Thai Government May Ease Some COVID-19 Restrictions Next Month

snoop1130

I don't believe a word of anything they tell us in Thailand. I live 20 km from a town of 56000 people in Sakon Nakhon where I attend a hospital for TB treatment. One of the staff told me they have over 100 Covid patients hospitalized and being treated. Today I read in the Thai Covid update there are 88 cases in the entire province. Someone is lying their faces off and my bet is it's not the young lady at the local hospital here

• Like 1

Great idea I hear Pattaya may reopen the bars.. let's open Nana and Cowboy and we can all share the next spike...no Bar in central Thailand should be allowed to open and no girls should be allowed to travel...our village has over 80 cases almost all came from people travelling here from BKk. Unless they can pay for a test from a hospital in BKk and a test when they arrive in their province they should not be allowed to travel. Total cost should not exceed 1000 baht. 

Interprovincial travel by air needs to open a.s.a.p. . Is a major inconvenience to business people and returning farangs .     Why stop air travel when mini buses , cars  and heavy goods vehicles are still allowed ?  The one covid rule that is often ignored is social distancing which is probably the quickest way of spreading the covid virus . Gotta get the basics right first or all else that is newly thought up is pointless .

On 8/21/2021 at 4:15 AM, Tanlic said:

I don't believe a word of anything they tell us in Thailand. I live 20 km from a town of 56000 people in Sakon Nakhon where I attend a hospital for TB treatment. One of the staff told me they have over 100 Covid patients hospitalized and being treated. Today I read in the Thai Covid update there are 88 cases in the entire province. Someone is lying their faces off and my bet is it's not the young lady at the local hospital here

Ask yourself another question : since when, life does matter in Thailand ?

I mean in the western, baby boomers, old and tired way ?

In the big scheme of things, you know very well that in Thailand no one gives a rat f... of 250 "deaths" per day (whatever if they die from or with Covid).

Karma, "it's like that"... I mean, its pervasive in Thailand.

So why, suddendly, it would, it should change for Covid ?

You can see there that something is wrong. Covid is a disease, an event, for western countries : old, tired, rich countries.

Therefore your western "analysis" of the situation is irrelevant. And this is precisely why developping countries like Thailand are going to put Covid behind them.

Because it can't be sustained (1 year and hald already !). They have no choice.

And because it does not match thai culture.

Edited by cclub75
  • Confused 1