Any news, updates on Domestic flights?

TaaiTaai

Hi,

Firts post here so bear with me pls. Also not sure if this correct forum sub, since it can also go to covid-19, general, news ... etc, so hopefully mods will place it there where it gains most exposure to readers.

Is there any news yet about Domestic Air Travel? I understand the reasoning behind the ban, don't travel for pleasure. I'm travelling out and away from Thailand for a while and need to get to BKK (or DMK). Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lampang are all viable options to depart. So far, my understanding is that the only options are Taxi, minivan or self drive. Why isn't there 1 flight every 2-3 days for individuals that can show Int. outbound travel ???

Anyway ... thx for the replies!

TT

At the moment due to the Covid thingy only birds are allowed to fly save for special charted flights for sandbox tourists Phuket to Bkk, and so the case with long distances tour buses and minivans,

as more lockdown looming on the horizon due to very large number of infected people, don't plan on using airplanes to travel... but keep checking for changes...

• Haha 1

I am in the same sinking ship.  Bangkok Airways is selling tickets for late August and Thai Smile is also selling tickets starting August 20(?????).  Air Asia has canceled all domestic flights until August 31.  I too have an international flight out of BKK in less than 2 weeks and I am in CNX.  At this time it looks like I will have to spend between 7,000 to 10,000 baht for a "ride" to BKK.  This is outrageous because my Thai Smile one way from CNX to BKK was 900 Baht.  TIT, 555 and once I leave I am seeing fewer and fewer reasons to come back to the Land of Smiles(also did ASQ once in BKK this year and doubt I want to do it again).  Good luck to all those who have to travel domestically because you will need it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

I am in the same sinking ship.  Bangkok Airways is selling tickets for late August and Thai Smile is also selling tickets starting August 20(?????).  Air Asia has canceled all domestic flights until August 31.  I too have an international flight out of BKK in less than 2 weeks and I am in CNX.  At this time it looks like I will have to spend between 7,000 to 10,000 baht for a "ride" to BKK.  This is outrageous because my Thai Smile one way from CNX to BKK was 900 Baht.  TIT, 555 and once I leave I am seeing fewer and fewer reasons to come back to the Land of Smiles(also did ASQ once in BKK this year and doubt I want to do it again).  Good luck to all those who have to travel domestically because you will need it.  

Save the angst and uncertainty - have someone drive you down. 

• Like 1

The only flight is the Chiang Mai to Utapao as mentioned above.  Some airlines are booking flights later this month but I heard that all of the current restrictions may be extended including the grounding of domestic flights.  The decision should be made tomorrow (Monday 16 August).

• Like 1

I think i read on a previous thread not long ago that their was still one bus a day from Cnx to Bkk.

Might be worth enquiring, could be a great saving.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on when you are going.

As I mentioned , Nok Air has flights a few days a week from CNX to Pattaya (UTP) .  From there, it is less then 90 minutes to BKK airport.

The flights seem to run around 3,000 b.  Add, around 1200 to the airport.  I personally would not hesitate as obviously, it will be much quicker then sitting in a car for about 10 hours.

Edited by bkk6060

As usual "things are never clear" in LOS.  Bangkok Airways canceled all domestic flight for August 2021.  The only exceptions are certain flights for Phuket Sandbox and certain medical cargo type flights.  On the other hand Thai Smile is still accepting bookings for flights starting on August 20???  Bangkok Air said they have canceled flight to comply with government orders.  Thai Smile said they have to "confirm" the order before they cancel???

I need to go from CNX to BKK next week and I have a booking on Thai Smile and it looks they are going to string me along until the bitter end.  I have thought about the Nok Air to UTP option but at this point I want to keep things simple and take the 10 hours ride by myself.  This appears to offer the least amount of contact with other people.  Anyone on TVF have any other ideas as to how to get to BKK from CNX?

• Like 1

Thx to all for the responses, and for adding personal / upcoming issues ...

I'm leaving CM on the 29th in the AM by car rental to BKK city, aiming to arrive at Airbnb or friends before curfew to safe the hassle of that. Will do a test early morning on 30th in BKK, that I can pick in the evening, so I can make my flight departing at midnight, with enough time left on the PCR certificate.

Seems to be the most favourable for my situation, and definitely price wise when considering all the add ons with flights and extra days in BKK since flights aren't daily.

Also least amount of contact with people, with regards to boarding a boarding a plane and going through 2 extra airports, before I'm on the Int. outbound flight. This, to be fair, is the main reason for driving myself ... putting my faith in the hands of taxi / minivan / tourbus is no option ... I'd rather cancel everything and wait it out, before doing that. Just my opinion of course.

Good luck to all, stay safe, stay connected!   

As usual "things are never clear" in LOS.  Bangkok Airways canceled all domestic flight for August 2021.  The only exceptions are certain flights for Phuket Sandbox and certain medical cargo type flights.  On the other hand Thai Smile is still accepting bookings for flights starting on August 20???  Bangkok Air said they have canceled flight to comply with government orders.  Thai Smile said they have to "confirm" the order before they cancel???

I need to go from CNX to BKK next week and I have a booking on Thai Smile and it looks they are going to string me along until the bitter end.  I have thought about the Nok Air to UTP option but at this point I want to keep things simple and take the 10 hours ride by myself.  This appears to offer the least amount of contact with other people.  Anyone on TVF have any other ideas as to how to get to BKK from CNX?

They still have a bus from CM to BKK twice a day