Vaccine passport or proof of vaccination for overseas travel - anyone got this ?

Andrew Dwyer

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

I'm going with the International Certificate of Vaccination (the famous yellow book), which is very widely used and recognised all around the world. The latest version has a page specifically for Covid-19 vaccines. I've been told that the hospital will enter the relevant data in it after I receive my second shot, as well as giving me the Thai proof of vaccination. I got my new yellow book from Amazon.co.uk, it cost less than a fiver, and had it sent to me here.

IMG20210816115508.thumb.jpg.59574cfd54257be18c61c70c43f1a996.jpg

I am not sure that would be recognised. The ones officially supplied by hospitals or the WHO does not have anything written about Covid on the front. It looks to me like someone is just providing counterfeits. However, if the info, signature and hospital stamp are genuine, it may be ok to use but no more than any certificate provided by a hospital in Thailand after you get their second Vax. No harm in having both though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rwill said:

This is the top of the form you get after your second vaccination.  It shows information on what shots you received lower down on it.

a certificate.jpg

Thanks a lot. Hope we get some type of digital version someday or is the QR Code used for something good?

A paper is easy to loose ???? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Card said:

I am not sure that would be recognised. The ones officially supplied by hospitals or the WHO does not have anything written about Covid on the front. It looks to me like someone is just providing counterfeits. However, if the info, signature and hospital stamp are genuine, it may be ok to use but no more than any certificate provided by a hospital in Thailand after you get their second Vax. No harm in having both though.

My card specifically says it's for a covid jab. Even shows the lot numbers. But it's from the cdc.

Sure wish they'd get their act together and come out with a secure digital vaccine record.

2 hours ago, burner2014 said:

Thanks a lot. Hope we get some type of digital version someday or is the QR Code used for something good?

A paper is easy to loose ???? 

The QR code contains the address on the MOPH website where the owners details are stored.  Up to you how much you trust it to be available exactly when you need it.

Similar to a passport and other essential documents, I would have scanned copies on my phone, laptop, email etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

My card specifically says it's for a covid jab. Even shows the lot numbers. But it's from the cdc.

Sure wish they'd get their act together and come out with a secure digital vaccine record.

Jeffr2, have you tried to get back into the Phuket Sandbox, or at least applied for COE with the CDC card from Walgreens?  I literally just yesterday flew into Rhode Island from Thailand, got my Jannsen one-and-done vaccine at Stop and Shop about 5 hours after landing.  They would only give me the CDC card (Can buy these on Facebook in the USA for $5, and just make a fake one.   Ridiculous!)   Planning to go to Sandbox around 19th September, well past 2 weeks.

Regarding your travels to France, the pharmacist mentioned that one of his customers was not able to enter France with his CDC card, and had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the Rhode Island Dept. of Health official form apparently.

Would much appreciate reporting back on your experiences!

7 hours ago, sncoem said:

yes travelling now is a perfect good idea ❤️

To each their own.  I haven't been home for 2 years, stuck in now hell-hole Thailand since end of 2019.  I'm a very healthy 42 year old with literally no chance for a decent vaccine (still waiting on response for the donated Pfizer I registered for.  At least tell me NO, you can't have it!)  I don't consider Astra to be decent, was offered one shot of this already, and also will take months to get a 2nd dose where I would be allowed to go home, visit family and come back to work without having to sit in hotel jail for 14-15 days.

Flying home now was the best option for me.  Company paid business class, was able to stay away from others for the full 30+ hour trip in business lounges and separated seats on the flight (Emirates).   Boarding the aircraft in Dubai was the most risky part, everyone bunching together to get on the flight and no organization from the staff.  Other than that it was VERY easy to socially distance.

Edited by n8sail
  • Like 2

Here in OZ, as Medicare (FED. Govt.) is paying for your jabs, your details are recorded..  then after receiving the 2nd jab you just go to their website to download your COVID VAX CERTIFICATE to your PC or "wallet" in your phone. 

You then can have a paper copy in your Leather wallet, and a digital copy in your phone's 'My Wallet App". 

QANTAS yesterday announced that all its air crew MUST be vaccinated by November so there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as travelling again without the need to wear a face mask on-board..  although maybe the flight attendants will keep wearing them for some time..  for safety (and P.R.).  

Traveling is even for fully vaccinated persons more then tricky with wildly differing rules round Europe each country in the bloxk has different rules. Maybe things will become clearer with time.

Take France for example

Only vaccines authorised by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted, i.e. Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen),” the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs points out.

In order to be eligible to enter France as a vaccinated person, the traveller must be fully vaccinated, which means:

• At least 14 days have passed since the second shot for two-shot vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca)
  • At least four weeks have passed after the shot for one-shot vaccines (Johnson & Johnson)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm forecasting a trainwreck with the CDC form, since anyone with a laser printer, a ballpoint pen, a sample to copy and some heavy card stock could easily duplicate them.  I'm chuckling at the Americans being arrested for selling counterfeits for hundreds of dollars.  Actually laughing at anyone paying that for a card that can be duplicated for $0.10 worth of cardstock on a laser.  Not so much at anyone who can trick them into paying...  PT Barnum and all.

I'm one of those wingnut folks that believe a vaccine passport is just another slide down that slippery slope that started after 9/11.  Losing more and more of our freedoms for the illusion of security.  Many states have outlawed them, and I salute the ones that have.

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm forecasting a trainwreck with the CDC form, since anyone with a laser printer, a ballpoint pen, a sample to copy and some heavy card stock could easily duplicate them.  I'm chuckling at the Americans being arrested for selling counterfeits for hundreds of dollars.  Actually laughing at anyone paying that for a card that can be duplicated for $0.10 worth of cardstock on a laser.  Not so much at anyone who can trick them into paying...  PT Barnum and all.

I'm one of those wingnut folks that believe a vaccine passport is just another slide down that slippery slope that started after 9/11.  Losing more and more of our freedoms for the illusion of security.  Many states have outlawed them, and I salute the ones that have.

Yeah, this is going to be an issue.   You're likely going to need secondary verification in many places but IMO they aren't going to standardize it right away.   Just look at all the states actively blocking vaccine apps/passports.   I'd hold on to things like photos of you being vaccinated, receipts of any kind you can get from your vaccine provider to at least show you were there, if you traveled to get vaccinated: keep proof of that travel, etc.  "Deine papiere, bitte!" days may be on the horizon. 

41 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm forecasting a trainwreck with the CDC form

I wouldn't call it a trainwreck, but yes, forgeries are widely available in the U.S. for $50.

More than a few anti-vaxxers (American) have used a fake CDC card to get a CoE and have arrived in Phuket.

In essence, any vaccination proof would have to be as secure as a passport and that is probably years away. For now, just research what is needed for your trip, and if it can be obtained here. That silly yellow book is worthless, vaccination proof issued by the MoPH or hospital is probably far more acceptable.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

What about the freedom of those who've been vaccinated?  The freedom not to be around wingnuts who don't want the jab?

This has nothing to do with personal freedoms and everything to do with community safety. And trying to get the world back to normal.

Stop watching the right wing media outlets. Please. Some are trying to make this political just to get reelected. And putting our lives at risk. Shame on them.

Worth a read.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/10/vaccination-mandates-are-american-apple-pie/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_opinions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, driver52 said:

so what exactly will you do with that? r u a US citizen?

bon voyage!

Yes, a US citizen. It's a digital passport that's now being required in some European countries. Just show it and you can get into secured facilities. Easy.

12 hours ago, n8sail said:

Jeffr2, have you tried to get back into the Phuket Sandbox, or at least applied for COE with the CDC card from Walgreens?  I literally just yesterday flew into Rhode Island from Thailand, got my Jannsen one-and-done vaccine at Stop and Shop about 5 hours after landing.  They would only give me the CDC card (Can buy these on Facebook in the USA for $5, and just make a fake one.   Ridiculous!)   Planning to go to Sandbox around 19th September, well past 2 weeks.

Regarding your travels to France, the pharmacist mentioned that one of his customers was not able to enter France with his CDC card, and had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the Rhode Island Dept. of Health official form apparently.

Would much appreciate reporting back on your experiences!

We won't be back until cases are down and things are opening up. Just too depressing there right now.

Be careful with fakes!  If you get caught, the consequences are dire. A few have been black listed from Thailand.

Easy to travel in and around Europe. Perhaps your friend didn't do the online application properly? It's easy, but mandatory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/2-travelers-who-used-fake-vaccine-cards-enter-canada-u-n1275750

• Like 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

A very good read. Ignore what the opinion nuts on TV are saying.

https://qz.com/2042743/do-mandatory-vaccines-violate-human-rights/