Paint/chemical for kill/stop ants eating the wood?

sanook 1

Can anyone recomend some paint(i was told there is such), or another spray/chemical that stops the ants(i believe) eating the wood in the house??  Is it enough to spray on the wood with ars/baygon to make them stop? 

Edited by sanook 1
Added info

Just now, Rimmer said:

Yes Chaindrite in the big cans for painting directly onto wood, I have used it for years, once painted on the the ants wont go near it.

Thanks will give Chaindrite a try as another poster recomended as well, cheers! 

5 minutes ago, Steve&mem said:

I think this is the stuff you are talking about.

20210822_153747 (1).jpg

No that's a spray that you dilute 14:1 and spray all around outside the house, the stuff to buy is Chiandrite wood preservative it comes in 1.8 ltr cans with a screw top

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

No that's a spray on that you dilute 14:1 the stuff to buy is Chiandrite wood preservative it comes in 1.8 ltr cans with a screw top

If you can translate here is a picture of the back. I believe that there were cans when we were building our house, this bottle was bought for a external door on mother in-law rice shed, we just painted it straight on, they ain't touched yet.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

Can anyone identify the active chemical from the label? I have some woodworm fluid I bought in UK a long while ago; when I checked online I found the active chemical had been banned under the Stockholm Convention 20 years ago! Good stuff: when I inject into woodworm holes the little critters come scuttling out!

• Like 1