Covid Vaccinations for Thais

Jumbo1968

How does my Thai wife register for a Covid Vaccination, she is 43 years old with no underlying health issues, I enquired at Bangkok Pattaya but they are only vaccinating foreigners, we live in Pattaya.

Edited by Jumbo1968
More text
  • Thanks 1

A good question. My Thai partner is 52 and no underlying condition.  Also, it seems the vaccines that the City obtained are only available for those registered in a Pattaya housebook. Like most Thais here in Pattaya, he is registered in his home province in Isaan.

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

In the past there were mass vaccinations for Thai people at the Pattaya city hospital in Soi Buakhao. No idea what the current state is.

They never appear to inform anyone, there was also similar at the football stadium a few months back.

We are in much the same position as soisanuk.  I am getting my shots from BHP as part of the expat process, but my G/F number one is registered in her home house book in another province way up north. She is younger at 37,  and no health problems but we have decided that the only real option, apart from getting Sinovac in her home town, is to pay for Pfizer or AZ at BHP or Bangkok Hospital Rayong. .  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

A good question. My Thai partner is 52 and no underlying condition.  Also, it seems the vaccines that the City obtained are only available for those registered in a Pattaya housebook. Like most Thais here in Pattaya, he is registered in his home province in Isaan.

Yes. similar to my partner who seems unable to book a vac.

Yesterday in the Pattaya suburb of Nong Prue they were accepting registrations for upcoming vaccines at a big school. I went with my Thai wife, though I couldn’t go inside, and a thousand or more were registered. This would be for Sinovac followed later by the Astra Zenika.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

.......... we have decided that the only real option, apart from getting Sinovac in her home town, is to pay for Pfizer or AZ at BHP or Bangkok Hospital Rayong. .  

According to their website Bangkok Hospital Rayong is as well only accepting people from Rayong. At least that is what my wife - registered in Korat - told me.

I would love to pay for Pfizer at BHP. We live in Pattaya. But how ? It is not a question of money - it is a question of time ! I have no clue why they do not accept Thai nationals when foreigners get vaccinated with Pfizer just in this very moment in various provinces.

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Yesterday in the Pattaya suburb of Nong Prue they were accepting registrations for upcoming vaccines at a big school. I went with my Thai wife, though I couldn’t go inside, and a thousand or more were registered. This would be for Sinovac followed later by the Astra Zenika.

My friend registered months ago and so far no word

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

........ This would be for Sinovac followed later by the Astra Zenika.

Next mystery: I think it is safe to assume that Pfizer is superior regarding the Delta Variant - at least according to multiple studies. Why would my wife (41, preconditions) go for Sinovac-AZ when Pfizer is obviously available somewhere.

7 minutes ago, moogradod said:

According to their website Bangkok Hospital Rayong is as well only accepting people from Rayong. At least that is what my wife - registered in Korat - told me.

I would love to pay for Pfizer at BHP. We live in Pattaya. But how ? It is not a question of money - it is a question of time ! I have no clue why they do not accept Thai nationals when foreigners get vaccinated with Pfizer just in this very moment in various provinces.

I have been told the same, but only in respect of a free vaccine.  As you and I know all too well, money solves everything here.  The Private Hospitals now have a sufficient supply of better vaccines,   but they are not advertising the fact, except in BKK.  We will be going to Rayong Hospital later this week to check it all out, at source, so I will report back. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Anyone that needs to find out where to register in Pattaya can call Pattaya Contact Center phone # 1337.

Thanks. This #1337 will connect you to where exactly ? Remember this should be for Thais NOT registered in Pattaya but only permanently living here. As are hundreds of thousands I believe.

Edited by moogradod

2 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have been told the same, but only in respect of a free vaccine.  As you and I know all too well, money solves everything here.  The Private Hospitals now have a sufficient supply of better vaccines,   but they are not advertising the fact, except in BKK.  We will be going to Rayong Hospital later this week to check it all out, at source, so I will report back. 

Why not check at BHP ? I am willing to pay any price if this guarantees two shots for my wife plus daughter, so 4 shots all in all for Pfizer. Why most are so obsessed to get the vaccines for free ? If you get a huge reward in return its more than fair that this will cost something. And in this case the return IS huge. It may save you from dying (at least earlier) - so how much worth is that. And you do not fleece somebody if there are enough vaccines as you say.

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

Why not check at BHP ? I am willing to pay any price if this guarantees two shots for my wife plus daughter, so 4 shots all in all for Pfizer. Why most are so obsessed to get the vaccines for free ? If you get a huge reward in return its more than fair that this will cost something. And in this case the return IS huge. It may save you from dying (at least earlier) - so how much worth is that. And you do not fleece somebody if there are enough vaccines as you say.

The reason to go to Rayong Hospital is that my G/F is a past out patient there, so she will be on their records. That may help. 

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

The reason to go to Rayong Hospital is that my G/F is a past out patient there, so she will be on their records. That may help. 

Yes. Maybe it does. Good luck. The magical thing is the hospital number I believe. We have all three at BHP.

From whatever I could gather, the Pfizer that is/was available here is being used for people over 60 or those with the various ailments and it was free. Mother in law got her Pfizer at the stadium by being there at 7 in the morning for an afternoon shot, it seems there were 300 shots available. She is getting her second shot next week. For those healthy under 60 Thais its only AZ or the chinese juice.

My wife managed to register and pay for Moderna at a hospital in Bangkok, but of course we have no news as to when the first lot is going to arrive. I also paid for Moderna at Bumrungrad but managed a first shot of Pfizer at Medpark with the second due in September. In the meantime I have received offers from BHP for Pfizer (free), Medpark and Bumrungrad for Moderna which would obviously be for the lot supposed to be arriving in 2022.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Thanks. This #1337 will connect you to where exactly ? Remember this should be for Thais NOT registered in Pattaya but only permanently living here. As are hundreds of thousands I believe.

It's an information center run by Pattaya City. They will have/be able to obtain the information you need. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, a340bangla1 said:

From whatever I could gather, the Pfizer that is/was available here is being used for people over 60 or those with the various ailments and it was free. Mother in law got her Pfizer at the stadium by being there at 7 in the morning for an afternoon shot, it seems there were 300 shots available. She is getting her second shot next week. For those healthy under 60 Thais its only AZ or the chinese juice.

My wife managed to register and pay for Moderna at a hospital in Bangkok, but of course we have no news as to when the first lot is going to arrive. I also paid for Moderna at Bumrungrad but managed a first shot of Pfizer at Medpark with the second due in September. In the meantime I have received offers from BHP for Pfizer (free), Medpark and Bumrungrad for Moderna which would obviously be for the lot supposed to be arriving in 2022.

Nice initiative and I hope for you that you are successful. But it is a bit like in the wild west - isn't it.

In Switzerland I had a family doctor which I would approach as a single point of contact for ANY health matters and HE would either do something or organize something in order to solve my health problem. After all that is what a doctor or hospital is for - or not ?. Starting with the diagnosis or joint diagnosis organized by HIM. And if a vaccine would have been necessary and he would not have it available then HE would organize it. Exactly the right one. After all how could I really know which one to choose in my case to begin with ??

At least in this vaccination matters you will be left alone at the moment. As if it were not that important. I find this aspect is quite disturbing.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

I contacted Bangkok Pattaya, they are not allowed to do private vaccinations, they estimate Jan/Feb 2022 and that would be Moderna vaccine.

They are not allowed ? Although this would be helpful as can be ? Is it only me who thinks how bonkers that is ? Or am I really missing something completely ? Or I did die from Covid already and this all happens in the intermediate state. Like in "Jacobs Ladder"....

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

They are not allowed ? Although this would be helpful as can be ? Is it only me who thinks how bonkers that is ? Or am I really missing something completely ? Or I did die from Covid already and this all happens in the intermediate state. Like in "Jacobs Ladder"....

BP said what they have has been allocated by the government for foreign residents, so much for looking after their own !

They are daily vaccinating hundreds if not thousand up at the Indoor stadium, go up and try to speak to someone as to how to register I heard they are mixing and matching first shot Sino second AZ for Thais? 

Funny, I was at BPH a number of times the last month they are giving Sino and AZ to Thais I had walked by from coming the elevator from the parking lot they are doing vaccinations near the beauty clinic.

Edited by thailand49

Just now, thailand49 said:

They are daily vaccinating hundreds if not thousand up at the Indoor stadium, go up and try to speak to someone as to how to register I heard they are mixing and matching first shot Sino second AZ for Thais? 

Nothing publicised about it, send me a link please.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Nothing publicised about it, send me a link please.

I don't have a link, I first read it here on Asean thought nothing of it until I ended up driving up the road to take a short cut and the road was back up for like 2 KM, cars lining up to get in. When I got home told the wife she said she knew about it but didn't want the Sino?  Sorry no link?

3 hours ago, moogradod said:

Nice initiative and I hope for you that you are successful. But it is a bit like in the wild west - isn't it.

In Switzerland I had a family doctor which I would approach as a single point of contact for ANY health matters and HE would either do something or organize something in order to solve my health problem. After all that is what a doctor or hospital is for - or not ?. Starting with the diagnosis or joint diagnosis organized by HIM. And if a vaccine would have been necessary and he would not have it available then HE would organize it. Exactly the right one. After all how could I really know which one to choose in my case to begin with ??

At least in this vaccination matters you will be left alone at the moment. As if it were not that important. I find this aspect is quite disturbing.

At least for 2 thirds of our small family, that is for MiL and myself I am quite confident as we both have appointments for the second shot of Pfizer (free) at the beginning of September. 49 years old wife refuses AZ and the Chinese stuff (and I, of course do not have any arguments against that), so we will have to hope that the Moderna thing will work out in October. Me having paid for my Moderna reservation does not really bother me, I just consider that as the payment for the free-of-charge Pfizer jabs. Of course all this is a bit of wild west, you takes your chances where you can get them. We have applied in many places and were lucky that at least for the older ones in our family it worked out in the end. Funnily enough, after I had the appointment for the Pfizer jab at Medpark, I got an SMS from BPH for a Pfizer appointment at Central festival .... I am glad I took the Medpark appointment, they are very professional and well organized.

About the notion of a Hausarzt (family doctor) - well - such an institution does not exist here, does it ? After 25 years of expat existence I have almost forgotten what it meant to go back to the same doctor who knew you and took care of your small (and big) wehwechen. Here only a good insurance and knowledge of the right doctors in the right hospitals helps (most of the time).

Ciao