Big Joke vs Big Too: PM wins court battle against former top policeman over transfer from Immigration

webfact

20 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Written in Thai it's ตู่ which means false claim / assume ownership.

Certainly that is how Google is translating it, and here too:http://www.thai-language.com/default.aspx  but I suspect an accidental or more likely deliberate transcription. Thai chu len are "things" not characteristics and he has himself referred to as Luung Tu by PR efforts.

If I am wrong I will retract, but i am not yet sure I am and can't be bothered to get my Thai books out.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Certainly that is how Google is translating it, and here too:http://www.thai-language.com/default.aspx  but I suspect an accidental or more likely deliberate transcription. Thai chu len are "things" not characteristics and he has himself referred to as Luung Tu by PR efforts.

If I am wrong I will retract, but i am not yet sure I am and can't be bothered to get my Thai books out.

I very much doubt it's his actual 'chue len', rather a name he's been assigned by others.  I'm not particularly interested either way, just posting the way I understand it to be written and the way I have seen it written in Thai articles which don't bother with how westerners might choose to interpret the sound of Thai words.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, trainman34014 said:

He is back in charge of 'Police Reform'.  That's an even bigger joke as ' Police Reform' in Thailand is but a Myth; it has never happened and never will, he and anyone else who tries it will be dead first !

They snookered him good.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It has been a very public disagreement in Thailand - the spat between the former head of the Immigration Bureau Lt-Gen Surachate Hakpan and the Prime Minister of Thailand Prayuth Chan-ocha.

This is one of those situations where neither protagonist is worthy of supporting or being seen as the more worthy. 

It’s like watching Man U versus Man City where you want both to lose and continue losing till the end of eternity. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo and missing word

4 hours ago, BestB said:

His fall was faster than his rise. 

went from captain of tourist police to a general and head of immigration in a matter of 12 months which would normally take at least 20 years 

There was once another police officer who made a very high and quick rise up to Pm ...., until the BKK Hiso  got scary about his influence on the majority of the Thai people ..... looks almost a "deja vu ".....so this time the Bkk Hiso elite handled quicker.....to avoid a rehearsal :whistling:  

• Like 2