TAT proposes paying part of quarantine bill for tourists

webfact

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Stop all this nonsense.

Drop the COE, drop the pcr tests and drop the quarantine, drop the tracer apps.

Flash your vaccine app/cards at the airline and get on with it. At some point that is what will happen, may as well be in the coming months rather than years

I'm willing to bet that twenty years from now, as with the nail-clipper and liquids in bags theatre at airports, they will still have ridiculous badly thought out knee jerk rules, and the numpties and nimmeranjies from developed countries will still line up to be corralled and fleeced by total muppets with badges and guns. And I wish I had easy solutions for a sensible balance, but I don't.

I see the complaints about Thailand, but I also wonder just how easy it is go go to Vietnam, or

lets say Australia, New Zealand, etc.  I doubt that getting to Europe or Great Britain would be

as hard as getting to especially Australia.  Getting to Thailand is not so tough, but getting back to Canada

is the big gamble for me. Looks like the Winter of 2022 for me to try go to Thailand.

Geezer

They have not understood a thing ........... It is not about Thailand's most important commodity = money. It is about locking people into a confinement, be it a quarantine hotel, a sandbox or any other funny little idea they might have. 

I would not spend a single confined day of my scare vacation in an overpriced hotel with crappy cold plastic-wrapped food served by aliens in transparent garbage bags. 

Open the country = you get tourists = your get money (much less, by the way, than you presently still think)
Quarantine/sandboxing = no tourists = no money

Is it that difficult to understand? Look at the Dominican Republic, almost entire Europe = open, no quarantine, no masks, no nothing. Somebody is grossly misusing this whole subject for personal gain and control of power here in Thailand - me thinks!  

So, make up your mind; open the country or keep it closed - your call! 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, dallen52 said:

Reduce the cost and reduce the duration of quarantine.

Fully vaccinated?

Then why a 40,000 baht quarantine and mandatory 26,000 baht insurance.

precisely, the present 100k usd covid insurance is an over kill as 90% of vaccinated folks will hardly experience anything serious requiring hospitalization..
Its an obvious money grab setup for the local Thai insurers to make $ (cost 32k bht for 365 days covid insurance ). 
TL will have to scrap this n the ASQ for vaccinated folks n drastically lower its covid nos so that visitors do not need to quarantine when returning home before anyway will think of coming ...

Edited by relax33

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, chalawaan said:

Aotearoa must be really horrible if you're willing to pay that much to rush back into Covid central.

COVID finally is just starting to run through New Zealand. I am not in a high risk group for the deadly virus but our feminist PM loves to do lockdowns over just a few cases so better to move back here and keep the kids in school.