common!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Good, panic over, then!   

I'm sure that to provide information on their tracking site, once items have left Thailand (Outward OE), Thailand Post would be reliant on co-operation and tracking information from Australia Post.

Yes,

And they say on their website that they don't do it.

As you say, panic over as they have got them now. If it happens again, I will bite the bullet and DHL anything and then it's done!

14 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I am on your side with this. As I said earlier I had already sent them the documents by email after scanning them.

I don't mind telling you I was actually dealing with the company Kordamentha accountants in NSW, and they are absolute sticklers for what they required, how they wanted it sent otherwise they won't send me the money I am due.

The documents included certified copies of my passport, driving licence, yellow book and recent bank statement. So, they insisted on certified copies being sent by snail mail and they don't seem to care about the difficulties that involves dealing with the postal system to Australia in a pandemic.

Common sense??, that's the problem in dealing with officialdom, it's not common!

I hear you, reminds me of when a certain bank in Oz who I had 4 mortgages with over 20 years as a customer, sent me an email advising me that under the new Anti Money Laundering Act, I had to now supply them with certified copies of my address in Thailand and it can be done by a JP, I said nope, no JP's here, what about a notary, I said yes plenty of them about, but at $90 AUS to sign a single document, not worth me wasting the $'s on them, i.e. unless you want to pay for it, no they said, so I said well I'm in Oz in a couple of months and can get a JP witness my Thai drivers license that has my address on it, and my pink ID card, as long as they have your address in English we will accept them after they are certified by a JP they said, ok, I will send them to you when I am in Oz then, ok, we have made a note on your file.

Got to Oz, did what they wanted and sent it to them, a year later they said they needed certified copies of my address in Thailand, I said I have already provided you with that, yes but we need a Street or Road address to match on Google Maps, in the bush which is where I live in a village, they go by the house number then the number after the / is the village number, then the village name followed after that number, then the district, then the sub district, then the province, sorry not good enough they said, well then I will just have to transfer my funds into another Australian account I have which has my Thai address which they accepted and send my statements to my PO Box in Sydney, and I suppose I could get my daughter to get a JP to witness the original and send that to you, yes we will accept that, I said nah, it's the same address that I gave you on my Thai drivers license and Thai ID card certified by a JP, so I will transfer the money I have into the other bank account that I have, they haven't annoyed me like you have, then I hung up the phone, transferred the funds and have never looked back.

I know all about the BS that goes on back in Aus, a bit like here, but I ended up having the control stick this time, and damn it felt good, at a push of a button, I wiped them ????

• Like 1