Visa on arrival/ exemption requirements

Whats going to happen if I purchase health insurance and try to fly to Thailand without a visa? In order to get a tourist visa the embassy wants you to have: 100,000 dollars covid insurance, a certificate of entry, negative covid-19 test, fit to fly form complete by a physician, a completed declaration for this "fit to fly form", quarantine hotel booking info, onward flight booking, a negative covid-19 test for your dog, etcetera... The language school NEVER mentioned anything about these ridiculous requirements and I would have never learned about ANY of them if I never called the embassy in the first place! Sorry for the new thread ubonejoe. The previous one was cluttered with extraneous posts. 

Id like to just fly to BKK and deal with immigration there. I will be covid insured and vaccinated. What immediate issues might arise for me?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Call the Airline and ask them If they will let you on the plane without any of the things needed, before you rate your money. It sucks but we have to do all of that to let you land in Thailand and hopefully you pass the 3 required covid negative test in Thailand lmao, It's a mess overthere seems like it

• Like 1

visa on arrival, visa exemption, tourists visas and all other visas were cancelled in March 2020.

You can avoid quarantine going into ALQ in phuket and samui sandboxes. But they can also be cancelled at any time, depending on developing situation.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are not 'visa on arrival' about to made available?

Perhaps I read fake gossip.

I have not heard or read anything saying that.

How could they enter with a 15 day permit to stay and do the 14 day quarantine? They also cannot apply for a extension other than maybe a 60 day Covid-19 extension.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not heard or read anything saying that.

How could they enter with a 15 day permit to stay and do the 14 day quarantine? They also cannot apply for a extension other than maybe a 60 day Covid-19 extension.

I suppose a 15-day visa on arrival might just make sense if visiting one of the sandboxes, though wild horses would not induce me to do so.

7 hours ago, mikecha said:

it is not a mess i have done this 3 times now but all via embassy  ASQ covid test and there is no other way

i think it is pretty good organised when you arrive the paperwork the immergration the car waiting for you to take you to asq 

just the 14 days room is bad not out .

either you follow or not get in 

You are wrong my friend. There are options to get in, why I go through ASQ hotel solitary confinement for 14 days while I can roam Phuket or Samui freely on the SHA+ or Samui Plus programs and can even change hotels or/and islands after just 7 days. And they are also discussing adding Krabi to the sandbox. 

While you follow your ASQ 14 day solitary confinement. I’ll roam free around Phuket and Samui and enjoy the beach and my drinks and we will both “Follow the rules that makes sense to us and we will both also get in” ????

Just curious why you did it 3 times ? Sounds like you travel for business or family. Otherwise who would be okay with 14+14+14 days in a solitary confinement unless they really have to.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, apart from the requirements listed above, since you mention enter visa exempt then you will need to have onward flight. 

Note it does not need to be return ticket.

This is required for your your boarding pass with airline. This was always a requirement even pre covid.

All of the requirements are reasonable except the quarantine imo. They are making us quarantine even with a negative covid test, 100,000 covid insurance, and a covid vaccination. Im thinking about holding out for a few months. After they get the vaccine roll out maybe things will calm down?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, internationalism said:

visa on arrival, visa exemption, tourists visas and all other visas were cancelled in March 2020.

You can avoid quarantine going into ALQ in phuket and samui sandboxes. But they can also be cancelled at any time, depending on developing situation.

Whats the catch with the Phuket Sandbox? Its not the 14 day quarantine that bothers me but more so the grand I will spend for the hotel stay. What does ALQ stand for?

5 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Whats the catch with the Phuket Sandbox? Its not the 14 day quarantine that bothers me but more so the grand I will spend for the hotel stay. What does ALQ stand for?

ALQ is alternative local quarante. ASQ's are located in Bangkok.

For the Phuket sandbox they are SHA+ hotels. Overall they are less costly than the ASQ and ALQ hotels.

Info here in this infographic. https://thaiembassydc.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Info-แบบย่อ-ENG.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

All of the requirements are reasonable except the quarantine imo. They are making us quarantine even with a negative covid test, 100,000 covid insurance, and a covid vaccination. Im thinking about holding out for a few months. After they get the vaccine roll out maybe things will calm down?

You could ask yourself why even come to Thailand. 

If you have family or significant ties that's different, however from tourist point of view, why come. Everything is shut. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You could ask yourself why even come to Thailand. 

If you have family or significant ties that's different, however from tourist point of view, why come. Everything is shut. 

Yes I have ties. Things are stressful in the covid era. Im starting to think it will be easier to bring Thailand here if you know what I mean. ????

15 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

Will be a lot longer than a few months.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

ALQ is alternative local quarante. ASQ's are located in Bangkok.

For the Phuket sandbox they are SHA+ hotels. Overall they are less costly than the ASQ and ALQ hotels.

Info here in this infographic. https://thaiembassydc.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Info-แบบย่อ-ENG.png

It still says you must quarantine for 14 day, PLUS undergo 3 covid test and have a tracking device on you.... Sounds worse than BKK..... Also, the onward flights are only valid for 48 hours after purchase. How will immigration accept this if my flight TO Thailand if more than 48 hours out? Do they assume you purchased the ticket you "rented" for 48 hours?

Edited by racinkc1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, racinkc1 said:

It still says you must quarantine for 14 day, PLUS undergo 3 covid test and have a tracking device on you.... Sounds worse than BKK..... Also, the onward flights are only valid for 48 hours after purchase. How will immigration accept this if my flight TO Thailand if more than 48 hours out? Do they assume you purchased the ticket you "rented" for 48 hours?

You have to stay in a SHA+ for 14 days. That does not mean you have to stay in your room for 14 days. After the first negative you can leave the room to do things. You just have to spend the night at the same hotel.

The 48 hours is the amount of time the onward ticket will be valid if you somebody checks to see it is valid. You will only need to show the ticket when checking in or boarding your flight to here meaning you could get temporary ticket a couple of days before departure flight. The departure date can on the ticket can be much more than 48 hours. You can also buy a longer 48 hours fo validity for the ticket.

• Like 1

People considering Phuket sandbox could check out the extension of this plan to other locations. (various news sources). Seems that you can soon stay as little as 7 days on Phuket and move to several other places such as some islands etc. Note the transport controls etc seem bothersome to me.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Note the transport controls etc seem bothersome to me.

Getting out of Phuket has been a problem after they stopped allowing domestic entries to the Island.

Now NOK air has flight that started on the 16th to Utapao with connections available to a few cities.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to stay in a SHA+ for 14 days. That does not mean you have to stay in your room for 14 days. After the first negative you can leave the room to do things. You just have to spend the night at the same hotel.

The 48 hours is the amount of time the onward ticket will be valid if you somebody checks to see it is valid. You will only need to show the ticket when checking in or boarding your flight to here meaning you could get temporary ticket a couple of days before departure flight. The departure date can on the ticket can be much more than 48 hours. You can also buy a longer 48 hours fo validity for the ticket.

Ok, the Sandbox is NOT for me. The Sandbox is for tourist minded people. In my opinion, if people are going to be that desperate to engage in leisure travel, they deserve the invasive swabs and a tracking device. Just saying: its not a good time to travel and be a tourist.

As for the onward/repatriation ticket, I need it to obtain the (COE). Im literally looking at the requirements now. To me, it sounds like I will have to purchase two onward tickets. One to get the (COE) and another before my flight, just in case the airline asks for one. 

23 hours ago, skatewash said:

I feel like you're getting the Phuket Sandbox information in dribs and drabs in a piecemeal fashion  My suggestion is to read this as I believe it will answer some of your questions and give you an understanding of what the Phuket Sandbox is and how it works.

https://www.timeout.com/bangkok/travel/guide-to-phuket-sandbox

The biggest difference between Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) and the Phuket Sandbox is simply this:

ASQ you are confined in a hotel room for 14 days.  You only leave the room to be tested.  Your food is brought to you so you can eat in your room.  You are basically in your hotel room for 14 days.

Phuket Sandbox you are in a hotel room until your RT-PCR test taken at the Phuket Airport comes back with a negative result (6-12 hours).  After your test comes back you can go anywhere in Phuket but must return to your SHA Plus hotel room to sleep.  You get food from wherever you want in Phuket (restaurants, cafes, grocery stores, convenience stores, street cart vendors, markets, etc.).  During those 14 days you take 2 more RT-PCR tests.  Other than that you can do whatever you want.  After 14 days in Phuket Sandbox you can leave to go anywhere else in Thailand.

With all do respect, the Phuket Sandbox sounds like a joke, as does "leisure travel" in the middle of a pandemic. People are losing their livelihoods and being separated from their loves ones, while others are more worried about where their next vacation will take place. I realize people want to live and enjoy their lives and I am just saying maybe they could do it somewhere with a lower infection rate. Thailand is really infected right now.