Bangkok launches home vaccination service for the bed-ridden and vulnerable

webfact

000_9JW2F8.jpg

Photo by Saeed KHAN / AFP

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is now offering an in-home vaccination service for bed-ridden patients and other vulnerable people in frail health, who are unable to leave their homes and are not yet vaccinated.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said, in his Facebook post today (Friday), that many bed-ridden patients and elderly people, who rarely leave their homes, have mostly been infected by others in their families who do go out.

“So, home is not a safe haven from COVID-19 anymore,” said the governor, adding that vaccinating these people can help reduce infections in Bangkok and the city’s administration has deployed numerous teams to several communities and high-risk areas to provide free vaccinations.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-launches-home-vaccination-service-for-the-bed-ridden-and-vulnerable/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

That, indeed, was a hole thst needed to be plugged - not from a spreading perspective (unlikely the bed-ridden/housebound are gonna be spreading it around much), but certainly from a death rate/severe symptoms one, as I guess a lot of these guys would be in a vulnerable category.

Too bad that they are too late for 2 of my Bangkok relatives. One is dead and the other is in hospital on oxygen now

and it does not look good for her. Their son is also sick, but he did have his 2 shots and is expected to make it

okay.  I hope that this program helps a lot of the older Thais and expats that are home bound.

Geezer