Old trees removed from beach rd

digbeth

The shade trees are creating too much work for the sweepers?  What a crock.  The walkways need to be swept anyway.  The real work is maintaining all the palm trees--seems like work crews are out often chopping off and collecting all the dead fronds.  Likely a lucrative contract for someone.

• Like 2

Personally I'm quite anti tree. Drove into one once.. That wasn't a great night. Leaves on your car in autumn. They are noisey in the wind.  Not to mention that you can have a really picturesque view totally ruined by a few thoughtlessly placed trees. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, LA8RAT said:

Personally I'm quite anti tree. Drove into one once.. That wasn't a great night. Leaves on your car in autumn. They are noisey in the wind.  Not to mention that you can have a really picturesque view totally ruined by a few thoughtlessly placed trees. 

Well I don't plan to drive on the beach, but if I do a tree to prevent me getting into the sea might be a good thing. Again I shall not be parking on the beach either, and the leaves blowing around are more pleasant than the plastic bags and Styrofoam food containers. The view, forward on a lounger is enhanced by a bit of green above, the view to the sea unimpeded, and even from a nearby condo, likely you see over them. Plus they clean the air.... quite a struggle on Beach Road. 

• Like 1