Thai police clash with protesters near PM's residence

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Other political groups, including some of Prayuth's former allies, are now joining the protests as the country struggles to cope with its worst wave of COVID-19, with many blaming the government's handling of the crisis.

Loyalties sometimes change when it hits the pocket.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The videos posted on my fb of the police violently pushing people off passing motorbikes and breaking car windshields with batons of people sat peacefully I would say is NOT maintaining public order in any way - just mindless violence by thugs dressed in uniforms.

Before long the rubber bullets become harder.

And another Myanmar starts.

Why not put the vaccine in the water cannons?

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

After successive, "incompetent" administrations, it doesn't seem to make a difference who is in charge. It a rinse and repeat cycle ending everytime with allegations of nepotism, corruption and lack of economic progress. The old guard is replaced by a new guard and the same old Thai politics adjusts and horse trading enters a new phase. The people deserve better but I wonder if that is ever going to be attainable. Having said that just look at some other administrations around the world ..... sound familiar?

Well said, and for Thailand just who is it that they have standing in the wings ready to step in? 

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The videos posted on my fb of the police violently pushing people off passing motorbikes and breaking car windshields with batons of people sat peacefully I would say is NOT maintaining public order in any way - just mindless violence by thugs dressed in uniforms.

link?

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

There is a very simple solution call another General Election but this time allow political observers from around the world to watch and report there findings ,no stitch ups or brown envelopes let the people decide who they want to govern one thing is for sure it won’t be the current administration 

Good idea but dream on, 60% of the government have to be army so it won't make any difference.

It’s obvious During these demonstrations Thai police will do everything in their power to Incite the protesters to break the law to enable them to use force. This will help Prayut to stay longer in office If these demonstrators can be shown to be blatantly committing offences. In days gone by around the world, army dictators have been ousted from government not being the preferred modern status quo to run any countries given that mostly they’re so corrupt it’s laughable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kennw said:

Well said, and for Thailand just who is it that they have standing in the wings ready to step in? 

Yes about 8 posts above yours I was thinking much the same.  ..cha cha out but who is standing in the wings eh ? If the one still waiting is not ex army we stand a bit of a chance.  I say ' We ' not that I have any say .