Vaccine passport or proof of vaccination for overseas travel - anyone got this ?

Andrew Dwyer

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Back on Topic and steering away from the Anti-vax nut-job diversion... 

IATA have been trialing a their 'IATA Travel Pass’ which is currently only available by invitation (I’m not sure why).... 

This is an App on a Smart phone, but I’m not sure how it works. My guess is that Proof of vaccination (or a valid reason why you can’t be vaccinated) is submitted, and the App presents your ‘travel status’.

Currently I’m holding Vaccination Certification from the Middle East which is good enough to get me into Thailand. But, a Thai equivalent is (regardless of vaccine) is not sufficient to get me into the Middle East without undergoing a 1 week quarantine period. 

Well, we can keep trying to steer away from the anti-vax nutjob diversion...

The IATA Travel Pass looks an interesting idea, but part of the process, according to their video, relies on the government (presumably the Thai government if you're in Thailand) issuing a digital vaccine certificate - so I think it extremely unlikely that it will work for us any time soon, but you never know.

IATA - IATA Travel Pass for Travelers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Well, we can keep trying to steer away from the anti-vax nutjob diversion...

The IATA Travel Pass looks an interesting idea, but part of the process, according to their video, relies on the government (presumably the Thai government if you're in Thailand) issuing a digital vaccine certificate - so I think it extremely unlikely that it will work for us any time soon, but you never know.

IATA - IATA Travel Pass for Travelers

Yes agreed, every country needs/needed to get on board with some standard way of identifying proof of vaccination and the IATA sounds like a good idea but gets some pretty bad reviews on the Apple Store.

With a lot of vaccine under the bridge already it’s going to be a mess if Thailand Immigration decides to determine entry restrictions ( ASQ or self isolation etc etc ) on proof of vaccination. Imagine all the different vaccinations certificates from EU, U.K., US, Middle East, South America etc.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, driver52 said:

the alternative being?

The alternative being that there are lots of very healthy 42 year olds on ventilators in ICU that haven't had 'the not fully tested vaccine'  (to quote you).

YOU obviously won't be getting the 'not fully tested vaccine'  and are prepared to run the gauntlet.

Good luck with that! 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:30 PM, richard_smith237 said:

IATA have been trialing a their 'IATA Travel Pass’ which is currently only available by invitation (I’m not sure why).... 

It seems to be difficult to upload vaccination data to the IATA pass (possibly due to the endless number of national vaccine passports and the difficulty of varying these data). If you have a EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) or UK NHS COVID pass you can now upload it to the IATA pass app

https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/2021-releases/2021-08-19-012/.

But what happens if you arrive in Europe with a sheet from a hospital and/or the 50 Baht Thai COVID vaccination passport (assuming that they have let you board in the first place). After arrival they scan the QR code and then get something like 'website not available'. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 8:38 PM, rwill said:

Here is more of the document:

So did we all just get assigned 13-digit Thai ID numbers?

I too have a 6nnnnnnnnnnnn number on my MoPH vaccination paperwork.

from rwill's earlier post...

moph_id no.jpg

Edited by mtls2005

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I too have a 6nnnnnnnnnnnn number on my MoPH vaccination paperwork.

from rwill's earlier post...

moph_id no.jpg

Yes, it would appear so, I also got a 13 digit id number similar to above on my vax paperwork . With no yellow book or Thai tax code I was surprised to see it.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:45 PM, rwill said:

This is the top of the form you get after your second vaccination.  It shows information on what shots you received lower down on it.

a certificate.jpg

So you had coronavac:) Really you should have deleted the QR code:) That is your vaccination record. 

On 8/18/2021 at 6:05 PM, burner2014 said:

Thanks a lot. Hope we get some type of digital version someday or is the QR Code used for something good?

A paper is easy to loose ???? 

The QR code is your vaccination record on the MoPH website. 

On 8/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, impulse said:

Get back to me when you have some long term results...  Maybe 3 or 4 years.  Until then, it's hubris.

What ingredients in the vaccine concern you re: long term effects? You do realise that the body destroys all components of the vaccine within 2 weeks. 

Juat take your chances with natural immunity then. Indeed, natutal immunity is the way to go if you want to risk it with infection. You will get a broader level of immunity to the virus. Vaccines only attach the spike protein, while natural immunity attacks all other proteins of the virus. 

However, it's looking like the best approach is to get full vaccination (this reduces the chance of death / hospitalisation, and then natural infection following that (as opposed to a booster shot). 

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:
On 8/19/2021 at 8:11 AM, impulse said:

Get back to me when you have some long term results...  Maybe 3 or 4 years.  Until then, it's hubris.

What ingredients in the vaccine concern you re: long term effects? You do realise that the body destroys all components of the vaccine within 2 weeks. 

I'll let you know in 3-4 years.  History is full of unexpected consequences that came back and bit people in the butt.

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'll let you know in 3-4 years.  History is full of unexpected consequences that came back and bit people in the butt.

But history is not full of global pandemics like this killing millions. Guaranteed, the vaccine is the safer choice.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

History is also full of epidemics and pandemics which have killed people. 

I wonder how many of those who are refusing to poison their body with this vaccine turn a blind eye when it comes to other ‘stuff’ they put into their body, medication, process foods, KFC etc with all the hormones, plants grown with pesticides etc.

I get that some people have concerns about possible the long term risk, but have they balanced this risk against other factors of their life?

Its very easy to be vocal against something such as a covid-19 vaccine because people are playing on their fears, but for some reason other risk factors of peoples lives have become so normalised they don’t notice them... 

.... it seems to be the health equivalent of being penny wise and pound foolish.

42 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

But history is not full of global pandemics like this killing millions. Guaranteed, the vaccine is the safer choice.

Actually it is... which is why we have a Flu Vaccine...  measles vaccines, MMR, Typhoid, polio etc... all of these diseases which have in the past and can reach epidemic levels if not mitigated against. 

1980 - 2.6 million people died of a measles epidemic - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles

2014 - 141,000 people died of Typhoid  -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoid_fever

2000 - 2,17 case of Typhoid with 217,000 deaths.

1918 - H1N1 we all know about that one !

1957 - H1N2 1.1 million estimated deaths world wide

2009 - H1N1 60.8 million cases 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I get that some people have concerns about possible the long term risk, but have they balanced this risk against other factors of their life?

You'll notice that I have neither agreed, nor disagreed with their vax stance.  But I stand behind their right to choose, based on their own risk assessment.  Even if they're proven wrong in 3-4 years.  

As I've stated, I got my jabs as soon as it was practical- February and March. But that was a decision based on my age, my risk factors, and the utter lack of progeny in my future.  Others may make a different decision.  

21 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

hey @impulse and @richard_smith237

How about both of you giving it a rest and get the thread back on track to 'vaccine passports'.

Fair enough - it seems that every thread with even the remotest mention of Covid-19 turns into an anti-vax argument....  My apologies for feeding the anti-vax troll. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

If so, they're not from the same system as regular Thai ID numbers.  You can check the validity of Thai IDs online, and although the one previously posted verifies OK, another one I have from a mate's certificate doesn't.

Checking site:  https://formvalidation.io/guide/validators/id/thai-identification-number/

10 hours ago, impulse said:

That's one opinion, based on a lack of long term data.

And your opinion of the future is just that. Along with a lack of long term data.

Easy to extrapolate data from the past to project into the future. Mathematicians do it every day.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 11:21 PM, driver52 said:

have you seen the situation in Israel? Defo sounds like the vax doesn't work to me

Maybe this not about a 'pandemic' after all but about totalitarian control of all the dumbos who lost the ability to think for themselves a long time ago

What do you think?

I think you're wearing blinkers.

Vax is definitely working!  You're calling anybody who has received the jab a "dumbo". 

The statistics on Covid patients from all the major hospitals in the country I live tell the story...  and further justify the facts.

The non-vaccinated suffer and worst case scenario...  die.

Looking ahead, I can see a dismal future for people like yourself...  not unlike the bygone years of smoking sections in restaurants, planes, trains etc...  and non-smoking sections.  Areas for vaxxers, and areas for anti-vaxxers.

I, (unlike yourself) shall enjoy being a "dumbo" and living my life well into the future...  and as I fly to exotic international destinations I'll be sure to wave to you 43,000 feet below in the Leper Colony!   (I'm sure Dr Google will take care of you). 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:33 AM, impulse said:

You'll notice that I have neither agreed, nor disagreed with their vax stance.  But I stand behind their right to choose, based on their own risk assessment.  Even if they're proven wrong in 3-4 years.  

As I've stated, I got my jabs as soon as it was practical- February and March. But that was a decision based on my age, my risk factors, and the utter lack of progeny in my future.  Others may make a different decision.  

I am afraid you are not allowed such a reasonable opinion anymore...

For those vaccinated stateside, the Clear Pass (Ios and Android) is supposedly Homeland/CBP approved and is easy to set up/scan your ID/CDC card, took me about 5 minutes. 

For Thailand use, there is a QR code function that will take whoever scans it to a page with your name and vaccination status.   All this confirms is that your face matches your ID and that their system accepted your CDC card and what you entered as your vaccine type.   It's not an online verification across the various state databases (yet) as there is not national linked system in the US for vaccine history....   Anyway, the Thai use case is that you can simply have folks at MK/Fuji/Sizzler scan a QR code instead of passing around/scratching their heads with your CDC card.