TM30 Filing on Return to Thailand

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Returning to where you live then no TM30 required even after international travel.

This is not what I experienced. Staying at an ASQ in BKK in July, it was up to the hotel to file a TM30 for me - or not. But my agent here in Chiang Mai advised me to ask them to do a new TM30 within 24 hours after my return to my residential address here in CNX, and that's what they did. They pointed out, however, that the next 90 days report starts counting from the date of arrival at BKK airport, and not from the date of arrival back home, which means my next TM30 will be 76 days after my return to Chiang Mai, and the 14 days in quarantine are considered to be "lost".

• Like 1

Your ASQ hotel will file a TM30 for you for the stay with them.

Once you return to your "home" it's up to you (or your landlord) to submit a TM30 within 24 hours, for your stay there.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

This is not what I experienced. Staying at an ASQ in BKK in July, it was up to the hotel to file a TM30 for me - or not. But my agent here in Chiang Mai advised me to ask them to do a new TM30 within 24 hours after my return to my residential address here in CNX, and that's what they did. They pointed out, however, that the next 90 days report starts counting from the date of arrival at BKK airport, and not from the date of arrival back home, which means my next TM30 will be 76 days after my return to Chiang Mai, and the 14 days in quarantine are considered to be "lost".

Your report clock always starts from when you enter Thailand. 

I would have asked hotel not to file TM30. However they prob would.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, paddyfield7 said:

As I experienced also.

Correct.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Your report clock always starts from when you enter Thailand. 

I would have asked hotel not to file TM30. However they prob would.

I didn't ask the ASQ hotel to file a TM30, nor not to do sot. This is none of my businesses, but as far as I'm informed, they would be obliged to do so. I'm, however, thankful to my agent to advise me that the next 90 days started counting from my arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport, and not upon arriving back home.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

I didn't ask the ASQ hotel to file a TM30, nor not to do sot. This is none of my businesses, but as far as I'm informed, they would be obliged to do so. I'm, however, thankful to my agent to advise me that the next 90 days started counting from my arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport, and not upon arriving back home.

You don't need an agent to tell you that.

Every entry to Thailand starts your 90 day clock. Pretty easy to know your due date for 90 report is.

As for TM30 ....I would have done nothing. TM30 is no longer required if returning to your regular address. Fact that you sent time in Bangkok is of no consequence.

In any event your using agent so bit irrelevant.

For me personally, I would file a new TM30 within a day of leaving ASQ and returning to my long-time residence.

I'd assume the ASQ facility flied a TM30 for me, and I'd wish to overwrite that. But filing a TM30 is relatively easy if your address is registered with the system.

I think the app works fine, but seem to recall people having issues saving a record when using the web interface.

I'd also assume the 90 day reporting clock starts when I get stamped in at SBIA/BKK or HKT, and not after I'm released from ASQ.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

For me personally, I would file a new TM30 within a day of leaving ASQ and returning to my long-time residence.

If on a extension stay a TM30 report is not required unless you change your address. New TM30 rules went into effect in June of last year. See: Regulation For TM30 Reporting (June 2020)41.16 kB · 119 downloads  

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If on a extension stay a TM30 report is not required unless you change your address. New TM30 rules went into effect in June of last year. See: Regulation For TM30 Reporting (June 2020)41.16 kB · 119 downloads  

Yeah, most of us are aware of this. But as I said, for me it would be a personal choice to file a new TM30, just to insure a clean record going forward. It only takes a few minutes, so like I said, for me, personally I would take the time to do it.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It only takes a few minutes, so like I said, for me, personally I would take the time to do it.

It is not that easy unless you are registered to do it online.

Most people would not bother to register (if possible) for it now since it would only be required if you change your address.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't need an agent to tell you that.

Every entry to Thailand starts your 90 day clock. Pretty easy to know your due date for 90 report is.

As for TM30 ....I would have done nothing. TM30 is no longer required if returning to your regular address. Fact that you sent time in Bangkok is of no consequence.

In any event your using agent so bit irrelevant.

You may do it your way - I do it mine. I have done this during my now 8 years in Thailand now, with an average of 3 overseas trips per year, and obviously Chiang Mai Immigration would have told me if this was no longer necessary. They just confirmed to me as follows

This document (TM30) is to update your accommodation where you are staying by updating only once you come back to Thailand, which must be kept in the passport to show  Immigration knows where you live.
In the reporting section every 90  days is to report that you are still in Thailand.

unquote

I don't use an agent to tell me anything; I'm just using one to do the unpleasant sides of some Immigration contacts and visits. Let's leave it like that and not argue any further. Thanks.

19 hours ago, jackdd said:

Your ASQ hotel will file a TM30 for you for the stay with them.

Once you return to your "home" it's up to you (or your landlord) to submit a TM30 within 24 hours, for your stay there.

The rules changed last year. If you're returning to where you've previously resided, no need to do a new TM30. 

I'd provide a link but it's a site banned by Thaivisa. 

Edited by lordblackader

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just tot the following message from Chiang Mai Immigration

In the area of Chiang Mai Immigration, still have to do tm.30 and 90 days report as before, nothing has changed.

unquote

It seems each and every immigration office has different rules, and even within one and the same office the officers are applying the rules differently......

• Haha 1