A First.... Google News Feed Leads To Thaivisa

As someone who has more than a passing interest in Thailand-related news, I have a number of news alerts for selective keywords affliated with Yahoo News and Google News, among others. These news alerts are sent via emails.

Just now, for the first time, an email notification came from Google News alerting me to a news item. Interestingly, rather than being taken to some news source such as CNN or Bloomberg to read the article, it took me to a new Thaivisa thread, which had triggered the alert as it's topic contained the key words. :o:D

Seemed very odd... and as I wasn't sure if anyone at Thaivisa knew this could happen, so I thought I'd let them know.

Edited by sriracha john

We are in a BETA group for Google News, and they are testing different feeds from us. First time I have heard it shows up, though. Could you please upload a screen shot of that alert email from Google please?

Cheers

This is not Google News Alerts, this was Google Web Alerts (new web pages)

It was made as a news alert in the Google news section.

As a test of the procedure for Google, I just tried it again and when you click "Make a news alert" while in Google news, it opens "Create a Google Alert" window. Evidently for this particular news feed, I selected "comprehensive" which includes News, Blogs, Web, and Groups.

I've never gotten any other emails other than News for these alerts.