Unvaccinated and travelling to LoS

Los Luver

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Also here in CM we are told no tourists are allowed here from Phuket because CM is a red zone. 

I am looking to come back from the UK to Thailand in Oct/Nov and need to get to Surin

to see my family (no transport options as all options are suspended). The GF has told me i could get her brother (lives in Bangkok for work) can drive me to Surin but will have to drop me off somewhere near Surin as if he goes anywhere near the village he will have to Quarantine for 14 days. I presume this is because Bangkok is a red Zone. 

I cant see that CM can stop people from going there only the other way round

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

I am looking to come back from the UK to Thailand in Oct/Nov and need to get to Surin

to see my family (no transport options as all options are suspended). The GF has told me i could get her brother (lives in Bangkok for work) can drive me to Surin but will have to drop me off somewhere near Surin as if he goes anywhere near the village he will have to Quarantine for 14 days. I presume this is because Bangkok is a red Zone. 

I cant see that CM can stop people from going there only the other way round

I'm hearing it's not really a problem traveling to most provinces.  The problem comes when you reach your destination.  Some places especially in smaller places in the countryside are insisting that visitors self-quarantine.  Local restrictions are very local.  If you are ultimately going somewhere to visit family make sure you find out about what the local policies are at your destination.  It may not be hard to get to your destination but you may need to undergo a local quarantine at that destination.

2 hours ago, Bukowski said:

I'm sure they have vaccines available. Perhaps he's able to understand data, make decisions / risk analysis regarding his health by himself, instead of blindly following pharma salesmen on tv.  Perhaps?

You must be his spokesman.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bukowski said:

Don't listen to the doomsday old gits on here.. if you are healthy you have nothing to worry about. I'm also planning on travelling to Thailand in October as I believe the rules on entry are due to be updated then. Good luck.  

The airline may have vax requirement. Then what?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My plan is a 3 month trip to Pattaya. As unvaccinated I will spend the first 2 weeks  in AQ  before moving to a condo which I already booked for 2.5 months.

I will not be travelling around in LoS, except to BKK if it's allowed...

The reason of this thread is that I worry if they will send back from the airport or if I have to leave Thailand after the quarantine.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

My plan is a 3 month trip to Pattaya. As unvaccinated I will spend the first 2 weeks  in AQ  before moving to a condo which I already booked for 2.5 months.

The reason of this thread is that I worry if they will send back from the airport or if I have to leave Thailand after the quarantine.....

You can do ALQ in Pattaya. 
ALQ Hotels in Pattaya:  https://asq.in.th/aslq-pattaya-chonburi-thailand-hotels

The only thing that could put a crimp in your plans is if you test positive for covid during your quarantine.  If you do you will be taken to the hospital associated with your ALQ hotel.  If you never test positive then I don't see any problem with your plans.

Alternatively, you could do ASQ in Bangkok and after you graduate after 14 days you could travel to Pattaya and stay at the condo you booked. 
ASQ Hotels in Bangkok:  https://asq.in.th/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Letseng said:

The airline may have vax requirement. Then what? 

If that were the case, perhaps choose another airline? But none of the airlines flying to Thailand from Europe require vaccination papers so I don't know what you're on about. 

• Thanks 1

Lucky that you are in Sweden.  In Canada I would not be able to get a travel insurance policy.

Lucky for me I have had 2 Pfizer shots.  I also still need lots of forms filled the correct way, as well as 

I would have to be crazy to go now, when there are so few places open in Thailand to visit.

I am wondering why you want to travel abroad, and you have not yet been vaccinated?

My Thai family are telling all of us in Canada to stay home, as we have lost a few members to COVID and

the Bangkok hospitals are full. Even my one aunt who had connections, took 2 weeks being sick before she could get 

a costly bad in a hospital.  My advice is get vaccinated first, then plan a trip abroad. If you were to contract COVID, at least you 

would have a better chance of no dying from it.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

You have had a lot of good advice today.  Why come?  Basically anything you would likely enjoy seeing or doing is locked down and may stay that way a while longer.  Of course, you can still go to 7/11 (those that are still open) except from 9 p.m. until 4 a.m. (9 p.m. curfew).  If you insist on coming get fully vaccinated first.  Thailand has enough unvaccinated people as it is.  Vaccines coming from abroad are trickling in when a massive amount of vaccines is needed.

All MY favorite 7/11's have shut down. They were the highlight of my life!

OP - strongly encourage you to STAY HOME! Absolutely NOTHING to do here. All the bars/pubs are shut down, all the cute girls (and the not so cute) have gone back to their villages. Did I mention there is NOTHING to do here?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bukowski said:

Don't listen to the doomsday old gits on here.. if you are healthy you have nothing to worry about. I'm also planning on travelling to Thailand in October as I believe the rules on entry are due to be updated then. Good luck.  

And what do you plan on doing? Nothing is open. Serious question - what do you think you will do here?

11 hours ago, Los Luver said:

I live in Pattaya. There is NOTHING TO DO HERE! Even most 7/11's are shuttered. It is a ghost town. Tumble weeds down the roads, curfew 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. Pattaya beach is currently in a political battle whether or not to do another "improvement" and the homeless lining beach road is a depressing site. (The tumble weeds was an exaggeration but not by much). No theaters, no clubs, no restaurants, absolutely no nightlife. If you feel it would be nice to come and stare at the walls of your hotel, then go for it. Otherwise, save your money and wait until Pattaya has been resuscitated.

Additionally: Even if your rented condo has a pool or gym, they are all shut down with no reopening any time soon

Edited by HappyExpat57

13 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Beaches are shut. Condo pools are shut. Seriously, save your money until Pattaya is at least half way open again.

I go to Phuket. Beaches are open. Have many friends there who I speak with on a regular basis. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Los Luver said:

Perhaps you should start considering the chances of you becoming infected while in Thailand and the consequences that would arise from that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You will need Covid insurance (and maybe travel insurance) to come to Thailand. A 2 week plus stay in hospital will not be cheap if you get Covid in Thailand. Also, if touring around, inter-provincial travel may require quarantine. The situation is still rather fluid, and quarantines, lockdowns, closures may change. Also internal inter-provincial public travel is restricted - trains, coaches and planes have only a limited service.

Getting vaccinated first would be sensible, and coming at all is questionable! Things may improve in October, but i wouldn't book a long time in advance, things change quickly.

• Like 1

On Monday I'll go to get jabbed and I will come anyway. In that case will I have to do those 14 days in ASQ ??

Cause I don't want to take the risque to stay all 3 months in Phuket.

I prefere the AQ in BKK/Patts than Sandbox 

2 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Yes, except for Phuket where you will do the Sandbox.

I want to visit only BKK and Patts. No sandbox far from those 2 cities. As I said I prefere AQ and gain my freedom after than sandbox. Cause I don't want to get stuck in Phuket/Samui....

I only wonder if AQ will be for 14 or 10 days, if jabbed....

3 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

I want to visit only BKK and Patts. No sandbox far from those 2 cities. As I said I prefere AQ and gain my freedom after than sandbox. Cause I don't want to get stuck in Phuket/Samui....

1.  ASQ is for 14 days.

2.  Generally, you have to wait 14 days after your final jab to be considered fully vaccinated.  But your vaccination status doesn't impact ASQ quarantine period anyway as it's 14 days for everyone.

3.  It's true you can get stuck in the Phuket Sandbox in the sense that if you test positive for covid during your time in the sandbox you will be hospitalized.  However, the exact same thing is true if you are in ASQ (Bangkok) or ALQ (Pattaya). 

The advantage of ASQ/ALQ over the Phuket Sandbox is that you will usually not be required to enter quarantine if any of your close contacts test positive for covid like you might be in the sandbox.  In ASQ/ALQ you are less likely than in Phuket Sandbox to be required to be quarantined because you are already quarantined and since you are already quarantined you are much less likely to have any close contacts.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, khunPer said:

Sweden has a population of 10 million, Thailand of 70 million. Sweden had 1.316 new Covid-cases two days ago - they haven't yet reported the numbers from today and yesterday, might be due to time zone difference - so to compare, Sweden would have 13,000 new cases if it had same population as Thailand.

Active cases in Sweden right now are 19,632, which would equal 196,000 cases in Thailand, which have 210,000 active cases at the same day, so not that huge a difference.

Historically Sweden had 108,000 cases per 1 million population, and 1,438 deaths; Thailand had 13,000 cases per 1 million population and 114 deaths.

A year and a half after Sweden decided not to lock down, its COVID-19 death rate is up to 10 times higher than its neighbors

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-sweden-decided-not-lock-115500722.html

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Los Luver said:

If you prefer an ASQ hotel room that you can’t leave for 15 nights, thats your choice. 

However, if you are basing that choice only on the idea that you cannot leave phuket after a 14 Sandbox quarantine, the information you have is incorrect. 

After 14 days staying at an SHA Plus hotel under the SandBox scheme any visitor is free to travel elsewhere in Thailand. 

Domestic flights ‘for the most part’ have stopped, but there are still options:  

Nok Air - to U-Tapao (not sure of frequency)

Thai Airways (to Bangkok - 2 twice per week from Sept)

People are hiring cars / vans off the island

There is a ‘Sandbox Bus’ off the island to Suvarnabumi airport

I will be in ’Sandboxing’ in a couple of weeks. I have no concerns about getting off the island after 14 days. 

But, if I can, I will probably bring my family down to Phuket instead of going back to Bangkok if it is still in Lock down. 

Thus, one thing to consider is will anything even be open in Bangkok and Patts when you are visiting - Phuket may well be a better option all around. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

A year and a half after Sweden decided not to lock down, its COVID-19 death rate is up to 10 times higher than its neighbors

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-sweden-decided-not-lock-115500722.html

Sweden: Population: 10.23m / Covid-19 Deaths: 14,668

Norway: Population: 5.33m / Covid-19 Deaths:  811

Finaland: Population: 5.52m  / Covid-19 Deaths: 1012

I checked the numbers to contradict that news, but found the above facts to be damning. 

On the surface of it those countries which locked down, fared better, perhaps Sweden slightly higher population density may be a reason, but its capital is more sparsely populated than the capitals of its neighbours. 

Sweden: 25 per Km2 / Stockholm: 367 per Km2

Norway: 15 per Km2 / Oslo: 1533 per Km2

Finland: 18 per Km2 / Helsinki 2986 per Km2

The facts remain damning, lockdown seems much more effective than Swedens ‘open’ model. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1