Thailand road carnage: Driver escapes death pictured hugging dead friend in wreckage of pick-up

webfact

2 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Why? That's why ---> I don´t know any Thai driver that are looking at FB while driving, and I have over 10 years of experience. How come? Are you just too unlucky?

You are just another one that believe everyone does, just because you read in the news. Ignored!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

six wheel truck that was performing a U-Turn.

I'm not saying who is at fault here, since I don't know, but should six wheel trucks be allowed to U-Turn? It's already dangerous enough with a car as it is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

You are just another one that believe everyone does, just because you read in the news. Ignored!

What a stupid thing to say... You aren't with me or anyone else on here at the times we actually see it with our own eyes!!!

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It doesn't have to be all of them, just a few to make life dangerous. Are you claiming none of them do it? 

No, are you claiming none do it in your home country? Maybe you just feel happy complaining over other people in other countries. Your own poop don´t smell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

What a stupid thing to say... You aren't with me or anyone else on here at the times we actually see it with our own eyes!!!

Ok, just because you se it here, it do not exist where you come from? I guess you just feel nice complaining over people in the country you chosen to live in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

worst worldwide road death stats. deriving from culture. 

literally little concept of a systematic rule-based safe defensive “complete focus” driving approach.

asian fatalistic karma philosophy; only “now” matters; no loss prevention; never mind, will be reborn.

(note: certain emotional member here pissing off everybody …..again.)

Thailand's driving chaos is deep rooted in their culture but don't drag the whole Asia into your slur. 

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, just because you se it here, it do not exist where you come from? I guess you just feel nice complaining over people in the country you chosen to live in.

This forum isn't about the country "I come from".

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

This forum isn't about the country "I come from".

No, but you should take a look at that before putting a stamp on other people in other countries. Just a tip, it looks much better on you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Maybe he does or not. One thing we can be sure of is that you are full of arrogance.

I don´t know any Thai driver that are looking at FB while driving, and I have over 10 years of experience. How come? Are you just too unlucky?

You have got to be kidding...it is an obsession, they cant leave their dammned devices alone!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, but you should take a look at that before putting a stamp on other people in other countries. Just a tip, it looks much better on you.

Oh is that what I should do? And looks much better on me to who, you? Since when do I need your approval for my personal thoughts and opinions?

U-turn infrastructure is the worst infrastructure you can have.

1. Difficult to asses speed of oncoming vehicles by the driver waiting to turn due to the head on angle he is viewing.

2. Having to accelerate whilst turning right from a stop into approaching traffic which can be averaging 27.7 metres per sec at 100km/per/hour.

3. Other vehicles who also attempt the u-turn by coming around on your left side.

4. Many times they will put up street furniture making looking to to your left very difficult.

5. Many of the larger vehicles do not have a small enough turning circle to be able to choose the best lane to go to in an emergency. Eg your underestimate the speed of a car and see it going into the left lane and you are trying to stop in the right lane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regardles what the actual cause was, there is one thing certain, that is one hell of an impact for a small pick up to topple a much bigger truck on to it's side - High speed on the part of the pick up driver is a certainty!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What has my country got to do with discussing Thailand and it's road carnage...a country with the worst standard of driving on the planet? That is called misdirection. I am discussing the place where I live and have for a long time. And why bring poop into it, what are you 12?

24 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Oh is that what I should do? And looks much better on me to who, you? Since when do I need your approval for my personal thoughts and opinions?

What ever makes you two happy! Just continue the bashing. Must be a miserable life. ????

Sad, very sad. My condolences to the families. Looking at the mess it's amazing that the driver escaped serious injury. The OP says the PU hit the back of the truck but we all know what rule applies but no good speculating...won't bring the young ladies back to life.

2 hours ago, itsari said:

Speed must of been high to manage that scale of damage .

Really cant blame u turns . One drives to the condition of the roads at the time  . There are warning signs that there are u turns ahead .

Hard for the driver to live his life with any satisfaction after the death of his three friends .

But will it slow him down or take more care?

• Like 1